Do tampons effect peeing?

gg111

So, tampons and period-stuff aren’t my thing, but I am interested in how they affect a woman’s ability to pee. 

I remember a girlfriend telling me about how she can’t pee with her tampon in. One time I watched her on the toilet (she knew about my pee fetish) and when she took the tampon out, she let out an audible sigh and an impressive piss stream. It almost reminded me of how champagne comes out after the cork is popped! Ok maybe that’s an exaggeration, but it definitely seemed like the tampon somehow also blocked the urethra and kept the piss in.

Do any of you have similar experiences? Does it make it more difficult to pee? On the reverse, does it make it easier to hold it in?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I have an interest in periods and don’t think I have wondered much about this before. Interesting question. Will be interesting to read the responses from those ladies that will be happy to share their experiences on this.

ha yes I am aware. From my experience, my girlfriend can pee fine during her period while using a tampon. I have some friends though that have said they can’t use a tampon at all and stick to pads, so there must be differences for some ladies.

I think a lot of ladies feel bad for doing stuff during their period due to the way society views periods as a bit taboo. You shouldn’t be afraid to do as you please though.

Going on some of the replies that have been posted, I'm thinking any effect is probably psychological, rather than physical.

I've seen posts online from women who are worried about the hygienic aspect of peeing on the string, and because of this, they remove their tampon before peeing.

I'm guessing that concern (or being uncomfortable with tampons in some other way) might lead to a physical feeling of not being able to relax and pee until the tampon is removed. 

Edited by UnauthorisedGuy
8 hours ago, puddyls said:

well first of all, y'all (the boys, specifically) do know that the urethra and vagina are two different orifices, right? one is, just like men's, for urination. the other is for reproductive things- like the 'mensies'. so a tampon in the vagina shouldn't affect the urethra too much. but, i suppose, like almost all things, there is a spectrum of abilities, and physical characteristics of the genital architecture, for each woman. no one i've personally had any conversation with about periods has had that be an issue. and as for my own experience, tampons aren't a hinderance to the physiology of peeing. and is usually why i'll use them instead of a pad. though, i feel like there is a kinda psychological stigma about it that may be why i often refrain from most of my shenanigans during my monthly. 

Maybe with some, but I've had 3 partners who've had period sex and it's always been incredible. 

• Agree 1
5 hours ago, PeeOutside said:

That's a good question, I am also curious. Does the string hanging out affect your pee stream at all? 

I've thought about this, but I used tampons all throughout my high school (switched to a cup about a year after I gave birth) and no, the string never affected me when I peed. Never received any UTIs or TSS whem i used them. Probably because generally speaking pee cannot travel upward toward the internal portion of the tampon so a little bit of urine on the string isn't going to hurt.

10 hours ago, puddyls said:

well first of all, y'all (the boys, specifically) do know that the urethra and vagina are two different orifices, right?

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've had to explain this to someone on here 😭  

• Haha 1
On 10/13/2024 at 2:46 AM, puddyls said:

well first of all, y'all (the boys, specifically) do know that the urethra and vagina are two different orifices, right? one is, just like men's, for urination. the other is for reproductive things- like the 'mensies'.

I think knowing about my pee fetish helped educate me on this from a young age, despite being male

Edited by MC Cumzy
  • Like 1