Gunpowder club

spywareonya

@UnabashedUser

I think there was a misunderstanding between us, when you started to ask me label things

I have IDEAS, and people must explore them one by one, NOT trough hashthags

It's by no means dictatorship when you got somebody that controls the actions of those who are in charge, it's the complete opposite!!!

If the one who wins has total power, THAT is dictatorship, when the power is divided, then there is mutual patrolling

The concept of free will must be took from outside existence: take the jungle for example, you can do what you want but clumsy actions lead you nowhere

Or like in this forum you can actually say ANYTHING you want but nast behaviours are sanctioned by the Staff

I am saying that world needs a Moderation Staff whose cautiousness and maturity is respected by everybody

@Cuckoo42

USA has many good things, the problem is that it's too philosophical and less human, people summon God and Right for whatever reason and then 95% are stupid as fuck just like in every other country

But beside the superficiality of the very humans which is no different from all the planet, USA has some very smart features I Always respected

The problem is never the laws, is the people that apply them

Without empathy we lose sight of the goal, which is a free and productive humanity

@speedy3471

Hope my above words clarify the misunderstanding

FOR EVERYBODY NOW:

This is not a thread about politic, so please let's get back in focus now

I have wrote many posts around the forum where my ideas were debated, maybe read them, or just mention me in a fitting thread where we can discuss

Edited by spywareonya
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

back-to-topic_547841.png

Ok, here we go:

I am not a gun nut, not as such, at least, but I think I am able to tell that this picture below is... ~probably~ photoshopped.

By someone with less understanding of firearms then me:

picdump634_156.jpg

Really reminds me on the old adds for Portal:

Ah yes... good ol' times. 🙂

• Thanks 1

What do they do?

What were the 5 best military rifles?Was the M-1 Garand in there?As Gen Patton called it,"the finest rifle ever made".or something like that.

I wouldnt have thought the M-16 was part of that.Its early versions had the stopping power of a hard boiled egg thrown at you,and was terribly finicky in its first battles in Vietnam.Many veterans saying it was like using a BB gun.

• Like 1

The vets who first handled the M-16 were used to handling the M-14 which like the M1 Garand had a walnut stock and was chambered in 7.62x51mm. No wonder why the 5.56x45mm chamberes M-16 with its plastic hand guards and stick felt like a BB gun lol

When the M-16 was first issued it was believed that it never needed cleaning hence the unreliability of it. Once the troops were issued cleaning kits they loved it. For the same weight you can carry alot more 5.56 ammo than 7.62

The magazine would jam if you loaded more than 25 rounds in the M-16. Problem was solved by issuing 20 round mags

• Like 2
Guest UnabashedUser

Early issues in the first years  of the M16 included extractors that were not properly hardened and then after 200 or so rounds,burred over and would not extract rendering the weapon completely useless until the stuck case was removed (cleaning rod thru the muzzle) and the extractor was replaced. It took an act of Congress to get the thing fixed.

Lots of guys were killed before action was taken.

3 hours ago, UnabashedUser said:

Early issues in the first years  of the M16 included extractors that were not properly hardened and then after 200 or so rounds,burred over and would not extract rendering the weapon completely useless until the stuck case was removed (cleaning rod thru the muzzle) and the extractor was replaced. It took an act of Congress to get the thing fixed.

Lots of guys were killed before action was taken.

It's sad so many were killed while carrying this weapon. Dupont could not manufacture enough of the correct powder so Olin Mathison Company manufactures a power which achiever the correct  muzzle velocity but it created alot of powder residue which caused the jams. Once the correct cleaning kits which included powder solvent the rifle gained popularity 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Eventually of course after many modifications and better instructions for cleaning the rifle,it did become more efficient and began to be accepted more readily.

However after a particular battle,in which there were many killed,officers commented that many troops were found dead with their rifles either looking like they were in the midst of attempting to clear,or with jams.

It is now regarded well as a military weapon.But it is an example of perhaps a weapon designed by beurocrat,rather than soldiers.

• Agree 1

@WantonLee

@UnabashedUser

@F.W

@speedy3471

M4 surpassed M16 in many things but is becoming a little obsolete (which does not necessarily mean "surpassed") that's why competitions were held and the Daniel Defense won the one from July of this very year

Usually only a civil-rifle crafter, the V-11 is its first military rifle

It struck me for its light weight and the fact that it an carry great capacity magazines, and it NEVER jammed during various tests, not everything is disclosed but it seems to be completely waterproof too, and changing magazines seems to be extremely quick

Also, the initial speed of bullets is very high and the range is much wider than previous assault rifles

It's rate or stopping power is not superior to M4 or M16, but it's much less heavy, and more reliable

Immagine correlata

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I guess the rifle more than anything illustrates the development of infantry combat.

From the muzzle loading broomsticks of the 16th to 19th century,involving mass formations all firing at each other from 200 yards,to the modern rifle like the M-16,in which a single soldier can carry with him and put down as much fire individually as an entire battalion of the Napoleonic era.

Where precision aiming is no longer important as simply suppressing the enemy with high volumes of automatic fire.Basically keeping them pinned down until another squad can get them within grenade or bayonet range.

• Agree 2

Absolutely agree

Drones do not look into tunnels or compounds and can be hacked

Infantry will forever remain the core of all wars (at least until they invent effective orbital weapons AHAHAHAHAH)

• Agree 2
  • Love 1

In WW2,many armies carried studies relating to the performances of their soldiers.As might be expected,they found in fact in the average infantry platoon in action,maybe only 25% of troops actually aimed their weapons at the enemy.The rest,whilst no suggestion of cowardice,but they tended to hug cover and only really defend their own position as opposed to actively attacking.It can be understood that in WW2,most soldiers had been civilians,and combat is unimaginably frightening.Its more a tribute to the men of WW2 that ANY battles were fought at all.

The Wehrmacht had 4 categories,Those who like combat,and actively risk their lives to achieve an objective,those who will hang back,but will stand firm and attempt to help the others in battle,then those who will hang back,and keep to cover,exposing as little of themselves to danger as possible.Then unfortunately,those who will tend to hug cover and refuse to fight as much as they can,perhaps a tendency to run for the rear under attack.

The British army did a similar study,with similar findings,which was suppressed by Montgomery.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, F.W said:

The British army did a similar study,with similar findings,which was suppressed by Montgomery

Fascinating

I officially (as for the topic) encourage you to post anything you find

48 minutes ago, F.W said:

The Wehrmacht

As a liberty-fighter I will forever oppose tyranny and fight for liberty and freedom

BUT have to admit, almost "mathematically-like", as a matter of numbers, the SS had some of the most Vicious and brutal fighters of all History

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, spywareonya said:

Fascinating

I officially (as for the topic) encourage you to post anything you find

As a liberty-fighter I will forever oppose tyranny and fight for liberty and freedom

BUT have to admit, almost "mathematically-like", as a matter of numbers, the SS had some of the most Vicious and brutal fighters of all History

Hmmm,even the Waffen-SS were only flesh and blood.Many of those were taken prisoner too.They did have a reputation for being callous and brutal,which was well deserved,but brutality alone does not make an intelligent soldier...They were quite indoctrinated.There was one incident where a badly wounded young Obersturmfuhrer(Lieutenant)was brought into the US field hospital,yet refused any blood unless it could be proven it contained no Jewish blood,of course they could offer no assurances,so he refused,.the medics set him down,and let him die.At the end of the day,if a guys an idiot,and refuses help,then they had plenty of their own men to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, F.W said:

Hmmm,even the Waffen-SS were only flesh and blood.Many of those were taken prisoner too.They did have a reputation for being callous and brutal,which was well deserved,but brutality alone does not make an intelligent soldier...They were quite indoctrinated.There was one incident where a badly wounded young Obersturmfuhrer(Lieutenant)was brought into the US field hospital,yet refused any blood unless it could be proven it contained no Jewish blood,of course they could offer no assurances,so he refused,.the medics set him down,and let him die.At the end of the day,if a guys an idiot,and refuses help,then they had plenty of their own men to worry about.

AHAHAH yes definitely

That stuff about jews was hilarious

I still have difficulties to believe they really tought those absurdities

Anyway, they say they were high on meth 24/7 thus the stories about brutality may be well realistic

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

Of course,you can have the best,most accurate weapons,but when the greatest killer on the battlefield opens fire in your direction,then there is no protection.

Artillery.Dozens of large calibre barrels,firing 20 pounds of explosive your way.You cant run,you cant hide.It will kill you at random.Unless youre in a deep bunker,it can kill you.

In WW1,and WW2,it was Artillery that wiped out units more quickly than any firefights.Artillery clears the ground,so the troops can simply go to the area and round up the terrified survivors.

Arty.jpg

Arty1.jpg

Arty2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, F.W said:

Dozens of large calibre barrels,firing 20 pounds of explosive your way.You cant run,you cant hide.It will kill you at random.Unless youre in a deep bunker,it can kill you

It had Always been weapon #1 against infantry (and even light fortifications)

Nowadays aircrafts can bomb them with great precision and this slightly diminished its effectiveness

(altough some new anti-Aircraft gatling gun can keep the bombers at bay, like the GAU 19 I recently posted here, an inhuman, new generation gatling firing CAL 50 at a rate of 30 per SECOND)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

Pics??????????????

The Canadian, American, German, Netherlands and swedish army use these artillery shells. They are so accurate that you can use them in danger close actions. They can fire safety within 250 feet of freindly ground troops

20190805_140319.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...