Click here to remove ads | Want your website/message here?
Admin

What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Was originally introduced to this by @Sophie in the chatroom if I recall. Just had to listen to this again - several times. The guy is a talent. I would barter my soul for similar talent.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, steve25805 said:

Was originally introduced to this by @Sophie in the chatroom if I recall. Just had to listen to this again - several times. The guy is a talent. I would barter my soul for similar talent.

Here is another you may enjoy.

• Thanks 1

I am in a mood today - laugh, deal with it and no judging.😃

Started with Stevie Ray At the Capitol Theater or something like that. "Change It" Tommy Shannon looks SO young!

Random "Pride & Joy" and "House is Rocking"

Moved on to JJ Cale "Anyway the Wind Blows" (with Clapton, Trucks and DB 2) and the long version of "Call Me The Breeze" live someplace or other. 

The cat is glaring at me from under the chair.

John Mayer's cover of Breeze might be next.

Hollywood Vampires - 2019 - Rise - the whole album

Pandora Radio has been programming many more live cuts.

Just heard what may be the longest Mountain Jam (ABB) think it was from 70 or 71?

And I followed it with Seven Turns also from ABB.

• Like 1

Sums up how I'm feeling nicely

• Like 1

John Mayer doing an amazing version of Crossroads ( the song). Live a couple years ago in Toronto or Montreal. 

Wow he can handle a guitar!

This song recently came up on an episode of the X Files that I was watching. I have heard the song before. For some reason it makes me cry probably due to the context of it not sure though.

• Like 1

I used to listen to the heck out of this song after finding this video. Fair warning: it contains some themes that may be disturbing. 

No apologies for some Scottish folk music (instrumental, not a song). This lifts my spirits on a dull, chilly late autumn day

Edited by Kupar
Corrected link

This morning has mostly been Pink Floyd in the background via Amazon music / Alexa. 

Only problem is when she plays individual tracks from albums like The Wall out of context, so they start and stop abruptly. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

This morning has mostly been Pink Floyd in the background via Amazon music / Alexa. 

Only problem is when she plays individual tracks from albums like The Wall out of context, so they start and stop abruptly. 

Are the tracks in the right order? That's the most irritating thing about, say, genius mixes in iTunes (I know, old tech ...). Can you conceive of listening to a Pink Floyd album where the tracks are mixed up? Horrible!

2 hours ago, Kupar said:

Are the tracks in the right order? That's the most irritating thing about, say, genius mixes in iTunes (I know, old tech ...). Can you conceive of listening to a Pink Floyd album where the tracks are mixed up? Horrible!

It's worse than that - "Alexa play songs from Pink Floyd..." and get the reply 'Playing songs by Pink Floyd on Amazon Radio'.

Now I guess there's a licensing issue going on somewhere - first song was one of the more introspective tracks from The Wall, and from what I recognised nothing at all from Dark Side, Division Bell or any other works of greatness.  Not even the 'commercial' stuff everyone knows like Money, Time or Great Gig In The Sky.

Time to get the vinyl out instead I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

It's worse than that - "Alexa play songs from Pink Floyd..." and get the reply 'Playing songs by Pink Floyd on Amazon Radio'.

Now I guess there's a licensing issue going on somewhere - first song was one of the more introspective tracks from The Wall, and from what I recognised nothing at all from Dark Side, Division Bell or any other works of greatness.  Not even the 'commercial' stuff everyone knows like Money, Time or Great Gig In The Sky.

Time to get the vinyl out instead I think.

😞 It would spoil my enjoyment I think ... to a point (though more where I know the albums really well, or where they are clearly intended to be listened to from start to finish). I retain the capability to play vinyl (just because I could never bear to throw those LPs away) even though they only occasionally come out.

Edited by Kupar
typos ... again!
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

first song was one of the more introspective tracks from The Wall, and from what I recognised nothing at all from Dark Side, Division Bell or any other works of greatness.  

Set the controls for the heart of the back catalogue

• Like 1

I love the whole album so much - and this song in particular. Perfect for this afternoon.

16 hours ago, Sophie said:

Just watched / listened to this again. Wonderful. I love the calmness of his playing - he makes complex things look effortless. It's like watching John Renbourn play guitar - the minimum of movement, nothing flashy - not even flamboyant - and yet the sounds ...