The PeeFans Sports Club

On Saturday my sister (who I don't see very often) and me had a nice paddle in kayaks on the canal.   We paddled for about 90 minutes and thoroughly enjoyed the pleasant evening.  When we got back to the launch point, I needed a pee so I said to my sister "I'm busting for a pee" and she replied "That's a problem then".  I said "Not really, I'll just go and sit on that log for a minute".  

I walked over to a log at the side of the car park and sat on the log, pulled my dick out of the leg of my shorts and peed onto the ground with my spraydeck covering me.   

There were a couple of other people (one guy, one lady) nearby packing up their paddle board, but they weren't worried.   I'm pretty sure they would have guessed what I was doing and probably would have seen the pee falling below the spraydeck if they were looking.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Alfresco said:

On Saturday my sister (who I don't see very often) and me had a nice paddle in kayaks on the canal.   We paddled for about 90 minutes and thoroughly enjoyed the pleasant evening.  When we got back to the launch point, I needed a pee so I said to my sister "I'm busting for a pee" and she replied "That's a problem then".  I said "Not really, I'll just go and sit on that log for a minute".  

I walked over to a log at the side of the car park and sat on the log, pulled my dick out of the leg of my shorts and peed onto the ground with my spraydeck covering me.   

There were a couple of other people (one guy, one lady) nearby packing up their paddle board, but they weren't worried.   I'm pretty sure they would have guessed what I was doing and probably would have seen the pee falling below the spraydeck if they were looking.

Nicely done @Alfresco - I can imagine the sort of comments you may have got in return 'it's alright for you blokes....'   but of course this is your sister, so perhaps not a line of discussion you want to pursue.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Nicely done @Alfresco - I can imagine the sort of comments you may have got in return 'it's alright for you blokes....'   but of course this is your sister, so perhaps not a line of discussion you want to pursue.

She isn't averse to an outdoor pee if she needs to.   She goes wild camping in a camper van with no toilet and does a lot of outdoor activities including walking and kayaking.  Whilst she never seems to want to discuss in detail, she has said enough that I know that she pees outside when necessary, but would hold until a toilet if she could.  Depending on the location, when in the camper, she either pees outside or uses the bucket and chuck it method.   Last time I remember her actually going for a pee when I was with her was a few years ago when we were out for a longish walk and she went off behind a few trees.

Great news @Kupar.   It is so difficult to get back into exercising when you have had an enforced break, worse when that break is due to medical stipulations and when you are worried that the exercise might have a detrimental effect, you are definitely wise to take it slowly at first.   It must be very frustrating when you used to do a lot of exercise previously.   Look after yourself.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I did a lovely 30 mile bike ride after work today. Weather was relatively nice and it was just fun to get out on two wheels again for a couple of hours and unwind.

That's excellent ❤️ 

22 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Went for a 90 minute bike ride after work, nowhere in particular and no goals in particular. I was just casually riding around on my hybrid people watching lol. Climbed a few hills too.

_20230719_175556630.thumb.jpg.2158b6d5e291e430dc97e23ac45224ad.jpg

Great to see you enjoying being out on the bike @Sophie x

• Like 1

Another indoor session tonight. Taking it 1 session at a time to help build myself back up. Physio next week too so hopefully I'll get my fitness back soon. Gonna try and get outdoor for a little bit at the weekend too

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Today I finally managed to get out on my bike and turn the pedals. It may not seem much to some but to me it made my day. Only a short ride, it I did it 😊😊

That's great news! Well done x

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

My first half creeps nearer and nearer but left foot hurts so resting it and not running. So much for all my plans of practicing and setting a time I was proud of. 

Hope your foot gets better soon! And completing a half in any time would be a great achievement! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Cheers Kupar. It hurts less but my patience skills are poor so want to get back out running rather than resting further.

Understood! Try and do what you know is right x

• Thanks 1

Well this morning's run was rubbish. There comes a time - and this is it - when some fundamental re-evaluation is needed. Do I (a) rebuild a running regime that's realistic for a very nearly 60-year-old bloke, (b) give up, or (c) think about different ways to keep fit?

• Hug 1
2 hours ago, Kupar said:

Well this morning's run was rubbish. There comes a time - and this is it - when some fundamental re-evaluation is needed. Do I (a) rebuild a running regime that's realistic for a very nearly 60-year-old bloke, (b) give up, or (c) think about different ways to keep fit?

Rebuild a running regime would be the best thing and mix it up with cycling or swimming

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kupar said:

Well first things first, I know that you have been very committed to your fitness and have worked hard to get to a great position.  Absolutely no way you should give this up and just let yourself go.

As we get older, things get harder (well some things take longer to get harder, but that’s a different problem). It is a fact of life and we all have to listen to our bodies.  There comes a point where too much of one thing and chasing certain targets will cause disappointment as the targets get more difficult to achieve and it is easy to feel demoralised.  So that needs to be considered in the mix.

I would say that just because you have had a bad session or even multiple bad sessions in a row doesn’t mean you need to think that you can’t enjoy running.  Maybe set the running targets a bit less ambitious than before, but don’t give up.  As @LovesToWet said, maybe mix it up a bit with some lower impact activities cycling and swimming are good ones but also what about things like tennis, badminton, volleyball etc.   basically anything which keeps you active is good.  I enjoy kayaking, but appreciate that isn’t for everyone.   It does give a degree of workout to most of the body and throw in the odd sprint for cardio.  Overall it is less demanding and less high impact than running but it is enjoyable (for me at least) and it can be very sociable if you join a club.

Main thing is not to get demoralised and remember that any exercise is better than no exercise but work with your body’s limits.

Good luck!

• Agree 2

I mentioned kayaking in my above response to @Kupar, and have mentioned it a bit in the past.  As an extension to this, I have very recently succumbed to a purchase of a paddleboard.  

I tried paddle boarding once last year when I got on OK but wasn’t entirely convinced.  The. More recently I was helping out on a raft building event where they asked me to provide some safety cover from a paddleboard.  I quite enjoyed it but didn’t feel comfortable standing whilst also keeping my eyes on people and being ready to get to help people quickly, so I knelt down for the duration of the session.  From this, I decided that I still preferred kayaking, but there could be a place for paddle boarding in my life.

I looked at boards and decided I didn’t want to spend £500 for a reasonable but still entry level board and that I would stick with kayaking.  However, just a week after making that decision I spotted in Tesco that they were doing some boards at bargain prices.  I did a bit of research and found that whilst they were no means pro boards, they were pretty decent and had previously been sold at £450, but were now down to £150.   I couldn’t resist at that point and one found its way into the trolley.

I took it for its maiden voyage on the canal this week for about an hour and a half, of which I spent most of the time standing up and building confidence.   Unfortunately I got a little too confident and at one point I fell in!  I hadn’t planned on swimming in the canal, but that’s how it went.  I got back on and paddled some more and it certainly is something I want to try and do more of.

IMG_3403.thumb.jpeg.f5f603acb85ea24422c9133da611a0ba.jpegIMG_3400.thumb.jpeg.6805d369f121249ffb3928cd5aa8403e.jpeg
IMG_3398.thumb.jpeg.1f9520f49b5c465e91a09ee73a760ddb.jpeg

• Like 1