What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

12 minutes ago, Ozabot said:

One more Norwegian prog band

This, my friend, is superb. The first four minutes sound like Thomas Traherne poems set to music by Genesis; the next five minutes is just simply wonderful, creative complex jazz-inspired rock instrumental - almost Jethro Tull, but with more complex polyrhythms. And the lead vocalist sounds like a Norwegian Al Stewart ... and that's no bad thing. All in all, it's sublime. Thank you!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Kupar said:

This, my friend, is superb. The first four minutes sound like Thomas Traherne poems set to music by Genesis; the next five minutes is just simply wonderful, creative complex jazz-inspired rock instrumental - almost Jethro Tull, but with more complex polyrhythms. And the lead vocalist sounds like a Norwegian Al Stewart ... and that's no bad thing. All in all, it's sublime. Thank you!

I've accidentally found them four days ago. This is really "Must have" Highly recommend to look through other tracks/albums.

Brief information is here

• Thanks 1

I just choreographed an entire music video in my head before, during, and after a shower for the song My Humps by the Black Eyes Peas. There was a lot of ass shaking and busting moves I know i can't hit, but that's why it all took place behind the closed door of my bathroom 😆

• Haha 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Take your pick - which version do you prefer?

I think Thin Lizzy. I know it so well, and the band are so tight. It's a great interpretation. But Metallica's version is good too. Just a bit breathless, and this obscures the music a little. Sexy video though 🙂.

Edited by Kupar
Added comment
  • Agree 1
  • Hot 1
9 hours ago, Kupar said:

I think Thin Lizzy. I know it so well, and the band are so tight. It's a great interpretation. But Metallica's version is good too. Just a bit breathless, and this obscures the music a little. Sexy video though 🙂.

Agree with @Kupar. Thin Lizzy's version was the first heard, so it was as "first love" 🙂

So all others were like covers on Thin Lizzy for me) But when I've found the history of this song, I understood that all versions in past century were covers) 

Think this variant is the closest to original

Edited by Ozabot
  • Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...