Pee Stories That Make The News

Elizabeth line had trains stranded for hours on Thursday due to overhead power line damage.   According to reports, the driver was letting people off the train to pee on the tracks, but some people peed on the train floor.   Rachel Riley and James Blunt were among the stranded passengers.  Would love to have seen if Rachel had to improvise.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trapped-passengers-urinate-train-elizabeth-line-delay-135139414.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMVmcYcnm4Ppa_KaIW614Nau0-KvhE5VVdXyWcxsTdX60OrSOmwLEHc70oUjq9h3WFrZCEjdikWMtRNWfVpvfj_FST6K7mUCblhjIwBfEKbU1SRM-QIbmNbmdWrPzu8jF_scH-dAsi3tOFCMUiLw8vWPIlNE_ikrpm74KKcE1yh7

the peeing even made it into the Guardian:

https://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/23976984.elizabeth-line-trapped-passengers-urinate-train/

on this Reddit thread it mentions people queuing up to use the loo, “and by loo I mean being let out of the cab to pee on the tracks”

it mentions that 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

Elizabeth line had trains stranded for hours on Thursday due to overhead power line damage.   According to reports, the driver was letting people off the train to pee on the tracks, but some people peed on the train floor.   Rachel Riley and James Blunt were among the stranded passengers.  Would love to have seen if Rachel had to improvise.

The responses to this online was certainly something. Of course a lot of "how could people not hold it a couple hours??" or "why are there no toilets on there??"
I don't think people realise these trains need as much capacity as possible, and every inch of space matters when you're potentially carrying over 1,000 passengers. If the driver only allows one person to go at a time, of course a packed train would encounter this issue.
It's also easy to condemn a situation like this without experiencing it first hand. I guess if it's any consolation, at least it wasn't on the similar Class 720 units, they have a carpeted floor instead lol
Also it's great that they've archived the picture of the puddle, I do wonder what had been discussed on the original thread.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
9 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Rachel Riley and James Blunt were among the stranded passengers.  Would love to have seen if Rachel had to improvise.

Rachel has previously mentioned that she pees in the shower and has done elsewhere 🙂 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, embruh said:

The responses to this online was certainly something. Of course a lot of "how could people not hold it a couple hours??" or "why are there no toilets on there??"
I don't think people realise these trains need as much capacity as possible, and every inch of space matters when you're potentially carrying over 1,000 passengers. If the driver only allows one person to go at a time, of course a packed train would encounter this issue.
It's also easy to condemn a situation like this without experiencing it first hand. I guess if it's any consolation, at least it wasn't on the similar Class 720 units, they have a carpeted floor instead lol
Also it's great that they've archived the picture of the puddle, I do wonder what had been discussed on the original thread.

Absolutely if you have a train full of passengers stuck for that long then people are going to pee.   They will either be forced to pee on the floor, probably in view of others unless people hide each other, or they end up wetting themselves, or in this case some people could get down to the tracks courtesy of the driver, but it was a multi coach train and people who weren't near the front were bound to end up peeing on the floor.  I guess some might have had containers that they could use, but certainly not everyone who needed to pee.

I agree with your comments about using every inch of space.   A lot of comments were raised about not having toilets on these trains when they travel quite a distance when the line was being introduced, but the argument was that most people would travel to and from London and very few would travel the full length, so the time on the train would be relatively low and people could plan not to need toilets.  It saved a lot of money in the building of the trains and allowed extra space for passengers on what could be a busy route with packed trains.   Of course all that doesn't count when the train is stranded.     At that point nature takes over and people are going to need to pee one way or another.   Much as I wouldn't want to have been stuck on the train for hours, I would have been quite happy to join those peeing and I would have loved to have seen some ladies struggle with desperation and then give in and pee on the floor.   

I wonder if any also tried to be discrete by wetting themselves onto the seats?   For ladies wearing skirts or dresses, this could be a very feasible possibility to preserve their dignity at the expense of the seat taking a soaking for them.  Even some people wearing trousers might have chosen to wet themselves rather than expose themselves.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Yes, I've seen that.   She mentioned the peeing in the shower on a lie detector show I believe.  

Yes - Jon and Lucy's Odd Couples 🙂 

Edited by Kupar
  • Like 1
On 12/11/2023 at 10:08 PM, Alfresco said:

Absolutely if you have a train full of passengers stuck for that long then people are going to pee.   They will either be forced to pee on the floor, probably in view of others unless people hide each other, or they end up wetting themselves, or in this case some people could get down to the tracks courtesy of the driver, but it was a multi coach train and people who weren't near the front were bound to end up peeing on the floor.  I guess some might have had containers that they could use, but certainly not everyone who needed to pee.

I agree with your comments about using every inch of space.   A lot of comments were raised about not having toilets on these trains when they travel quite a distance when the line was being introduced, but the argument was that most people would travel to and from London and very few would travel the full length, so the time on the train would be relatively low and people could plan not to need toilets.  It saved a lot of money in the building of the trains and allowed extra space for passengers on what could be a busy route with packed trains.   Of course all that doesn't count when the train is stranded.     At that point nature takes over and people are going to need to pee one way or another.   Much as I wouldn't want to have been stuck on the train for hours, I would have been quite happy to join those peeing and I would have loved to have seen some ladies struggle with desperation and then give in and pee on the floor.   

I wonder if any also tried to be discrete by wetting themselves onto the seats?   For ladies wearing skirts or dresses, this could be a very feasible possibility to preserve their dignity at the expense of the seat taking a soaking for them.  Even some people wearing trousers might have chosen to wet themselves rather than expose themselves.

I personally think every train and station needs a toilet but I know they are expensive to put in and get vandalised, etc. But pregnant ladies and old people and kids need them. I think it would have been miserable to be stuck on the train that long but it would have been interesting to see the creative ways people were peeing. Most people want to do the right thing so if one person starts a pee corner, it does not feel as naughty and others will follow. People generally follow what the crowd is doing, once a person sets an example. Guys are used to pissing on walls so they would have been fine. Ladies would have been more nervous but with desperation, inhibitions are released. If it was dark inside, maybe they were just peeing on the seats. The whole train would have needed a clean, so why not make the most of it? I think I would have tried to find a private corner to pee into a drink bottle myself. I am a little shy. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
13 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Seems somewhat harsh to arrest a 10 year old for peeing in a car park!

I will never understand what people expect others to do when someone has to really pee. Holding it in, specially for a child, is next to impossible.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
17 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Seems somewhat harsh to arrest a 10 year old for peeing in a car park!

Indeed. And all the resources that are on this case, court, officer, lawyer...like there aren't any other, real issues out there. I don't get arrests for public peeing anyways, seems to me like a relict from older more prudish times where every form of nudeness was (or in some cases still is) also automatically seen as something sexual. 

A little fine for public peeing ok, if authorities want to do something about it, but even that would lack sensitivity in this particular case. But an arrest, hell no.

Edited by Remi

Here's a positive - I guess...

Woman was fired for peeing in bowls at the bakery - and wins compensation against her ex-employer for covertly filming her.   Not quite a win-win, in that she's lost her job - but at least some funds to keep her hydrated.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/27/barcelona-woman-wins-20000-from-bakery-despite-urinating-in-bowls-19728683/ 

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 11:35 PM, Alfresco said:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trapped-passengers-urinate-train-elizabeth-line-delay-135139414.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMVmcYcnm4Ppa_KaIW614Nau0-KvhE5VVdXyWcxsTdX60OrSOmwLEHc70oUjq9h3WFrZCEjdikWMtRNWfVpvfj_FST6K7mUCblhjIwBfEKbU1SRM-QIbmNbmdWrPzu8jF_scH-dAsi3tOFCMUiLw8vWPIlNE_ikrpm74KKcE1yh7

the peeing even made it into the Guardian:

https://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/23976984.elizabeth-line-trapped-passengers-urinate-train/

on this Reddit thread it mentions people queuing up to use the loo, “and by loo I mean being let out of the cab to pee on the tracks”

it mentions that 

according to the video, you can see that there were a lot of people, but not so many that it was impossible to walk. Ane the train was dark, only mobile phones were a source of light. I would jump at the chance to find a dark corner, ideally with some unocuppied seats to piss all over it. If I heared some talk about pee, I would encourage people to do so.  😄

• Like 1
On 2/2/2024 at 9:14 PM, scaleo75 said:

I also saw the video but didn't know she had wet herself whilst hanging upside down.  What amazed me was that the feature got on national TV news!!   There are hundreds of clips of people doing daft things that go viral, but what made that one so newsworthy?  The real irony is that the reason she went viral was because her tits were on show and yet on the TV they had to blur them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2024 at 12:00 AM, MC Cumzy said:

400 years old house means 400 years of people peeing on it 😄 So it proves pee does no harm to the walls. She cant change habits of people so easily.

• Like 1