What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

4 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Have I got you converted @Kupar - and did you know he also drummed for Lennox & Stewart...   Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This, Thorn In My Side as prime examples.

I have always loved his drumming with Blondie 🙂It's a close run thing whether 'Presence, Dear' or 'Dreaming' is my favourite track showcasing his work.  I think I do vaguely remember that he drummed with Eurythmics, but thanks for reminding me!

In the olden days, long before autotune and the (to my ears) bizarre, autotune-influenced, machine-like, nasal vocal delivery that many singers have these days, there was Dusty Springfield. Thinking of her this morning.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And for @gldenwetgoose - a drummer to give Clem Burke a run for his money. I give you the magnificent, the indefatigable Reni.  Yes, this is over 8 minutes long, but what an 8 minutes! 

If you want just one quick example of his extraordinary versatility in this two-part track, listen to the transition from the first to the second half, for at least a minute from about 3m20s. But ideally, listen to the whole thing, loud! John Squire's guitar playing isn't too shabby either 🙂 

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Sexismygod said:

Have to laugh ... this just popped up ... too funny

🙂 Always puts a smile on my face! From a happier time perhaps for the rather lovely Ms Spears. My heart goes out to her - she's suffered a lot.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:13 AM, Kupar said:

A beautiful piece 🙂. I have heard it before (John Williams' recording I guess), but not for a long time - thank you for reminding me!

Have a go at Cantaré Cantarás

The interpretation of La catedral i was listening to was by Manual Espinas

Edited by Psycho17
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Psycho17 said:

Have a go at Cantaré Cantarás

The interpretation of La catedral i was listening to was by Manual Espinas

Thanks - I had to Google the story behind that song - really interesting. A big anthem with worthy motives 🙂 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I love this thread so much. It introduces me to so much new music that I would never have listened to otherwise. Thank you @Sophie and all other regular contributors ❤ 

Edited by Kupar
typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1