The PeeFans Sports Club

12 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Its been a fun 22yrs

Wow! I reckon you've had your money's worth from them and ...

12 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Well, I may give then 1 last 'fun' ride before I throw them out lol

yes - they definitely need a good, wet send-off!

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, LovesToWet said:

Just got back from a little ride. My wife has challenged me to hit 500miles this month. She knows I like a challenge and this is a good 1 for me. 6 days in and 97 miles complete already. 

An excellent start! Nice one .. and good luck for the rest of the month!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone that's interested in my 500 mile challenge here's an update. 

As of my commute home last night which marked the halfway point of the month, I am ahead of schedule. I had covered 283 miles so I'm well ahead. Hope the weather doesn't get too bad so I can keep riding and hit my target

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LovesToWet said:

For anyone that's interested in my 500 mile challenge here's an update. 

As of my commute home last night which marked the halfway point of the month, I am ahead of schedule. I had covered 283 miles so I'm well ahead. Hope the weather doesn't get too bad so I can keep riding and hit my target

A great achievement already! thanks for the update, and good luck for the next fortnight.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My 500 mile challenge really has turned into a challenge. At 1 point it looked like I would smash it and potentially hit 600 miles, but this past week has been hard. The weather has bad, my wife ended up in hospital so I had to take time off work then man flu struck. I'm up to 460 miles so I'm close but really need this flu and rain to bugger off so I can finish my challenge. 

Edited by LovesToWet
  • Hug 2
4 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

My 500 mile challenge really has turned into a challenge. At 1 point it looked like I would smash it and potentially hit 600 miles, but this past week has been hard. The weather has bad, my wife ended up in hospital so I had to take time off work then man flu struck. I'm up to 460 miles so I'm close but really need this flu and rain to bugger off so I can finish my challenge. 

Arghh. Feel for you as am often scuppered due to poorly health. 

1 hour ago, Sophie said:

After a bit of a stressful week I went for a bike ride after work and overdid it a little... 

I drove straight home after work, out of my uniform and into some grey joggers and a hoody. I went out on my hybrid so I didn't have any technology to distract me, no stress or pressure, I could just ride. There's a big hill near my house and for some reason I decided to tackle it in a higher gear than usual, and without really warming up, I had ridden maybe two miles. That was a big mistake. 

If anyone saw an out of breath blonde woman throwing up in a bush in Lidl car park, I can only apologise! 

OMG @Sophie! Be careful ❤️

2 hours ago, Sophie said:

After a bit of a stressful week I went for a bike ride after work and overdid it a little... 

I drove straight home after work, out of my uniform and into some grey joggers and a hoody. I went out on my hybrid so I didn't have any technology to distract me, no stress or pressure, I could just ride. There's a big hill near my house and for some reason I decided to tackle it in a higher gear than usual, and without really warming up, I had ridden maybe two miles. That was a big mistake. 

If anyone saw an out of breath blonde woman throwing up in a bush in Lidl car park, I can only apologise! 

Hope you're OK now hun

5 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

That's all the elements conquered while communicating to work. I've rode through wind, rain, sun and now snow. Its been a fun year lol 

😲 Still hot molten lava and earthquakes to watch out for I guess 😉   Well done on cycling this morning - it was pretty cold here.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Dragged my arse out for a small run this morning, just 1.5 miles to see how I'd feel as I haven't been in the running mood lately. Felt loads better than I thought so I'm really glad I did it.

I might have burnt off half a mince pie while doing it too so that's a bonus lol

Edited by LovesToWet
Spelling lol
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Dragged my arse out for a small run this morning, just 1.5 miles to see how I'd feel as I haven't been in the running mood lately. Felt loads better than I thought so I'm really glad I did it.

I might have burnt off half a mince pie while doing it too so that's a bonus lol

Excellent! Well done!

• Thanks 1

Motivation is sometimes hard to find so getting out for a run, walk or ride can be difficult as the call of the sofa and a hot cuppa is too appealin, so how about some sort of challenge to get us moving? Such as, how many steps we can do, or miles we can walk or run or cycle we can do in a month. 

Anybody fancy joining me for something like this? 

• Like 1