Naturist/Nudist and free/open urinating?

7 hours ago, topgag said:

if someone approached you at the nude beach to ask for directions and started pissing during the explanation, would you mind?

To be fair, given personal preference, if a woman approached me nude and started asking for directions and posed herself, I would have appreciated know how bad she had to go first. 

I get this feeling that the customs around naturism and peeing vary by culture and location. I.e. in US and UK naturist public peeing would be unusual. In places like France, Spain and Germany where public peeing is more accepted generally its also more accepted in naturism. Additionally, it seems that most naturist sites are not open to public sex but some are. I would imagine the sites that are culturally more open to public sex would also be accepting of peeing. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
On 5/25/2023 at 5:07 AM, Kupar said:

Interesting topic. In my experience of 'organised social naturism / nudism' in the UK, peeing freely when naked would be not particularly welcomed by many social naturists. However, I have been on a naked country walk with 20-30 people where during a rest stop many of the men lined up against a hedge and all peed into it. But at social gatherings in people's houses, pubs, clubs etc, it's expected that the toilets will be used. 

But on beaches it's different, and there are two types of nudists as far as I can tell: those like many of us here who would seize the opportunity to pee more freely given that we're among an anonymous crowd of famously tolerant, open-minded people (nudists), and those for whom naturism / nudism is simply being naked and all other conventional limits apply (so no public peeing, no public sexual touching, masturbation, sex of any kind). As with most things there's a spectrum I guess - and some people will feel liberated enough to pee more freely, though somewhat discreetly because they have the chance. My wife found this freedom once last summer and I was utterly delighted about it! 

For me, I love the opportunity to pee freely when naked in the garden at home, or on a naked walk in the country (something I can do where I live now because it's rural and quiet, eg https://www.erome.com/a/Oz5NT9ux) or on the beach 🙂  And I wish it could be more normalised, but I don't hold out much hope. As was mentioned earlier, the forces of conservatism seem pretty strong right now 😞 

We pee freely…well my boys and husband do…in our own garden, as it’s fairly private. And on bushwalks too. I know it is different in more public or group settings, but things may change over time…you never know. All sorts of minority groups get lots more rights these days. Maybe peeing freely will be more acceptable in the future as humanity evolves. 

As a non-naturist, I had some questions about the nudist gatherings. Do people talk about why they do it? I understand the feeling of freedom…are there other reasons? Maybe a sensory aversion to fabrics, or heating/cooling issues their bodies have? Is it a spiritual thing? 

When naturists speak to each other, do they look at each other’s bodies too? Is it acceptable to comment or or compliment each others bodies? 

Can you only gather in warm weather? 

Where do you keep your car keys if nude?! 😆 

Do naturists hug? Or just shake hands? 

And…the thing I struggle to fathom most…how does one suppress sexual desires in group of naked strangers? We are programmed to be aroused by nakedness. How on earth do you switch that off??!! 

Sorry, maybe dumb questions, but I am open to learning. I love sub-cultures. 

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
1 hour ago, MonsterKane46 said:

it's mostly about freedom. But also acceptance of the human body with all its flaws. So much importance is placed on looks by people thanks to instagram and tik tok providing unrealistic expectations of what people should look like. You don't get that judgment in the nudist community.

Absolutely agree

• Love 1
Guest Wetling
11 hours ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

And…the thing I struggle to fathom most…how does one suppress sexual desires in group of naked strangers? We are programmed to be aroused by nakedness. How on earth do you switch that off??!!

Is this a problem? I mean… it's not like we get a boner. 😄 But I also think you can get used to it. We associate nakedness with sex because we're usually not naked otherwise. But if it was the norm, I doubt everyone would just be horny all the time.

Edited by Wetling

4 minutes ago, Wetling said:

Is this a problem? I mean… it's not like we get a boner. 😄 But I also think you can get used to it. We associate nakedness with sex because we're usually not naked otherwise. But if it was the norm, I doubt everyone would just be horny all the time.

I funny how we have become a society that shamed to be turned on by someone’s nakedness, obviously to a point of not being creepy and being respectful but taking it as a compliment someone is aroused by your body and or pee.

• Agree 2
15 hours ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

As a non-naturist, I had some questions about the nudist gatherings...

... ... ...(see below for questions and answers)

As a non-naturist, I had some questions about the nudist gatherings. Do people talk about why they do it? I understand the feeling of freedom…are there other reasons? Maybe a sensory aversion to fabrics, or heating/cooling issues their bodies have? Is it a spiritual thing?

At naturist gatherings, we all know why we go so there's no point discussing it. It's like asking football fans why they go to watch football games. Sometimes we talk about those reasons in the context of talking to non-naturists and enlightening them (just a few of the reasons are: feeling of air and water on the body, comfort in warm weather, removing the clothing "facade" that categorizes the image clothes create (i.e. making us all equal), body acceptance (being happier in our own skin and not ashamed or our image, and accepting others as equals without critiquing other's bodies), being more true to ourselves, feeling one with nature, negating the public perception that nudity = sex, and simply having fun doing everyday things without clothes. The only familiar case of "sensory aversion to fabrics" is our dislike of wet bathing suits when we're done swimming.

When naturists speak to each other, do they look at each other’s bodies too? Is it acceptable to comment or or compliment each others bodies? 

Naturally, we look at our faces most of the time while talking, but of course we take the whole image in without staring. Some draw attention to their bodies with tattoos, jewelry, piercings, etc. which do invite comments, but complimenting or commenting on body parts is usually avoided.

Can you only gather in warm weather? 

Of course not! Sometimes at gatherings the weather gets cold or rainy... we just put on clothes! NBD. WHen it gets cool we'll have a mixture with some nude, some fully dressed, some topless, and some bottomless but wearing a top. We sometimes have get-togethers at people's houses in the winter, in which case the heat is usually turned up enough for people to be comfortable nude.

Where do you keep your car keys if nude?! 😆 

If you don't have a purse, picnic basket, bag, etc. you can use an elastic bracelet that attaches to your key, or wear a Tilley hat, which has a little velcro-closed compartment in the top of it.

Do naturists hug? Or just shake hands? 

Annual gatherings (in different parts of the US) often attract many of the same people year after year, so we get to make lots of friends that we see yearly. We friends almost always hug ("Hey, great to see you again!"). The very first time I hugged another man nude was a strange feeling, but unremarkable thereafter.  Shaking hands is pretty rare!

Society does indeed program us to believe that nude = sex. But in a group setting, getting aroused, such as an erection, is exceedingly rare. For one, our brains are reacting to lots of sight and sound input and it's hard to focus on erotic thoughts. I have tried to summon an erection amongst attractive women and it's just about impossible for me.  Another reason is that talking, playing games, hiking, partaking in workshops, etc. while nude is just normal activity for me at the gatherings, and sex or eroticism just aren't in the picture.  I like looking at nude women and like interacting with them, but sexual thoughts are not in my mind. Very occasionally, a man might get an erection, but we all carry towels to sit on so there is always something near to cover it up with!

Sorry, maybe dumb questions, but I am open to learning. I love sub-cultures. 

All I can say about that is, just give a clothing-optional beach or a naturist resort or a naturist gathering a try! It's fun! There's plenty of googling awaiting you on the web.

Edited by Peesfully
reformatting for easier reading
  • Like 1
  • Hug 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Peesfully said:

Thank you for the amazingly comprehensive answer. It does improve my understanding! I have only ever visited a naked beach once and it was deserted (Australia…we ain’t crowded). But it was lovely to feel the water on my skin. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2023 at 6:40 AM, MidoriLemonade85 said:

We pee freely…well my boys and husband do…in our own garden, as it’s fairly private. And on bushwalks too. I know it is different in more public or group settings, but things may change over time…you never know. All sorts of minority groups get lots more rights these days. Maybe peeing freely will be more acceptable in the future as humanity evolves. 

Its always easier for boys, I hate to walk about with an 'appendage' to help me though. Luckily the more rural you are, the more freely you can pee.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
Guest Wetling

Peeing while standing isn't that hard to learn. With just a little experience, it works pretty well, at least for me. I can't quite hit it through a fly, but at least I don't need any accessories.

Edited by Wetling
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, jeffpicard said:

I've always been curious about nudist camps.......do people engage in a lot of sexual activities in them......do visitors just pee anywhere in full veiw of others?

Would be nice if they did eh!

I'd join them tommorrow.!!!

As someone who visited one last month, nope.

• 3 months later...

Great insight @Barbieoxo and @vanessa9 - thanks for sharing.  Definitely great environments to become comfortable with yourselves growing up and to shape you into the chilled and accepting people you are today.

And if only everyone had such a grown-up and sensible attitude to peeing - the world would be a much calmer place lol.

• Agree 4
33 minutes ago, Barbieoxo said:

tempted to take a trip to the beach this summer again now

K and I were at Holkham naturist beach for the day at the end of last summer and it was wonderful: civilised and respectful. We both peed in the sand 🙂 I can recommend it, if you haven't been there (you probably have!)

7 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

And if only everyone had such a grown-up and sensible attitude to peeing - the world would be a much calmer place lol.

Absolutely. It is a heartfelt desire of mine for people (well, British people) to grow up when it comes to nudity. Look at France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands .... come on - it's just a body. We've all got one FFS.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

I have been a committed nudist for over 20 years. I have also been someone who has enjoyed pee holding-desperation-naughty peeing/ wetting  both my own and others , all my life . So I speak from experience.

If just open peeing whenever, wherever a person feels the urge were acceptable it would remove the naughtiness factor and thus much of the fun.

Many people connect nudity and sex because it is the only time they are naked in front of others. Being a nudist being naked is not about sex, we don't become aroused just seeing people's  "private areas"exposed. In any reputable nudist resort / beach/ campground anyone violating that premise will be asked to leave.

I know people have varying  ways to enjoy pee fun . For me  and many others it is highly sexual.  For that reason alone public peeing is not allowed.

Also while one person letting go in a common area seen or not will not be noticeable. However, if it is done repeatedly it becomes a hygiene issue.  People will notice the nasty oder of stale piss. But more directly members do not want to walk through a spot where people have peed, especially if they are in their bare feet. They are disgusted by that. In addition the same social norms exist they don't want to actually see you relieve yourself. Most people consider this a private function, they are not into pee play etc..

I recall an intoxicated female popping a squat and peeing right at the campfire one evening. I enjoyed seeing her urinating and strained to watch . Everyone else was offended and blocked the view and made her stop

That said stepping away to a semi-secluded spot where people are not walking is fine. That is done frequently by both men ad some females. I do it myself. My friends know what I am doing, they just aren't forced to observe it. That is just being respect.

Nonetheless , I still have some pee fun . I have held my pee until  desperate , then went for a walk in the woods. I hold my peet in until it comes out. I continue walking hands free, pee spraying wherever. I love peeing off high places. I have a secluded campsite, and have peed off the roof numerous times.

But the most fun was in an old , abandoned unusable RV. I went in there with a full bladder and peed on the bed, couch , and the floor. I even soaked someone's clothes that were left behind. Same thing on an old junked truck . I peed all over the seat several times. And over a period of several days every time I urinated it was in the gas tank, well over a gallon of piss.

Edited by wettingman

As a visitor to nude beaches and nude resorts in the US for nearly 20 years now I'll comment that in my experience it's not uncommon to see people peeing but most people tend to be fairly discreet about it. It's definitely done more openly than at a comparable non-nude location, but seldom do you see anyone just standing and peeing.

Personally, because I'm an exhibitionist and enjoy being watched, I make a slight attempt to be discreet but don't cover up the fact that I'm peeing.  Typically I will just roll to the side and let it flow.

83.jpg

Edited by Peefun
  • Love 2
  • Hot 2