Things that made you smile.

Sophie

Without giving any real details - for obvious reasons - I’m just going through the process of becoming a volunteer for a national organisation in the uk. 

As part of that process I’ve been allocated an email address which as expected has a couple of digits after my name…

I have to say it made me smile a lot:

john.smith101@…

• Like 1

Ruth , every thing I do and see is all new to me , the food ,,people , here too , being at the ocean and on his big boat , I never knew these things existed. Wayne saved my life ,each time I look at him I smile and want to give him all I can , everything 

38 minutes ago, Sophie said:

My recycling bin went missing.

Two weeks later I have been reunited with my plastic friend, and he's been emptied!!

" Where've you 'bin?

Where've you wheely 'bin ? "

(Sorry)

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, arigalo said:

This effing penguin used to scare the life out of me as a kid! Everything about him was just the slimiest and creepiest. 😅

"It's you!" (I love this movie so much!)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, likesToLick said:

This one definitely raised a smile.  Looks like it's AI generated,  but what is Gandalf up to here?

Fifty shades of Gandalf the Grey? (I got nuthin’)

• Haha 1
On 2/13/2024 at 2:21 AM, gldenwetgoose said:

Around 15 years ago I started photographing professionally, in the sense of commercially and with an entirely professional outlook on the way I work (even though it has always been in parallel with a 'normal' mortgage paying job).

During that time I've built a relationship with a range of clients, such that now post lockdown I've consciously chosen to close down most of the work except for the ones I really enjoy working with and get the most satisfaction from.

An hour ago this afternoon I got an email from my biggest and best corporate client, hoping I still have an image and could provide a high resolution copy.   Now it is rather a special image in that it was THE single image that caught their eye and opened the door to all the work I've done for them over the years.  From their perspective it's one they use regularly because it illustrates their brand and relationship with two of their main suppliers perfectly.

Only issue was, the image they asked for was one I photographed back in August 2011.    Now, my online hard drives have every image I've photographed since 2014 and that's 137,247 individual pictures over the 10 years, and 3Tbytes of data.  But nothing earlier...

I'm smiling a lot now (and my heart rate has now dropped back to normal) after finding exactly the image on one of my off-line back up drives, right where it should be in the folders of 2010-2012 images.

The system worked!!!   Phew.

Well done, Goose! You are the ultimate, organised professional. (Calm and cool on the outside with goose feet paddling swiftly underneath!) 💚

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...