The PeeFans Sports Club

That's a wonderful memory, and all the better for it being her idea - none of that wondering if you're projecting your sporty intentions, but something she wanted to do.  And I guess your paces were similar to make it perfect.

• Agree 1

Runner here and occasional cyclist. Well I say runner, I only started last year so I still consider myself a newbie. Working towards a 10k next month. Done 1 before but that was a few months ago and then got behind on my training so hopefully having an upcoming event will get my arse into gear lol

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

Runner here and occasional cyclist. Well I say runner, I only started last year so I still consider myself a newbie. Working towards a 10k next month. Done 1 before but that was a few months ago and then got behind on my training so hopefully having an upcoming event will get my arse into gear lol

Awesome! Go kick ass. 

In my experience it is much easier when you have a deadline. If you're exercising for fun it's too easy to say "Ehh, I'll go for a run tomorrow instead" and then tomorrow you're sat on the sofa eating a snickers instead of running. With a deadline you tell yourself that you only have so much time, you can't put it off. 

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Well I've been signed up for a 4 mile race next week so best get some last minute training in. I say race very loosely as I'm definitely not quick enough to race anybody lol.

Wish me luck

Good luck! And don't injure yourself in training 🙂 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Oh, any advice on running a hilly route. The race I'm doing on Wednesday is hilly and I've only run flat routes before

Not the right person to answer really. It's flat as a pancake round here. But just be prepared for the uphill parts to feel tough on your heart and lungs and the downhill parts to feel tough on your knees! Don't go off too quickly (which is an easy mistake to make). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
1 minute ago, P155Y said:

Recently I completed the couch to 5k program and have been doing regular 5k runs twice a week. I started at 35 minutes and have bought my time down to just over 32 minutes. Yesterday however, I got a new pb at 31 minutes and 59 seconds. It's not fast by any means but it's great to see my times getting better and the effort paying off.

Good work! It's great to see the times improving isn't it? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Not the right person to answer really. It's flat as a pancake round here. But just be prepared for the uphill parts to feel tough on your heart and lungs and the downhill parts to feel tough on your knees! Don't go off too quickly (which is an easy mistake to make). 

Thank. I know it'll be hard on my lungs and thighs up hill from biking but never thought about my knees going downhill. I may have to have a few ice packs on stand by

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, P155Y said:

Recently I completed the couch to 5k program and have been doing regular 5k runs twice a week. I started at 35 minutes and have bought my time down to just over 32 minutes. Yesterday however, I got a new pb at 31 minutes and 59 seconds. It's not fast by any means but it's great to see my times getting better and the effort paying off.

Like @Kupar said, it's great to see the rewards for your efforts. I remember being really pleased by being able to run 5k without walking and seeing the times tumble was great too. Now I'm happy just getting out. Keep up the good work

• Thanks 1
Just now, Kupar said:

Good work! It's great to see the times improving isn't it? 

Yes, it's great motivation. When I finished the c25k I was running for 30 minutes but not running for 5k. My first 5k time was 39 minutes so in a couple of months I've happy with my progress. My short term goal is sub 30 minutes and my long term goal is 25 minutes.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LovesToWet said:

Like @Kupar said, it's great to see the rewards for your efforts. I remember being really pleased by being able to run 5k without walking and seeing the times tumble was great too. Now I'm happy just getting out. Keep up the good work

I often think to myself I'm actually running 5k or 3.1 miles. I would never of thought that a few months ago. To see my times getting better is a bonus!

• Like 1

@P155Y I used to hate running, never saw the point to it until my youngest wanted help with her running so I joined her, now I'm hooked. Did my first 10k earlier this year in 55:33, got a 4mile race next week and my second 10k race in June. If 18yr old me saw me know he'd be laughing at me

24 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

@P155Y I used to hate running, never saw the point to it until my youngest wanted help with her running so I joined her, now I'm hooked. Did my first 10k earlier this year in 55:33, got a 4mile race next week and my second 10k race in June. If 18yr old me saw me know he'd be laughing at me

That's great! I never liked running either. I'm nearly 40 and walking up the stairs was making me breathless. I was out of shape and had to do something about it. I started walking more which soon developed into running and now I've done it more regulary I actually enjoy it. I have a 5k fun race in June and after that I'm going to turn one of my weekly runs into a 10k run by adding to my 5k a bit at a time. 

Good luck on your race and you have a great pace on your 10k run.

28 minutes ago, P155Y said:

Good luck on your race and you have a great pace on your 10k run.

Thank you. I'd love to do a 50min 10k but don't think it will till later in the year. Least it'll give me a goal, just like your 25min 5k and hitting the 10k mark

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sophie said:

Entered a half marathon at the end of June with my daughter, I'm quite excited! I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it so I decided to ask her and if she was going to do it, I would too. She's never run this distance before (21 km) but she has done 15 km before so it is not a huge leap . I think it is going to be fun training together! 

Wow! Fantastic! Good luck with the training - and have fun 🙂

• Thanks 1

the most recent 'sporty' thing I did was sailing - this is over 22 years ago, my father and I owned a 23 foot sailing boat in Sydney, we would race every sunday in the local club (Avalon Sailing Club, in Clareville, NSW Australia).  The final season, we won the 'Commodore's Trophy' for the fastest boat on handicap over the season.

rosa.jpg

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Maclir said:

the most recent 'sporty' thing I did was sailing - this is over 22 years ago, my father and I owned a 23 foot sailing boat in Sydney, we would race every sunday in the local club (Avalon Sailing Club, in Clareville, NSW Australia).  The final season, we won the 'Commodore's Trophy' for the fastest boat on handicap over the season.

rosa.jpg

Lovely photos! And impressive achievements 🙂

• Thanks 1