Stream slow after holding for a long time?

I had a couple pints at a bar with workmates for happy hour and decided to walk home.  My bladder was fairly full when I left the bar trying not to "break the seal".  A broken down freight train across a street crossing partway home delayed my trip.  My bladder felt like a painful melon and finally needed relief, so I ducked into a alley and started to piss, but the stream was slower than normal at the beginning.  It wasn't until I'd pissed for a good 20 seconds did the stream reach full speed.  Then I continued on for another 30-40 seconds making an enormous puddle and pee river.

Does anyone else have a slow stream flow when starting after holding a really full bladder for a long time?

A lot of people say they "burst" or "gush" after holding, but when my hold is extreme it takes some to really get a strong flow going.

Maybe this a guy thing or do women have this too?

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Hot 2
23 minutes ago, DoctorDoctor said:

I had a couple pints at a bar with workmates for happy hour and decided to walk home.  My bladder was fairly full when I left the bar trying not to "break the seal".  A broken down freight train across a street crossing partway home delayed my trip.  My bladder felt like a painful melon and finally needed relief, so I ducked into a alley and started to piss, but the stream was slower than normal at the beginning.  It wasn't until I'd pissed for a good 20 seconds did the stream reach full speed.  Then I continued on for another 30-40 seconds making an enormous puddle and pee river.

Does anyone else have a slow stream flow when starting after holding a really full bladder for a long time?

A lot of people say they "burst" or "gush" after holding, but when my hold is extreme it takes some to really get a strong flow going.

Maybe this a guy thing or do women have this too?

I definitely have that. I think it's going to be this big rush but then it's like noope...and becomes super frustrating because I just want my bladder to be empty lol. I am a male approaching 50 though, not sure if that also has something to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Hot 1

I find that my flow is normal/really fast after holding. 

The only time it's been slower than usual is when I orgasm right before I pee. It gets to the point where I am forcing it out because I lose the need to pee entirely lol. 

Last week I was ill and severely dehydrated and also found that my flow was abnormally slow too. Guess it just depends on what's going on with my body. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

If I have been holding for ages, then evenif I feel that I am going to burst, I just end up dripping for a solid 5 minutes before I manage to let out a small stream that goes on forever at a very pathetic speed. It only becomes faster when I'm not feeling as full anymore.

My gf is the exact opposite, she starts gushing an incredible amount of pee, when she is desperate to go. Infact we joke about how the strength of her stream then is probably strong enough to cut glass haha

Edited by Mattew
  • Like 1
  • Hot 2

Happens to me too. Especially in the morning when I wake up and really need to piss. When I get up and head to the bathroom I'm always anticipating a huge firehose to start spray and pray but it starts slowly and bursts into full power only after a few seconds. I think it's just the muscles that need to relax completely after holding in for so long.

• Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • 4 months later...

Definetely happens to me when I'm very desperate..I have a video that I took about 12 years ago, when I was beyond desperate..I pissed really slowly for about 20 seconds, and then suddenly it opens into the most massive gush...I also can't empty fully in one go...so I finish including all the spurts etc..think I'm empty, leave it for about 30 seconds and can then measure about 200 more millilitres...that happen to anyone else??

• Like 1

It has happened to me too, but I think at least for me, it depends on how soft and pliable my penis happens to be at the time of release. When my penis's soft, my urine stream is really thick and fast flowing. It fans out while exiting the tip, but it's still mangeable. When I'm semi-erect, my pee slit enlarges by quite a bit (gets longer) but it also gets tight so my piss stream really fans out a lot. Can't force it without spraying every where. When erect - forget about pissing and wait til it softens..