The PeeFans Sports Club

1 minute ago, LovesToWet said:

Struggling to get motivated at the moment, I havent been for a run since my half marathon and I've only done less than half the miles I normally do on my bike. Maybe it's the change in the weather or something. 

Anyone else having the same issues? 

Yep. Same here. I have managed to get out twice in the last week, but that was after a few weeks of being lazy. I think it's the season. Hope you get your exercise mojo back! Do you have a race you can sign up for this autumn? A 10k maybe?

1 minute ago, Kupar said:

Yep. Same here. I have managed to get out twice in the last week, but that was after a few weeks of being lazy. I think it's the season. Hope you get your exercise mojo back! Do you have a race you can sign up for this autumn? A 10k maybe?

No, nothing and nothing has peaked my interest either. I'm sure it'll come back to me soon enough 

• Hug 1
1 hour ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Day 16 of being poorly. Finally on antibiotics to shift it but might not get a last run in before it's too cold for me with my non existent circulation. 

Oh! I hope you feel better soon x

1 hour ago, LovesToWet said:

Well I pushed myself to get out on my bike this morning and I'm glad I did. I was out while it was still dark and saw a lovely sunrise to brighten my mood

IMG_20221009_072650.jpg

Beautiful!

1 minute ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Not the run I wanted. Legging it home from a film shoot that went way overtime thus dying for a pee lol

Well. First - I hope you enjoyed the relief! And second, sounds like an interesting Sunday. Are you ... are you ... Tom Hiddlestone?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

In happier times I have been discussing with someone who inspires me my plans for my first ever half at the end of Summer 2023. 

Wow! Go for it! If you want the deranged ramblings of someone who relatively recently made that step up from 10k to half, you only have to ask 🙂 But if you have an inspirational person, that's pretty much all you'll need 🙂 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Kupar said:

Wow! Go for it! If you want the deranged ramblings of someone who relatively recently made that step up from 10k to half, you only have to ask 🙂 But if you have an inspirational person, that's pretty much all you'll need 🙂 

Cheers chap. I shall tap into your knowledge when I get going again next spring. Much appreciated. 

• Like 1
On 10/10/2022 at 11:24 AM, Kupar said:

That's what I've done this year. 5k to 10k to half. Might try a full next year. I think if I had something to aim for it'll get me motivated again. 

I have walking plans to aim for, just not a running 1 yet

• 2 weeks later...

Do you stop over winter or do you still get out? 

Personally I still go out riding regardless of the weather, I just dress for the conditions but do less miles on my bike. 

I've only run in 1 winter so far and just took it steady, but I was new to running then so I wasn't running far to start with. I just did t run if it was icy

3 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Do you stop over winter or do you still get out? 

Personally I still go out riding regardless of the weather, I just dress for the conditions but do less miles on my bike. 

I've only run in 1 winter so far and just took it steady, but I was new to running then so I wasn't running far to start with. I just did t run if it was icy

I do still run, but not as much, and I am careful - if the roads / paths are icy, it's really easy to lose your footing when running, so that limits when I choose to run. This winter I will try and do more indoor strength work, but try to get out a little. I'm not training for anything in particular, so motivation is lower.

36 minutes ago, Kupar said:

I do still run, but not as much, and I am careful - if the roads / paths are icy, it's really easy to lose your footing when running, so that limits when I choose to run. This winter I will try and do more indoor strength work, but try to get out a little. I'm not training for anything in particular, so motivation is lower.

I haven't got anything planned as yet either so keeping motivated is harder. 

There's a few things I want to do but fitting them around family is hard so I will wait to see what fits in where.

Oh, I'm walking up Snowden in May, but that's it

4 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

I'm walking up Snowden in May

That'll be lovely! have you done it before? And do you know which path(s) you'll walk? (I've done it once, years ago - up the Pyg track, down the Miner's track. Didn't have the balls for Crib Goch!)

12 minutes ago, Kupar said:

That'll be lovely! have you done it before? And do you know which path(s) you'll walk? (I've done it once, years ago - up the Pyg track, down the Miner's track. Didn't have the balls for Crib Goch!)

I'm doing it with my daughter so we're going for the easy path up from Llanberis, it'll be the 1st time we have done it

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Its been a fun 22yrs

Wow! I reckon you've had your money's worth from them and ...

12 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Well, I may give then 1 last 'fun' ride before I throw them out lol

yes - they definitely need a good, wet send-off!

• Agree 1