The PeeFans Sports Club

3 hours ago, Kupar said:

First 10k race of the season this morning. I achieved my three modest goals: to get round, to beat my age in minutes and to get under 55 minutes so I'm happy. Ten minutes slower than my PB but I'm never seeing those sorts of times again 🙁. Still, I'm happy 🙂 

That's awesome!! You should be really pleased with your results.

Well done!!

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Sophie said:

Just been for another bike ride. My watch must have got confused. I did all the same hills as last week, and more, and apparently I spent 69 minutes "warming up" and only 4 minutes actually exercising. My average heart rate was 92 compared to the 130 something from last week. I think it got confused when I spent 5 minutes walking around Lidl!!!

No bike computer on the hybrid so I'm not entirely sure of my stats. Actually a little miffed about that lol. 

That's a pity! But I guess you know in yourself what workout you had. And well done for getting out 🙂

Edited by Kupar
Typo
On 4/30/2023 at 8:33 PM, Kupar said:

First 10k race of the season this morning. I achieved my three modest goals: to get round, to beat my age in minutes and to get under 55 minutes so I'm happy. Ten minutes slower than my PB but I'm never seeing those sorts of times again 🙁. Still, I'm happy 🙂 

Awesome effort!! 👏 Glad you achieved your goals!! 🏅

• Thanks 1

Not very news or photo worthy, but as the sun is shining and it's looking a bit like spring I've just managed to grab a half hour bike ride over lunchtime.

Strava has it at 37 minutes and an 8.3 mile loop with some very gentle climbs...

I'm so unfit and it felt like hard work - last time I was that low down the gears was some serious hill climbing that's a distant memory.  These days it's all about keeping that heart rate down, and ideally just a fraction lower next time.

Still - better than sitting on the couch.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Not very news or photo worthy, but as the sun is shining and it's looking a bit like spring I've just managed to grab a half hour bike ride over lunchtime.

Strava has it at 37 minutes and an 8.3 mile loop with some very gentle climbs...

I'm so unfit and it felt like hard work - last time I was that low down the gears was some serious hill climbing that's a distant memory.  These days it's all about keeping that heart rate down, and ideally just a fraction lower next time.

Still - better than sitting on the couch.

Excellent! Lunchtime exercise ... you're putting us to shame. Well done for seizing the opportunity 🙂 

• Love 1

Despite over 3 Months since any activity on Strava due to bad weather being ill a number of times and recently being prescribed an inhaler I was looking in earnest at half marathons last night.  The perfect one I am away for so might have to brave one on a date a bit close to winter for my liking and it's a big one. Fingers crossed this won't be 40 quid down the drain if I get ill again.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
1 hour ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Despite over 3 Months since any activity on Strava due to bad weather being ill a number of times and recently being prescribed an inhaler I was looking in earnest at half marathons last night.  The perfect one I am away for so might have to brave one on a date a bit close to winter for my liking and it's a big one. Fingers crossed this won't be 40 quid down the drain if I get ill again.

Excellent! It's a big thing just to get to the point of thinking "hell - why not? I can do it!" Hope you stay fit and well Harry.

6 hours ago, Kupar said:

Excellent! It's a big thing just to get to the point of thinking "hell - why not? I can do it!" Hope you stay fit and well Harry.

Cheers chap. I had tried looking 2 nights previously but my heart just wasn't in it that night. I still think it's beyond me but just trying makes me feel so much better.

• Hug 1

I'm thinking about doing a half in September, I did it last year and it nearly killed me. I haven't run since February so I'm a bit nervous about doing it. I'm not as fit as I was last year and finding time to train can be hard but it's still tempting to try. I want to beat it and not have it beat me again lol 

Edited by LovesToWet
Spell check lol
  • Hug 2
39 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

I'm thinking about doing a half in September, I did it last year and it nearly killed me. I haven't run since February so I'm a bit nervous about doing it. I'm not as fit as I was last year and finding time to train can be hard but it's still tempting to try. I want to beat it a d not ha e it beat me again lol 

Go for it!

• Agree 1
25 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Go for it!

1st run done. Just a short 2 miles at a steady pace to see how it goes. Felt good and enjoyed it. Now for the hard part, asking my wife if I can enter it lol

Edited by LovesToWet
Bloody predictive text
  • Haha 2

Sunday funday! I could sit on the sofa and eat chocolate (not a bad option!) or.... I could spend two hours making memories with my daughter.

I wore glasses so I didn't get bugs in my eyes. I kept my mouth closed so I didn't get bugs in my mouth.... so of course, I got a fly up my nose!

_20230507_161226524.jpg

Edited by Sophie
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

Run yesterday and a nice 2hr bike ride today followed by a small walk with my daughter. My legs have now disowned me lol

@Sophie What a nice way to make memories, I have loads of those when I've gone biking with my other daughter... O, and bugs are just extra protein lol

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Run yesterday and a nice 2hr bike ride today followed by a small walk with my daughter. My legs have now disowned me lol

@Sophie What a nice way to make memories, I have loads of those when I've gone biking with my other daughter... O, and bugs are just extra protein lol

Sounds like a great day! I can feel my legs at the moment. They're not terrible but I know I've done some riding.

Haha yeah bugs are extra protein but I don't think they are supposed to be administered via nose!

Just missed a 160kg atlas stone at the weekend, the stone hadn't been cleaned in ages so it was covered in grime+old baked on tacky so the tacky on my hands just peeled that off once I got it about a foot off the ground, needed an extra 6 inches or so to be able to lap it

With a clean stone I think I'd have a crack at it, loaded a 140 to 56" on Thursday so 160 to 48 or so should be there

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Hightower said:

Just missed a 160kg atlas stone at the weekend, the stone hadn't been cleaned in ages so it was covered in grime+old baked on tacky so the tacky on my hands just peeled that off once I got it about a foot off the ground, needed an extra 6 inches or so to be able to lap it

With a clean stone I think I'd have a crack at it, loaded a 140 to 56" on Thursday so 160 to 48 or so should be there

Well. I am not a weights person, but I have just looked up what that involves (see video below) and given that 160kg is significantly over twice my weight ... bloody hell, man! I would want you on my side in a fight! Awesome.

5 hours ago, Kupar said:

Well. I am not a weights person, but I have just looked up what that involves (see video below) and given that 160kg is significantly over twice my weight ... bloody hell, man! I would want you on my side in a fight! Awesome.

Yeah, it's a big old lump of concrete, basically! Any sort of crap on the stone will make it much more of a pain in the arse because you can't get a grip on it

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a very encouraging chat with a running friend Friday evening and have signed up for my first half marathon.  Went out for my first 5k run in 3 and a half months this evening aiming for a 30 to 35 minute effort given I have been very poorly recently and just scraped in a sub 30 so well chuffed. Long, long way to go to regain my peak fitness but it is a start.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Had a very encouraging chat with a running friend Friday evening and have signed up for my first half marathon.  Went out for my first 5k run in 3 and a half months this evening aiming for a 30 to 35 minute effort given I have been very poorly recently and just scraped in a sub 30 so well chuffed. Long, long way to go to regain my peak fitness but it is a start.

Excellent! Go Harry!

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

I've been half lucky this week and was able to commute most of it but woke up today full of cold. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted

Oh no! I hope you get better quickly and can get outside again soon x

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/8/2023 at 10:17 AM, Hightower said:

I think we are missing a WOW reaction option here.   That's incredibly impressive.

I've had a few cycle rides recently - nothing overly impressive, but just nice to get out and burn a few calories and get the heart rate up for a time.

On Friday I went for a 3 mile paddle in my kayak on the canal.  That was good as I haven't been out in the kayak since I injured my shoulder back in October.   Oh and if anyone's interested, I stopped at the turning point, popped the spray deck off and peed up and over the cockpit rim to make a nice arc landing in the water.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2