The PeeFans Sports Club

One of the nice things about kayaking and paddle boarding is that it is a very quiet pursuit and it is quite common to get close to nature.

Recently I got very close to a Heron as can be seen in the photos.  It allowed me to sit and watch it before eventually flying off along the canal to another point. IMG_3303.thumb.jpeg.f1b9c59c9cb3a4a5fe103eb2872fa458.jpegIMG_3307.thumb.jpeg.fe3573665645355eb182b8c701778eb6.jpeg

IMG_3299.jpeg

• Love 2

I managed to get out on my Mtb again yesterday and rode for over an hour. Mainly on cycle paths, cycle lanes and gravel roads to try and keep away from traffic as much as possible. Really enjoyed myself and so pleased to be back riding. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Made the training squad for the representative rugby league team which isn't bad considering I've only been playing league for just over a year

No idea how it'll mesh with my upcoming strongman comp because league's such a fast paced sport, just have to eat more and keep doing my speed work in the gym

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

One month till my first half. My foot seems slightly less painful so need to give it a proper test tomorrow 

Good luck mate. Hope it all goes well. I'm so far away from being able to run a half right now. It's a big thing. All power to you.

• Thanks 1

Mixed feelings about this mornings run. I appeared to be flying along at 4k and felt I could run forever but just hadn't realised I had a tailwind.  Fast forward to 8k in a headwind, uphill with my left knee giving me serious pain and struggling home. Later the top of my inner left thigh was niggling. But I did manage 11.6k in 1 hour 9 minutes 12 seconds. First run since 25th July and have barely run all year so to get around at 6 minutes per k is good news. Most importantly my left foot arch issues which are the reason I haven't been running didn't flare up.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Mixed feelings about this mornings run. I appeared to be flying along at 4k and felt I could run forever but just hadn't realised I had a tailwind.  Fast forward to 8k in a headwind, uphill with my left knee giving me serious pain and struggling home. Later the top of my inner left thigh was niggling. But I did manage 11.6k in 1 hour 9 minutes 12 seconds. First run since 25th July and have barely run all year so to get around at 6 minutes per k is good news. Most importantly my left foot arch issues which are the reason I haven't been running didn't flare up.

I reckon you can do the half then ... 11.6k is almost there! Hope the rest day tomorrow is good. And good news about the foot arch 🙂  

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Good luck, I reckon you'll be fine. Think positive and don't push too hard

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

You reckon correctly Kupar. Took your advice LovesToWet and ambled round aiming for stamina rather than speed.  I now have a time to beat when I do it at the event.

20230923_132034.jpg

Fantastic work! Well done

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Reminded myself on Thursday evening just how much I cannot run in the dark to save my life. 8k in 51 minutes 40 seconds. Total rest now until the big day. 

You'll be fine, just don't over think it and enjoy it

• Thanks 1

Tomorrow is the big day.  The temperature forecast for the day has dropped dramatically plus strong North-Westerly winds which will be chilly plus the first half of the run is in that direction. Have invested in a winter running hat and gloves. I know I will warm up mid run but it's the waiting around for it to start which worries me. 

Still haven't worked out where to stodge up tonight yet.

4 minutes ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Tomorrow is the big day.  The temperature forecast for the day has dropped dramatically plus strong North-Westerly winds which will be chilly plus the first half of the run is in that direction. Have invested in a winter running hat and gloves. I know I will warm up mid run but it's the waiting around for it to start which worries me. 

Still haven't worked out where to stodge up tonight yet.

Good luck for tomorrow Harry. Yes, the waiting around can be a pain, and chilly, can't it? Do you have anyone with you so you can wear something warm until the last possible minute then throw it to that person? If not, maybe try to stay indoors as long as possible, and huddle together with the other runners for shared bodily warmth? Without getting decked, or arrested, of course?

You know you can do it, because you've run the distance before. You'll feel an amazing sense of achievement once you've finished it!

• Agree 1

Kupar. Going as Billy no mates lol so will have to huddle decently lol.

Against my better judgement am aiming for a sub 2. If I am going to post a 2 hours 6 minutes would rather flog myself and slow up to that pace rather than a consistent trundle and wonder what might have been. 

Am definitely looking forwards to peeing myself a few times en route. One benefit to wearing long black trousers lol.

• Love 1