dealing with the coronavirus...

glad1

Best of luck. Hope you feel better soon. 

Everything is definitely hitting the fan.

Although im from the UK, I am currently out the country on work for 5 weeks. Lucky for me I'm most likely safer out here than back in the UK. Already been told to prepare to extend my time away on work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes @glad1 best wishes and positive HEALTHY vibes be upon you.

I believe I can say for everyone who knows or has chatted with you, that we are all believing YOU DO NOT HAVE THE VIRUS and WILL NOT GET THIS NASTY VIRUS.

Get well; be well.  Looking fwd to chatting with you again real soon.

Feel better soon.png

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Thank you all for your concern. I'm pretty much okay, just achy and I want to sleep most of the day. I'll try to drop by when I can to give you updates.

In the meantime, please practice safe behavior and stay healthy.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, glad1 said:

Thank you all for your concern. I'm pretty much okay, just achy and I want to sleep most of the day. I'll try to drop by when I can to give you updates.

Glad to hear your feeling better. Thank you for the update. Feel better soon

• Agree 1

One thing that can help with keeping us healthy is to ensure you are washing your hands properly please see the image below for how to do this. Also I am glad you are still around @glad1 you are in my thoughts though and I hope you get better soon.

image.png.76b932a0718987e9da18e543e71ce7b7.png

Edited by lovestoseepee
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

I should probably make another topic about this and I will say this is a very weird avenue to even be discussing this.

This is not a call for panic or hoarding or anything like that, frankly it's too late for that.

The coronavirus as we know it has already infected most of Americans without us knowing it. There is a large disparity in younger age groups being infected with the virus and showing symptoms, which shall be known as "asymptomatic," going forward. This is to say that they are infected with the disease but aren't sick but can still spread it. This is reflected in the data shown from South Korea who has widespread testing and is reflected in a single town study done in Italy. Now it is important to differential these two tests. South Korea right now has had the best response to the disease with widespread testing and treatment. Italy, however, has not been prepared. The country is extremely overwhelmed. The United States of America and the United Kingdom in the next few weeks will exceed the worst case scenario that is Italy. Frankly, any UK users here I fear for your government even over my own in the US, by trying to approaching this with the herd immunity mentality. That is frankly, retarded and I don't like to use the word 

This is a graph of those tested compared with SK and Italy. This does not mean that they are showing symptoms, please note that the largest group is 20-29. Many of those in that age group are hearing that those most affected are 60+ and still going about their daily business but spreading the virus.

1*u7YJUCyLwSLtoW_O4YKOfg.png

Things brings me to the next  point, those among us that are most affect are those in the "boomer," age group, those 60+. These are my parents, these are also the people least likely to take heed to any of the warnings, those most likely to keep their cruise tickets, those most likely to die. 

Do not leave your home for anything outside of work or getting groceries. Unnecessary travel puts your more vulnerable neighbors at risk. This is not the flu. This is beyond washing your hands. Practice social distancing. The less contact we have with each other the less the disease has a chance to spread and multiple. This has an R0 of 6 for God's sake. That means for everyone infected person another 6 are infected. The flu is R0=3.

I'm all over the place but please read the following articles and pass these along to older friends and family, they are most at risk.

I haven't even gone into the 2% mortality rate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-12/will-baby-boomers-take-precautions-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

https://medium.com/@andreasbackhausab/coronavirus-why-its-so-deadly-in-italy-c4200a15a7bf

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Vassal said:

It should also be pointed out that you can be reinfected, stay inside. Pee on the carpet, whatever. Limit social contact.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/484942-japan-confirms-first-case-of-person-reinfected

Actually you don’t want to stay inside just stay away from other people.  Go set outside and get some sun and fresh air.   
https://medium.com/@ra.hobday/coronavirus-and-the-sun-a-lesson-from-the-1918-influenza-pandemic-509151dc8065

this article tells you why sunlight and fresh air help fight this virus and the flu. I have to work with the general public.  And there are ways to help protect yourself even if someone has it and you come in contact with them.  The virus can live on metal surfaces for up to 12 hours. Sanitize them often.  Cloths for 6 hours.  As soon as you get home take them off and leave then in a separate room maybe garage. Wash hands often don’t touch your face eyes nose.  Drink hot drinks. Limit drinks with ice.   Gargle with salt water.   Limit exposure to large groups of people.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, glad1 said:

I’m glad your feeling better.  Hope to see you back on soon. Take care of yourself. Be safe.  I was thinking about you today 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Sweets said:

Actually you don’t want to stay inside just stay away from other people.  Go set outside and get some sun and fresh air.   
https://medium.com/@ra.hobday/coronavirus-and-the-sun-a-lesson-from-the-1918-influenza-pandemic-509151dc8065

this article tells you why sunlight and fresh air help fight this virus and the flu. I have to work with the general public.  And there are ways to help protect yourself even if someone has it and you come in contact with them.  The virus can live on metal surfaces for up to 12 hours. Sanitize them often.  Cloths for 6 hours.  As soon as you get home take them off and leave then in a separate room maybe garage. Wash hands often don’t touch your face eyes nose.  Drink hot drinks. Limit drinks with ice.   Gargle with salt water.   Limit exposure to large groups of people.  

Great advice.

• Agree 1

Brisbane University in Queensland think that they have a cure, based on HIV and Malaria medication. I did hear about HIV treatment early on in the beginning of this pandemic, but heard nothing further. These are old medications that are no longer effective for what they were made for, so I’m a bit dubious as to the effectiveness of this ‘cure’. 

The headline also has the word cure in parentheses, as in ‘CURE’ so you can draw your own conclusions.

We have not done anything different here at home, normal shopping (of what we could get), just carried on as usual. 

Glad1, we hope you don’t have it, our thoughts are with you, get better soon.

Scot_Lover and Maigh.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Scot_Lover said:

Brisbane University in Queensland think that they have a cure, based on HIV and Malaria medication. I did hear about HIV treatment early on in the beginning of this pandemic, but heard nothing further. These are old medications that are no longer effective for what they were made for, so I’m a bit dubious as to the effectiveness of this ‘cure’. 

The headline also has the word cure in parentheses, as in ‘CURE’ so you can draw your own conclusions.

We have not done anything different here at home, normal shopping (of what we could get), just carried on as usual. 

Glad1, we hope you don’t have it, our thoughts are with you, get better soon.

Scot_Lover and Maigh.

I read something similar.   We doing things as normal here too.   Will see how things progress in the next couple weeks.  Stay safe. 

• Agree 1

Just stopped by tonight to give you an update and thank you all for your concern. I don't have a fever (at least not yet) and I'm only achy and want to sleep all the time. Meanwhile, I'll continue to practice social distancing, so apologies if I'm not around much.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 3/17/2020 at 7:27 PM, glad1 said:

Just stopped by tonight to give you an update and thank you all for your concern. I don't have a fever (at least not yet) and I'm only achy and want to sleep all the time. Meanwhile, I'll continue to practice social distancing, so apologies if I'm not around much.

Thanks again for the update. Stay safe and check in when you can

• Agree 1

A quick update. I'm still tired and achy and occasionally have a cough. While I wait to take a test and get the results, I'm self-quarantining and drinking plenty of fluids. Maybe I can flush this virus out of my system for once and for all.

• Love 1