The PeeFans Sports Club

14 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

6 mile run this morning, my 1st for a few weeks. I've now got 12 weeks to get some 6 to a half. I worked it out that if I do an extra half mile each week I will be at 12 miles just before the event. That should be fine shouldn't it? @kupar @Sophie

when is your half @James_erased?

Nice! How was it? Yeah, that sounds like a good plan to gradually increase mileage in prep for the half. 

Mine is on 10th Sept, so a similar time-frame away from the sounds of it!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, James_erased said:

Nice! How was it? Yeah, that sounds like a good plan to gradually increase mileage in prep for the half. 

Mine is on 10th Sept, so a similar time-frame away from the sounds of it!

I felt good. I kept the pace slow at first and managed to ramp up the pace for the last 2 miles. Just gotta keep up the efforts now.

How's your training going?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

6 mile run this morning, my 1st for a few weeks. I've now got 12 weeks to get some 6 to a half. I worked it out that if I do an extra half mile each week I will be at 12 miles just before the event. That should be fine shouldn't it? @kupar @Sophie

Yeah that sounds good, just increase it a little each time. You might find yourself taking larger jumps as you get on. The most important thing is to not push yourself too hard, if you feel you can't do the extra half mile or whatever that week there is no shame in stopping early. Likewise if you are feeling really fit that week and think you could go a little further? Go for it! 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/25/2022 at 8:13 AM, LovesToWet said:

I reckon so. Fingers crossed for injury free training

Edited by Kupar
Typo
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've started playing rugby league this summer to make a change from Union. Preseason for union started yesterday but I'm taking a break from it to make the most of my progress in the gym, hit 200kg for 12 reps on axle deadlifts and 100kg for 10 on incline bench yesterday

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Hightower said:

Not been to the gym much for a couple of weeks due to holidays and had a bit of plantar fasciitis after rugby at the weekend so hit the ground running to get back into it

140kg per hand farmers carry for 15m

20220721_195143.jpg

Not a weights person myself but that sounds impressive 🙂. Nice one! And I hope your plantar fasciitis is healed. That's a horrible thing that can take ages 🙁

Edited by Kupar

I restarted my running this morning - the first time since 4 June! It was warm, so it was just a gentle run / walk / run set of intervals (1mi / 0.1) with running at a leisurely 8:30 / mile. But I am really glad I got out as I have a half marathon in early September so I really need to get back to regular training. I am sure my quads will feel it in the morning. 

(I did have a sneaky mid-run wee through my shorts as well, which was fun ... https://peefans.com/topic/18439-kupars-peeing-exploits/?do=findComment&comment=328775) 

• Like 2
On 8/6/2022 at 8:37 AM, LovesToWet said:

Training has gone south this week which is annoying, only 6 weeks to go to my half marathon and I'm not into double figures yet 🙁

I know it is hard but try to keep motivated! You can do it! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well done @Kupar for getting out and I like your way of distracting yourself, it's good to know we all came to mind to help you. And I know how you feel, I try not to get hard while I'm out too, but its difficult not not when your mind keeps wondering on how nice it would be to have a little accident or you think of some lovely sexy photos on here of some very sexy people (too many to mention) 

It's not always about the time and PBs, just getting out in the first place is good. I'm just hope I'll be ready for my half.

Thank you for your support @Sophie, I'm sure I'll be OK on the day

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kupar said:

First 10k training run in a long time this morning, before the temperatures become difficult. It is a very pleasant 16C with cloud cover right now ... forecast to be 31C and sunny this afternoon.

Like a lot of us regulars on here I have been struggling with training this summer for one reason or another. But I was pleased with a time of 51:55. But only three and a half weeks to go to the half 😟

Thanks to @Sophie, @harry_jones_1975, @LovesToWet, @James_erased, @gldenwetgoose, @amack and all the other PF Sports Club regulars and runners for keeping me company in my head this morning - especially on the last mile up what is laughingly described as a 'hill'.

And thanks to @Eliminature - I kept picturing her latest post as I ran, and that was a welcome distraction from worrying about poor form and disintegrating rhythm. But it's just as well running directs blood to running muscles because I was only wearing a pair of short running tights and a boner would have been very obvious indeed 😉  

That’s a very respectable 10k time, especially if you’ve not been able to get all that much training in of late! Good work. 

I recently managed to get my parkrun (5k) PB time down to 23:40, so am hoping to continue getting that down throughout the year. I was also recently successful in my ballot application for the London Landmarks half marathon in April, so I’m looking forward to that!

Ps. My gratitude for drawing my attention to @Eliminature’s latest post - I think it’s safe to say that very much brightened a working from home Wednesday morning! 😉

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, James_erased said:

recently managed to get my parkrun (5k) PB time down to 23:40, so am hoping to continue getting that down throughout the year.

Excellent!

And thanks. My 10K PB is around 44min - but that was 2 or 3 years ago when I was in much better shape than I am now. I fear I'll never get that fast again. Good luck getting prepped for the London Landmarks half!

• Like 1

I can't match the impressive feats here but reading has inspired me to start getting into a bit better shape. Since I finished work I became even more sedentary than before, so many things to watch snd games to play 😁🤦🏻‍♂️

So for the last few months I've been at the gym twice a week working on getting some strength back and doing a fast (ish) 4.5 mile walk two or three times a week. My knees won't take running and I don't own a bike (yet)

• Love 1