The PeeFans Sports Club

Just now, LovesToWet said:

Did my 10k race yesterday, very happy with how it went. I managed to take over 3 & half minutes off my PB with a finish time of 51:55. Aiming to get under 50 at some point

Fabulous! Great work 😊

• Thanks 1

My half marathon has been rescheduled to the end of September, the same date as a triathlon I was planning on entering so I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I could keep training for the half but I'm not sure if I have the motivation to do it for another 16 weeks. 

• Hug 3
24 minutes ago, Sophie said:

My half marathon has been rescheduled to the end of September, the same date as a triathlon I was planning on entering so I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I could keep training for the half but I'm not sure if I have the motivation to do it for another 16 weeks. 

Take a break. I reckon you can get back to half marathon fitness without having to train for 16 more weeks 🙂. Ride your bike to keep the cardio fitness and have fun xxxx

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So I’ve recently started running again (after spending the winter period subjecting my trainers to some serious neglect 😅), and loving it!

I did my local Parkrun (5km) this morning and completed it in 26:30, which I’ll definitely take for now as I look to get my pace back on track. 

• Like 2
Just now, James_erased said:

So I’ve recently started running again (after spending the winter period subjecting my trainers to some serious neglect 😅), and loving it!

I did my local Parkrun (5km) this morning and completed it in 26:30, which I’ll definitely take for now as I look to get my pace back on track. 

Nice one 🙂 Welcome back to running!

On 6/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, Kupar said:

Take a break. I reckon you can get back to half marathon fitness without having to train for 16 more weeks 🙂. Ride your bike to keep the cardio fitness and have fun xxxx

I've decided to take your advice and get on the bike. I'll think about running again during the summer break but for now I'm going to enjoy two wheels. (and I prefer it to running) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sophie said:

I've decided to take your advice and get on the bike. I'll think about running again during the summer break but for now I'm going to enjoy two wheels. (and I prefer it to running) 

I’m looking forward to pushing myself a little on my bike - suspect it might not be this summer though. 

• Hug 2

Following on from Parkrun at the weekend, I ran 10km on Monday evening, 8km + a spin class Wednesday evening, and a further 8km this evening.. feeling great and full of energy!

Now, where do I get my PeeFans Sports Club running T-shirt?! 🏃🏻‍♂️😅

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, James_erased said:

Following on from Parkrun at the weekend, I ran 10km on Monday evening, 8km + a spin class Wednesday evening, and a further 8km this evening.. feeling great and full of energy!

Now, where do I get my PeeFans Sports Club running T-shirt?! 🏃🏻‍♂️😅

Maybe it should say something ambiguous like “I 💛 watersports” or “Biathletes do it both ways”

• Haha 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Signed up for my next 10k today. Not until early September so hopefully will be rid of my current ailments and back to running by then. With a slower runner so should be not too strenuous. 

Awesome! Go kick ass 

• Like 1

How about this for my contribution to a marathon?

I'll run to wherever the car is parked, then drive the entire course with my window down shouting encouragement to the runners.

Seriously though, running a marathon is serious exercise. I've broken out into a cold sweat just thinking about it.

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

6 mile run this morning, my 1st for a few weeks. I've now got 12 weeks to get some 6 to a half. I worked it out that if I do an extra half mile each week I will be at 12 miles just before the event. That should be fine shouldn't it? @kupar @Sophie

when is your half @James_erased?

Nice! How was it? Yeah, that sounds like a good plan to gradually increase mileage in prep for the half. 

Mine is on 10th Sept, so a similar time-frame away from the sounds of it!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, James_erased said:

Nice! How was it? Yeah, that sounds like a good plan to gradually increase mileage in prep for the half. 

Mine is on 10th Sept, so a similar time-frame away from the sounds of it!

I felt good. I kept the pace slow at first and managed to ramp up the pace for the last 2 miles. Just gotta keep up the efforts now.

How's your training going?

• Like 2