The PeeFans Sports Club

Just outside (damn!) 49 mins for the 10k race this morning. Reasonably happy with that, but I know I can go quite a lot faster. Next time, eh?

Edited by Kupar
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Kupar said:

Just outside (damn!) 49 mins for the 10k race his morning. Reasonably happy with that, but I know I can go quite a lot faster. Next time, eh?

That's not bad at all!! Well done! Xx

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Just outside (damn!) 49 mins for the 10k race this morning. Reasonably happy with that, but I know I can go quite a lot faster. Next time, eh?

I would be well happy with that. Looked at this race but too early in the season for a wimpy fair weather runner like yours truly. 

• Hug 1
1 hour ago, Kupar said:

Well done, I'd be very happy with that

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

I would be well happy with that. Looked at this race but too early in the season for a wimpy fair weather runner like yours truly. 

It is my favourite race Harry - a small field and a flat and easy course 🙂

• Like 2

Nice early start this morning for me, 35 mile lumpy route. I haven't had chance to get out a lot recently due to my wife's health so I felt really good to be back on my bike....and I had a little fun too. 

Running again in the morning for 1 last little run before my hilly race on Wednesday evening. It's good to be back exercising 😃

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Well after running and walking on Saturday, bike ride, walking and extra curricular activities on Sunday my thighs told me to bugger off this morning so I won't be going for my planned run lol.

I think I've done enough exercise this weekend

• Hug 2
6 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

Well after running and walking on Saturday, bike ride, walking and extra curricular activities on Sunday my thighs told me to bugger off this morning so I won't be going for my planned run lol.

I think I've done enough exercise this weekend

Yeah it's best not to push it. I'm sure you already know but rest days are just as important as the exercise. 

• Like 1

I'm going for a run with my daughter in a few minutes. Aiming for 10k if we feel up for it, if not it might be 5k. We'll see how are legs are feeling. Hopefully won't get lost! 

• Like 2
On 4/30/2022 at 7:22 AM, Maclir said:

More sailing photos...

crew1.jpg

crew3.jpg

keith.jpg

rosa1.jpg

I think I remember seeing a few of them on the docks in Taz. They looked a bit more disheveled then, like they'd gone through a gale in the Bass Straits. 😉 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Sophie said:

I'm going for a run with my daughter in a few minutes. Aiming for 10k if we feel up for it, if not it might be 5k. We'll see how are legs are feeling. Hopefully won't get lost! 

10k went well! We didn't time it unfortunately but we're happy with the pace. I'm quite looking forward to the half marathon now! 

Edited by Sophie
Typo
  • Like 3
25 minutes ago, Sophie said:

10k went well! We didn't time it unfortunately but we're happy with the pace. I'm quite looking forward to the half marathon now! 

Excellent!

10 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Rave night, nerves are playing up lol

Don't know why cos I'm just doing it for fun

Good luck my friend. Don't go off too fast, and settle into a rhythm with the breathing as soon as you can 🙂 

Just now, LovesToWet said:

I survived!!

4.46 miles on a hilly route. Time 38:15,  8:34 per mile. I'm happy with that

Excellent - well done! You know what to do now: stretch those quads, hamstrings and calves - you'll thank me in the morning!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LovesToWet said:

I fancy a challenge and that normally involves a long bike ride but quite fancy a running 1 instead.

How tough is it to go from 10k to a half marathon?

That depends on how experienced you are and how well you can run a 10k. A half marathon is over twice that distance so it's going to need some training. 

1 hour ago, Sophie said:

That depends on how experienced you are and how well you can run a 10k. A half marathon is over twice that distance so it's going to need some training. 

I started running last year, normally run between 3-4.5 miles once or twice a week as well as biking 1-2 times a week. I've done 1 10k so far and got another in 4 weeks. Ran the 1st 1 in 55:33 which left ok.

6 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

I fancy a challenge and that normally involves a long bike ride but quite fancy a running 1 instead.

How tough is it to go from 10k to a half marathon?

It's a stretch. I agree with Sophie that it needs a few weeks if training to get the stamina up. You can't really rush it either because it's best not to push the distance up too quickly.