Gunpowder club

spywareonya

3 hours ago, UnabashedUser said:

Early issues in the first years  of the M16 included extractors that were not properly hardened and then after 200 or so rounds,burred over and would not extract rendering the weapon completely useless until the stuck case was removed (cleaning rod thru the muzzle) and the extractor was replaced. It took an act of Congress to get the thing fixed.

Lots of guys were killed before action was taken.

It's sad so many were killed while carrying this weapon. Dupont could not manufacture enough of the correct powder so Olin Mathison Company manufactures a power which achiever the correct  muzzle velocity but it created alot of powder residue which caused the jams. Once the correct cleaning kits which included powder solvent the rifle gained popularity 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Eventually of course after many modifications and better instructions for cleaning the rifle,it did become more efficient and began to be accepted more readily.

However after a particular battle,in which there were many killed,officers commented that many troops were found dead with their rifles either looking like they were in the midst of attempting to clear,or with jams.

It is now regarded well as a military weapon.But it is an example of perhaps a weapon designed by beurocrat,rather than soldiers.

• Agree 1

@WantonLee

@UnabashedUser

@F.W

@speedy3471

M4 surpassed M16 in many things but is becoming a little obsolete (which does not necessarily mean "surpassed") that's why competitions were held and the Daniel Defense won the one from July of this very year

Usually only a civil-rifle crafter, the V-11 is its first military rifle

It struck me for its light weight and the fact that it an carry great capacity magazines, and it NEVER jammed during various tests, not everything is disclosed but it seems to be completely waterproof too, and changing magazines seems to be extremely quick

Also, the initial speed of bullets is very high and the range is much wider than previous assault rifles

It's rate or stopping power is not superior to M4 or M16, but it's much less heavy, and more reliable

Immagine correlata

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I guess the rifle more than anything illustrates the development of infantry combat.

From the muzzle loading broomsticks of the 16th to 19th century,involving mass formations all firing at each other from 200 yards,to the modern rifle like the M-16,in which a single soldier can carry with him and put down as much fire individually as an entire battalion of the Napoleonic era.

Where precision aiming is no longer important as simply suppressing the enemy with high volumes of automatic fire.Basically keeping them pinned down until another squad can get them within grenade or bayonet range.

• Agree 2

Absolutely agree

Drones do not look into tunnels or compounds and can be hacked

Infantry will forever remain the core of all wars (at least until they invent effective orbital weapons AHAHAHAHAH)

• Agree 2
  • Love 1

In WW2,many armies carried studies relating to the performances of their soldiers.As might be expected,they found in fact in the average infantry platoon in action,maybe only 25% of troops actually aimed their weapons at the enemy.The rest,whilst no suggestion of cowardice,but they tended to hug cover and only really defend their own position as opposed to actively attacking.It can be understood that in WW2,most soldiers had been civilians,and combat is unimaginably frightening.Its more a tribute to the men of WW2 that ANY battles were fought at all.

The Wehrmacht had 4 categories,Those who like combat,and actively risk their lives to achieve an objective,those who will hang back,but will stand firm and attempt to help the others in battle,then those who will hang back,and keep to cover,exposing as little of themselves to danger as possible.Then unfortunately,those who will tend to hug cover and refuse to fight as much as they can,perhaps a tendency to run for the rear under attack.

The British army did a similar study,with similar findings,which was suppressed by Montgomery.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, F.W said:

The British army did a similar study,with similar findings,which was suppressed by Montgomery

Fascinating

I officially (as for the topic) encourage you to post anything you find

48 minutes ago, F.W said:

The Wehrmacht

As a liberty-fighter I will forever oppose tyranny and fight for liberty and freedom

BUT have to admit, almost "mathematically-like", as a matter of numbers, the SS had some of the most Vicious and brutal fighters of all History

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, spywareonya said:

Fascinating

I officially (as for the topic) encourage you to post anything you find

As a liberty-fighter I will forever oppose tyranny and fight for liberty and freedom

BUT have to admit, almost "mathematically-like", as a matter of numbers, the SS had some of the most Vicious and brutal fighters of all History

Hmmm,even the Waffen-SS were only flesh and blood.Many of those were taken prisoner too.They did have a reputation for being callous and brutal,which was well deserved,but brutality alone does not make an intelligent soldier...They were quite indoctrinated.There was one incident where a badly wounded young Obersturmfuhrer(Lieutenant)was brought into the US field hospital,yet refused any blood unless it could be proven it contained no Jewish blood,of course they could offer no assurances,so he refused,.the medics set him down,and let him die.At the end of the day,if a guys an idiot,and refuses help,then they had plenty of their own men to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, F.W said:

Hmmm,even the Waffen-SS were only flesh and blood.Many of those were taken prisoner too.They did have a reputation for being callous and brutal,which was well deserved,but brutality alone does not make an intelligent soldier...They were quite indoctrinated.There was one incident where a badly wounded young Obersturmfuhrer(Lieutenant)was brought into the US field hospital,yet refused any blood unless it could be proven it contained no Jewish blood,of course they could offer no assurances,so he refused,.the medics set him down,and let him die.At the end of the day,if a guys an idiot,and refuses help,then they had plenty of their own men to worry about.

AHAHAH yes definitely

That stuff about jews was hilarious

I still have difficulties to believe they really tought those absurdities

Anyway, they say they were high on meth 24/7 thus the stories about brutality may be well realistic

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

Of course,you can have the best,most accurate weapons,but when the greatest killer on the battlefield opens fire in your direction,then there is no protection.

Artillery.Dozens of large calibre barrels,firing 20 pounds of explosive your way.You cant run,you cant hide.It will kill you at random.Unless youre in a deep bunker,it can kill you.

In WW1,and WW2,it was Artillery that wiped out units more quickly than any firefights.Artillery clears the ground,so the troops can simply go to the area and round up the terrified survivors.

Arty.jpg

Arty1.jpg

Arty2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, F.W said:

Dozens of large calibre barrels,firing 20 pounds of explosive your way.You cant run,you cant hide.It will kill you at random.Unless youre in a deep bunker,it can kill you

It had Always been weapon #1 against infantry (and even light fortifications)

Nowadays aircrafts can bomb them with great precision and this slightly diminished its effectiveness

(altough some new anti-Aircraft gatling gun can keep the bombers at bay, like the GAU 19 I recently posted here, an inhuman, new generation gatling firing CAL 50 at a rate of 30 per SECOND)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

It had Always been weapon #1 against infantry (and even light fortifications)

The excalibur 155mm artillery shell is guided by GPS. It's a very accurate way to deliver HE shells

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
9 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

Pics??????????????

The Canadian, American, German, Netherlands and swedish army use these artillery shells. They are so accurate that you can use them in danger close actions. They can fire safety within 250 feet of freindly ground troops

20190805_140319.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

UWell my shot gun in question is a benelli m4 super 90, my favorite shot gun lol, I own a few different makes and models

The m4 is semi automatic, it uses the Argo system. Auto regulating gas operated. This means there are 2 gas pistons which operate the bolt carrier. It has a 18.5 inch barrel with a modified choke. 5 +1 magazine capacity. It has ghost ring sites and a picitinny rail. 

The adjustable stock makes it very user friendly

20190830_081422.jpg

20190830_081433.jpg

20190830_081436.jpg

• Like 1

The GAU-8 Avenger,is a modern "Gatling" type weapon.

This aircraft,the A-10 Thunderbolt,also the "warthog",was designed to carry it.It features an entire titanium armoured seat and cockpit,for the pilot,making it very tough for ground fire to bring down.

The weapon itself,is about 20 feet long,and weighs about over a ton.It fires a 30mm round,at a rate of about 3500 rpm.This can rip into vehicles,including tanks.Its said that during the Gulf war,entire Iraqi units,would surrender at the sight of the A-10 and its death dealing 30mm cannon coming towards them.The sound of this firing,sounds like a deep buzz,which is terrifying,ive seen and heard these on a training flight in the UK.I wouldnt like to be on its receiving end.

gau-8-99112d.jpg

gau-8-990837b.jpg

gau1.jpg

gau.jpg

Edited by F.W
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

UWell my shot gun in question is a benelli m4 super 90, my favorite shot gun lol, I own a few different makes and models

The m4 is semi automatic, it uses the Argo system. Auto regulating gas operated. This means there are 2 gas pistons which operate the bolt carrier. It has a 18.5 inch barrel with a modified choke. 5 +1 magazine capacity. It has ghost ring sites and a picitinny rail. 

The adjustable stock makes it very user friendly

20190830_081422.jpg

20190830_081433.jpg

20190830_081436.jpg

That thing got my dick hard lol do you usally carry it around? I mean it would scare of any potential intruders haha hows the fire power in it?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

That thing got my dick hard lol do you usally carry it around? I mean it would scare of any potential intruders haha hows the fire power in it?

Lol. The firepower depends on the type of ammo used. For example 00 buckshot is devastating up to about 45meters or so. Image 9 pellets .330 of an inch in diameter traveling at about 1500 feet per second

#8 shot is used for skeet shooting. It has alot of small lead pellets traveling at around 1100 feet pe5 second, not very lethal past 25 meters

Now imagine a 12 gauge slug. A big chunk of lead about 20mm in diameter and weighing not less than 400 grains!

• Like 1