The PeeFans Sports Club

2 hours ago, willinglywet said:

we have to enjoy these little things now and then specially when the world is like it is now. Never have too much of a sun in our minds and hearts.

You're right there my friend. I'm glad you are able to get out and walk - it is great therapy - both physical and mental 🙂 

• Agree 1
33 minutes ago, WarmWetting said:

So its been an extremely mild winter this year and I decided to redo an old climb I did to get night time picture from the top to go with the daytime picture and I'm glad I did it when I did as the next day it snowed...

However now I may have to take a few months break from doing my usual climbing/parkour activities although surprisingly not due to the weather. I fell off a building on Monday of this week... I'm still in and out of hospital  for tests and so on, but here's what i know so far: the doctors confirmed with an ultrasound on my chest that nether of my lungs are collapsed so that's good, my left radial head in my elbow is fractured according to the x-ray which is not good but not too bad, the ct scan apparently showed what the doctors called "critical damage to the ligaments pulling the bones apart" which doesn't sound great so I have a consultation with a specialized elbow surgeon tomorrow morning about possible surgery to deal with that but overall I'm alive and likely going to recover well... and most importantly I am not going to let this small incident scare me away from doing what I love so I intend to get right back to climbing buildings and doing rooftop parkour as soon as I am able to without reinjuring my elbow... in the meantime I will have to find other ways to keep in shape any ideas are welcome....
I look angry in the picture because of an unrelated incident with an a**hole bus driver

All sounds extremely painful...  Get well soon (and hope you get away without needing the surgery).

1 hour ago, WarmWetting said:

So its been an extremely mild winter this year and I decided to redo an old climb I did to get night time picture from the top to go with the daytime picture and I'm glad I did it when I did as the next day it snowed...
IMG_20211226_213208_541.jpg
this next picture is from the end of my walk to and from my bosses place when I was feeding his fish for him while he was on vacation
IMG_20211223_160451960_HDR.jpg
However now I may have to take a few months break from doing my usual climbing/parkour activities although surprisingly not due to the weather. I fell off a building on Monday of this week... I'm still in and out of hospital  for tests and so on, but here's what i know so far: the doctors confirmed with an ultrasound on my chest that nether of my lungs are collapsed so that's good, my left radial head in my elbow is fractured according to the x-ray which is not good but not too bad, the ct scan apparently showed what the doctors called "critical damage to the ligaments pulling the bones apart" which doesn't sound great so I have a consultation with a specialized elbow surgeon tomorrow morning about possible surgery to deal with that but overall I'm alive and likely going to recover well... and most importantly I am not going to let this small incident scare me away from doing what I love so I intend to get right back to climbing buildings and doing rooftop parkour as soon as I am able to without reinjuring my elbow... in the meantime I will have to find other ways to keep in shape any ideas are welcome....
I look angry in the picture because of an unrelated incident with an a**hole bus driver
IMG_20220104_011417_326.jpg
I don't know if I am allowed to post this picture of my arm in the hospital waiting room as it may be a bit of a gross out factor for some people so if its a problem just let me know and I will be more than happy to edit this post to remove it...
IMG_20220104_011417_345.jpg

Ouch - take care! Maybe you could strap up the damaged arm and only do what you're able to do with your other limbs free? It would be a significant challenge, but would keep your elbow from further damage perhaps. I don't know how you parkour people do what you do - it's *far* too strenuous for me!

Guest ShyPeeMan

Have you got any goals this year?

I've already got my 1st goal. Did my 1st 10k ever on New Year's Day.

2nd is cycling coast to coast so best get training

3rd, run a half marathon so again I best get ttaining

2 hours ago, ShyPeeMan said:

Have you got any goals this year?

I've already got my 1st goal. Did my 1st 10k ever on New Year's Day.

2nd is cycling coast to coast so best get training

3rd, run a half marathon so again I best get ttaining

Wow! Well done on the 10k 🙂 and the stretch goals. I want to run a half marathon in under 1:45 this year. Like you, I need to get out there and train!

Let us know how you're getting on 🙂

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

I am hopeless with exercise - so my goal is just to get out and do some cycling and kayaking when I can.

Sounds excellent. I sort of fancy trying stand-up paddleboarding, but I don't know whether I'll do it this year. 

3 hours ago, Kupar said:

Sounds excellent. I sort of fancy trying stand-up paddleboarding, but I don't know whether I'll do it this year. 

I have tried SUP a couple of times.   My sister is a fan of it.   It is a relaxing way of pottering around, but you would have to fairly go for it to consider it a workout.  Having said that, your legs do get a bit of use in keeping the balance.   Personally I'm not that keen on being stood up and I prefer the kayak option.   I'm not saying I wouldn't do it if the chance was there, but I'm not about to go and buy my own board.

What my sister likes is the fact that you can be in different positions - you can kneel, stand, sit or even lie on the board - so she sometimes paddles out to the middle of the lake and then just lies on the board looking up at the sky. When paddling in different positions it does stop you getting cramp or feeling like you are only doing one thing though.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Kupar said:

10 mile run this morning. I will ache tomorrow. But I am pleased: 7 weeks until the half-marathon and training is back on schedule. Just got to stay clear of injuries 🙂 

Well done!   Sounds like you are way fitter that I am.  I'd definitely struggle with a run anything like that long.

• Thanks 1

Lovely day today so I went for a cycle ride at lunch time.  I rode to a nearby large pond or small lake and sat on a bench enjoying the sun and listening to the birds.  I did have the pleasure of following a lady cyclist aged about 30 for a while as I pulled out of a side road behind her and kept pace with her until our routes separated.  She provided a pleasant view of her rear for a while.

After the road but, I cut across a field and through some heathland to the pond.  I drank plenty water before I set off which meant air was able to write a message in the frost covered grass.

C0AF5293-68E0-4540-858A-5F0DF992AEE4.thumb.jpeg.8fd5db6d6d077fb772620b0f8d579e56.jpeg

having returned home, I do feel like it was a worthwhile way to spend my lunch hour.  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

Lovely day today so I went for a cycle ride at lunch time.  I rode to a nearby large pond or small lake and sat on a bench enjoying the sun and listening to the birds.  I did have the pleasure of following a lady cyclist aged about 30 for a while as I pulled out of a side road behind her and kept pace with her until our routes separated.  She provided a pleasant view of her rear for a while.

After the road but, I cut across a field and through some heathland to the pond.  I drank plenty water before I set off which meant air was able to write a message in the frost covered grass.

C0AF5293-68E0-4540-858A-5F0DF992AEE4.thumb.jpeg.8fd5db6d6d077fb772620b0f8d579e56.jpeg

having returned home, I do feel like it was a worthwhile way to spend my lunch hour.  

Sounds like a very good lunchtime all round 🙂

• Like 1
Guest ShyPeeMan

5k this morning, my 1st run in 3 weeks and was pleasantly surprised at my pace. Had to be careful as well cos it's icy under foot.

Just curious, anyone use Strava, if so and you fancy a follow PM me