Gunpowder club

spywareonya

The advent of the tank and armoured vehicle types in WW1,and then the massive use of armoured formations in WW2,caused problems for the infantry.There were the towed kind of field guns,weighing a ton or more,but these needed their own transport,and were unwieldy,and stationary.

Most countries developed some kind of man-portable anti armour weapon.The USA the Bazooka,which by 1944,couldnt really do much damage beyond a lucky shot against the huge Panzers of that time.But enough to maybe make them think about moving on,and could destroy more light vehicles,trucks,half tracks etc.Indeed today,a creed of the USMC is "hunting tanks is fun and easy",as a squad with a Bazooka,is better against tanks,than often another tank.

The British developed the PIAT (Platoon,Infantry,Anti Tank).This fired a hollow charge via a heavy compressed spring.It WAS quite effective against panzers,at the battle of Arnhem,Major Cain of the 1st Airborne using a PIAT did disable a few german tanks.However,the PIAT was unwieldy,heavy,and required loading by standing on a baseplate(in the heat of battle,standing up isnt recommended),and kicked like a mule upon firing.

The Germans late in the war,developed perhaps the best anti-tank weapon.The Panzerfaust.

This was made in thousands,a one shot,throw away tube,that fired a hollow charge projectile about a 100 yards or so,and would penetrate over 5 inches of armour.This was more than all allied tanks up to that time..At close ranges as in the hedgerow country in Normandy,good troops armed with these took a fair toll of the Shermans that the allied forces were mainly equipped with.

Also,in the last weeks of the war,as the allies closed in from West and East,the Panzerfaust was such a simple point and aim weapon,that civilians could use it easily.Apart from the risk of being killed by the enemy supporting infantry of course!The Germans in WW2 were very good at developing weapons quickly to suit needs.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J31391,_Berlin,_Volkssturm,_Ausbildung.jpg

• Like 1
On 9/7/2019 at 6:57 PM, Peefreak99 said:

Anti air veichle works against both enemy ground forces and air also i guess it could be used at shore to take down enemy naval forces if they get too close. 

Screenshot_20190907-195354_Gallery.jpg

FlakPanzer Gepard of the Bundeswehr.Nothing like large calibre machine guns to wipe out infantry.In WW2 the Bulge,a platoon of US M3 halftracks equipped with 4 .50 calibre machine guns defending a crossroads wiped out a battalion of attacking infantry.It was called "the meatchopper".

• Like 2
15 hours ago, F.W said:

The Germans late in the war,developed perhaps the best anti-tank weapon.The Panzerfaust.

This was made in thousands,a one shot,throw away tube,that fired a hollow charge projectile about a 100 yards or so,and would penetrate over 5 inches of armour.This was more than all allied tanks up to that time..At close ranges as in the hedgerow country in Normandy,good troops armed with these took a fair toll of the Shermans that the allied forces were mainly equipped with.

Also,in the last weeks of the war,as the allies closed in from West and East,the Panzerfaust was such a simple point and aim weapon,that civilians could use it easily.Apart from the risk of being killed by the enemy supporting infantry of course!The Germans in WW2 were very good at developing weapons quickly to suit needs.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J31391,_Berlin,_Volkssturm,_Ausbildung.jpg

Yup totally agree with you, it was the best man portable antitank weapon of the war

Shapes charges are real tank killers. Imagine a jet of molten copper burning thru the armour of the tank setting anything inside on fire

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 3:53 PM, spywareonya said:

Ahahahahahah no I'm not

I know you're kidding but I play to answer "seriously"

Mikhail Bakunin and Alexander Kropotkin invented Communism as a milder form of capitalism, where production lies in the Law of Supply & Demand, to avoid capitalism to go rampage and involve banks too much

Their goal was to focus on production rather than exceedingly aggressive economy, so to avoid modern world where some people has up to dozens of BILLIONS dollars and a BILLION humans die of starvation

In a world where TRUE Communism was used, nobody would ever earn more than 50,000 $ per month and nobody less than 1000

Marx and Engels tried to explain communism to the world and failed a bit, with those misunderstood concepts about abolishing private property (while instead the concept was that unproductive riches should be just taxed a bit more in order to make money circulating), and URSS made a great mistake.

They applied Stalinism, not Communism, yet they called it that way and now people consider Communism as what was used in URSS, while I spent my life studying it early forms and they are nothing like that

So I could never work for what Russia was, and even less for what Russia is today

The only country I serve is the one I see in my ideals, the one we Witches hope to build, a world Empire, with just one Language, just one coin, and absolutely no borders, where all people are given an employement (and are forced to keep it, so to avoid criminality and people thriving on helps like lazy people or entire tribes of travellers going around, which I do not hate at all, but they make confusion), and no pjilosophy or religions, only the cult of true entities explained by us, and a lot of free time and nasty piss sex everywhere

For such a country, yes, I'm an undercover agent, and I am here to sensibilize people about the need to create such a society

I agree with all except for the one language thing. Unless you mean the eventual consolidation of all languages into one common language. 

• 8 months later...

I wish I would have found this thread earlier ≧∇≦

As for me.. My carry is a Customized Springfield Armory 1911A1 T.R.P. in 45ACP.. with compensator. Trijicon tritium night sights. Flared Magwell. G10 grips. And 8 round magazines

Also have quite the collection of others as well ≧∇≦

20200615_184251.jpg

20201031_111456.jpg I've been able to hit 8" steel targets at 100 yards with it..  I'll admit though... It takes me about 2-4 shots to do it lol. 

Edited by Wolf187
Add on
  • Like 2
On 10/31/2020 at 10:19 AM, Wolf187 said:

I wish I would have found this thread earlier ≧∇≦

As for me.. My carry is a Customized Springfield Armory 1911A1 T.R.P. in 45ACP.. with compensator. Trijicon tritium night sights. Flared Magwell. G10 grips. And 8 round magazines

Also have quite the collection of others as well ≧∇≦

20200615_184251.jpg

20201031_111456.jpg I've been able to hit 8" steel targets at 100 yards with it..  I'll admit though... It takes me about 2-4 shots to do it lol. 

Fine looking pistol sir. Up here in Canada pistols are range use only. I wish we could have carry permits and if so my wife's glock 48 would be perfect lol

• 2 months later...

For me the dream gun would be in the era of an old west, i would love to have real Colt single action army revolver and maybe the winchester rifle aswel. Somehow i find those guns specially beautiful and there is just something about them. Anyways where i live we have really strict laws for guns and civilian person is really hard to get a licence for a handgun of anykind.

Could buy the replica or deactived one, but its not the same as you know.

On 1/9/2021 at 6:00 AM, willinglywet said:

For me the dream gun would be in the era of an old west, i would love to have real Colt single action army revolver and maybe the winchester rifle aswel. Somehow i find those guns specially beautiful and there is just something about them. Anyways where i live we have really strict laws for guns and civilian person is really hard to get a licence for a handgun of anykind.

Could buy the replica or deactived one, but its not the same as you know.

I've always wanted a colt SAA revolver. Never made the leap into wheel guns lol. Iam a polymer 9mm pistol guy hahahaha

Guest UnabashedUser
20 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

I've always wanted a colt SAA revolver. Never made the leap into wheel guns lol. Iam a polymer 9mm pistol guy hahahaha

Get ya a Ruger Vaquero in .45. Classic old hogleg as we call them here in West Texas. For daily carry rather fond of my M and P .380 but for fun in the scrub, it's the Ruger. 

Get ya one and you can be a real PISTOLERO too. 

2238305-pistolero_no88.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

rugervaquero45.jpg

Your m+p is prohibited up here. Pistols must have a barrel length of 4.25 inches to be legal. 

My buddy has a Vaquero in .357 magnum, nice revolver. I may make the leap soon enough lol

I've got a m+p 9mm, a fine weapon in its own right as well