Things that made you smile.

Sophie

I went to Thorpe Park Theme Park on Thursday with family.   I enjoy theme parks, but my family always say that I'm odd because whilst I do get the feelings of exhilaration, I don't scream, or get worried or scared at all and I'm generally pretty emotionless whilst riding even the bigger thrill rides.  They just don't do that for me.

However, I went on one ride which is called Tidal Wave, where you get absolutely soaked.  It is basically a carriage with several rows of seats that plummets down a ramp and hits the water, sending a huge wave up in the air, only for it to drop back down right on top of the riders.   I did indeed get absolutely soaked, but one of my relatives commented that it was the first time she had seen me truly smile all day.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/10/2023 at 1:41 PM, Bacardi said:

FB_IMG_1688992781357.thumb.jpg.ed46141dac1357999fd7219c58f9383b.jpg

I saw you Sophie! Transporting all the people you love.

You might be my favourite person in the world right now. OMG I love that!! I might get it printed and stick it on the wall of my classroom.

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just love this. If you are not familiar with the video game Team Fortress 2 the actual cosplay might not make much sense to you but what I really like is how much fun they are having and just the sheer skill of being able to do that.

The highlight for me is at 25 seconds where someone comes through the door, sees what they are doing and immediately runs over to join in. Only being limited by their outfit!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Kupar said:

I was reminded of Stingray yesterday by a question on Only Connect, and watching these opening titles again has put a huge smile on my face this morning 🙂 

Just for a minute there,  I was six years old again.   Thanks 😃👍

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Sophie said:

@Sophie So funny to watch that with your avatar doing her desperation dance in time with the music over in the left margin.  🤩

Back in 1980 my girlfriend used to play that Boney M album about three times a day - in the flat,  in the car, anywhere we went.   Happy memories.

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I just won £5!

My daughter bet £5 I couldn't fit a Mars Bar in my mouth sideways. I bet £5 I could.

I won!

(I also have a big gob)

Guess your daughter doesn't know they're making them smaller these days! Not to take anything away from your big gob. 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, MC Cumzy said:

A little bittersweet but I loved seeing the late Bernard Cribbins one last time on Doctor Who the other night

Wonderful to see him on camera, but as much so the warmth, joy and love in Tennant’s voice when mentioning his character a couple of times in the episode. So obviously genuine and heartfelt. 

• Agree 2

I smiled at Lucy Beaumont's warning to Timothée Chalamet 🙂 

The star of the new Willy Wonka film revealed his love for the [Hull accent] ... Chalamet said: "I like the Hull accent... Hull is sexy."

After people behind the camera starting laughing, the actor said: "Why is everyone cracking up?"

Responding to his remarks on BBC Radio 5Live, [Hull comedian and actress] Beaumont said: "I think he's on drugs. I've had this accent for 40 years and no-one has ever told me it's sexy."

The actress, who wrote the sitcom Hullraisers, added: "He looks like a very lovely young man and he should stay away from the region or he'll be savaged by middle-aged Hull women."

• Haha 1
  • Love 1