Check my bladder capacity

Today i wanted to do a test on the capacity of my mini bladder with the measuring cup, since i had nothing to do: i tried to resist for almost 3 hours (which for me is a lot), until i realized that i was having an accident, then i peed into a container, my bladder contains that just under 270 milliliters. On wikipedia it says that an adult woman should reach 800 milliliters. Mine basically fills up to a third of the full capacity it should have. 

• Like 3
  • Hot 1

Smaller than average listed in the medical literature, but not terribly small.  I think Wikipedia's 800 ml is above average for men and women.  Everybody's different, but if it is causing you problems then it is time to discuss with a physician.

• Hot 1
19 minutes ago, DoctorDoctor said:

Smaller than average listed in the medical literature, but not terribly small.  I think Wikipedia's 800 ml is above average for men and women.  Everybody's different, but if it is causing you problems then it is time to discuss with a physician.

Already done, unfortunately congenital defect there is little i can do about it. In the end, if i regularly go to the bathroom every two hours i have no problems. However, by now I've gotten used to accidents, i always have a change of clothes with me

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
7 hours ago, DoctorDoctor said:

I agree that 800 ml is above average, at least above average for a healthy amount to pee at once. It's quite possible that the average bladder can hold that much before the urine begins to leak, but I don't think that the average person can hold that much comfortably, and while occasionally getting that full won't cause problems, if you regularly get to 800 ml then either your bladder is unusually large, or you are putting an unhealthy amount of strain on your bladder that might cause problems in the long run. I've seen some sources saying that regularly holding more than 500 ml is an unhealthy habit.

Many sources say that the urge to pee starts at 200-300 ml and then increases until the capacity is reached. It's not proportional--the bladder is kind of "shriveled" when empty and expands to a certain size quite easily, after which point the pressure increases much more steeply with each additional volume. For me that rapid increase is reached somewhere around 500 ml, such that 600 feels quite different from 500, and 700 feels quite different again. Whereas in the 200 to 300 range I can tell there's something in there if I'm paying attention but it's not like I'm noticing much change. I'm pretty sure on some particularly bursting pees I've reached 800, or close to it (I've certainly broken 750, on one occasion when I measured it) but it's certainly not common to let it go that long.

Edited by Carb0nBased

@Mary Moon - obviously my 'plumbing' is different as a guy.  But for me, 300-500ml is my normal level after I've held for a while.   On occasions I have managed more, but it's rare and means me pushing to extremes.  Either way, 800ml definitely isn't normal for me either.

So I'd echo the view, everybody is a unique and special individual, we all have our strengths and our lesser abilities.  I know you hate the implications and effects of your condition - but there is nobody here who sees it as embarrassing or any sort of weakness.

Hi Mary. If it's any consolation then my measuring of bladder capacity during a 'normal' (i.e., no attempt to hold at any point) week might be if interest. My wife and I did it just out of curiosity. And when I did this, the 'normal' capacity I found was 400-600ml, so somewhat lower than the 800ml you found. In any event it sounds like you are trying to accept how things are, and you know how to deal with it. Sending hugs. 

• Like 1

In practice, for me those 270 milliliters are like 700 of a normal bladder. When i reached that amount i was very desperate, i was just moments away from the accident. My bladder is really small. In fact my accidents are never so excessively copious because the amount of pee I pee is the same

• Like 2

Male here 🙂

Normal peeing is up to 500ml.

700ml is the point I feel a stronger need to go, but if I hold it (normally by being distracted by something non-pee/sexual) I can get over a litre before reaching the point of needing to go NOW!

Largest measured is 1200ml which I achieved during some pee play, masturbating with a vibrator so the arousal overrode the need to pee until I reached the point that it came out regardless.

2 hours ago, InOddPlaces said:

Male here 🙂

Normal peeing is up to 500ml.

700ml is the point I feel a stronger need to go, but if I hold it (normally by being distracted by something non-pee/sexual) I can get over a litre before reaching the point of needing to go NOW!

Largest measured is 1200ml which I achieved during some pee play, masturbating with a vibrator so the arousal overrode the need to pee until I reached the point that it came out regardless.

When i measured it at 270ml. about, i was very desperate, i think would soon have the accident. Evidently this is close to my maximum capacity

• Hot 1

AI tells me the average is 500ml for women and 700ml for men. Seems to differ on whether the urge starts at ⅓ or ½ full.

In an ultrasound I (male) was recorded for just over 600ml (pre void minus post void), though I probably could have held more.

6 hours ago, Foobar said:

AI tells me the average is 500ml for women and 700ml for men. Seems to differ on whether the urge starts at ⅓ or ½ full.

That's where what we feel can differ significantly from the reality of bladder size - feeling the need to pee can be VERY different from how full it is.

I've had situations both ends of the scale.

Sometimes I've felt the urge to go NOW, only to have a dribble (probably <150ml) come out.

Other times I've been in the 600+ area and only felt a slight urge. A couple of memorable ones happened whilst I was driving on a long journey, being aware of a slight build up but didn't think it was much so kept going, but an hour later suddenly getting the "NOW" feeling and wetting slightly as I got out the vehicle (and realising how full I was), peeing close to a litre.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:46 AM, Mary Moon said:

In practice, for me those 270 milliliters are like 700 of a normal bladder. When i reached that amount i was very desperate, i was just moments away from the accident. My bladder is really small. In fact my accidents are never so excessively copious because the amount of pee I pee is the same

I think it matters more, the fun you have playing, not the capacity.  Also, I look at it as smaller capacity is less clean-up for the same amount of fun.

• Like 1
On 4/2/2024 at 10:09 PM, Mary Moon said:

When i measured it at 270ml. about, i was very desperate, i think would soon have the accident. Evidently this is close to my maximum capacity

I haven’t measured that often but average “need a pee” is between 200-300ml, most I’ve measured is about 500ml. When you are desperate what’s your normal flow like? Like a strong hiss but empty quickly or a slower trickle? Personally I’d love to have pee fun with someone that has a smaller bladder, it fills quicker and you have more pee’s and fun 😉