Do you have any psudonyms?

Sophie

I don't have any I use, and even when I go to Starbucks I find it really difficult to give a false name even when I want to. But I sometimes come across names and think "That's a great name. I wish I was called 'Rock Dynamite'", or whatever. I can't think of any of them now of course!

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Sophie said:

I was thinking yesterday while bored in a meeting at work, I have a couple of humourous names I use when I don't want to give out my real name while filling out surveys or signing up to things. Of course anything important will have my real name, but just a website where my name isn't required at all? I'm going to have some fun with it. Popular names include :-

Dixie Normous (Dicks enormous)
Jenny Talia (Genitalia)
Anne Teak (Antique)
Melanie Lemons (Melony lemons)

I generally don't use pseudonyms. But having been politically active in the past I do occasionally receive questionnaires in the post from political parties. Sometimes I receive them from other organisations. If they are not something I am involved with I will sometimes amuse myself by responding with deliberately silly answers, identifying myself as a pseudonym.

Usually such names as Hugh Jarse. Hugh Janus, Betty Swottom, Wun Hung Lo, and such like. 

I once responded to an anonymous questionnaire asking how local politics could be improved. I responded as Hugh Janus married to Betty Swollocks and suggested paint balling competitions between the Tory and Labour councillors with the winners gaining control of the council and the losers spending 6 months scuba diving in the Antarctic.

Much to my surprise they failed to take me seriously.

• Haha 4

My internet name is a pseudonym, although not a funny one like yours. I use my real first name but my last name is something I made up. Well, not made up. It's a word in a different language (and not Italian lol). I changed my fb name to it back in high school and it just stuck, so I kept it. Although after taking a lot of my contacts off of here and onto other apps I've recently started going by a different last name on a few different platforms to avoid having my secret identity discovered 🕵🏽‍♀️ I've really been liking going by that name, but I am way too attached to the one I created back in high school to change it permanently 😬

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

I've recently started going by a different last name on a few different platforms to avoid having my secret identity discovered

Bacardi confirmed to be a spy! Say hi to 009 for me.

Well I have my name here - Alfresco, which I have also used when registering for some other things but expanded to Alan Fresco.

If registering for some online stuff or things like wifi accounts in cafes then I sometimes use Fred Flintstone.  I was thinking to use Mickey Mouse but decided that was too common so went with Fred Flintstone.

• Haha 1

I have my username, which after it was too late didn't consider how talkative I would be here with a slightly embarrassed result, but I go by Punty,

Others I have found in my travels that make me chuckle have been

Gave my house plant a name, Morgan Treeman, he sits next too Marilyn Mon grow. 

Knew a guy at work who had one leg slightly shorter than his other, he was called "snipers nightmare"

Also worked in a place where we had a good sociable group, but one guy never came out, we called him the Olympic torch...

• Haha 4

"Maclir" was the first pseudonym I used when I was first on the Internet.  This dates back to the mid 1990s.  My other pseudonym is "William Turney Morris" - my pen name for my writing activities.

2 hours ago, Maclir said:

"Maclir" was the first pseudonym I used when I was first on the Internet.  This dates back to the mid 1990s.  My other pseudonym is "William Turney Morris" - my pen name for my writing activities.

And don't forget Florida Man. 

I have pseudonyms but I do my damnedest to keep them separate. I assume everything I post is being scraped and sold. I want to make it as hard as possible to cross reference anything. Remember Ted Kaczynski was caught because his brother recognized his writing style. Names can work similarly

Well,  ...  I have  a few nom de plumes... and feathers are quite pleasing used with skill.

I guess a few fun pseudonyms  may include,  ,,    F. Christmas,  Miss  Ann  Thrope,  Sir Loin,  Miss Demeanour,  Richard Head,  Mike Hunt ( a lost person?) ... etc

Guess we all do the anonymity thing, perhaps with humour, or not  . A bit of word play is fun. pseudonyms are comfortable in a  stressful world

My own pen name here is Euro, stating the obvious, bit fun- play, bit anonamo mouse.... Doh... Lost the plot... xx  🙂...

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2023 at 10:10 PM, Sophie said:

I was thinking yesterday while bored in a meeting at work, I have a couple of humourous names I use when I don't want to give out my real name while filling out surveys or signing up to things. Of course anything important will have my real name, but just a website where my name isn't required at all? I'm going to have some fun with it. Popular names include :-

Dixie Normous (Dicks enormous)
Jenny Talia (Genitalia)
Anne Teak (Antique)
Melanie Lemons (Melony lemons)

Some others I have heard of:

Sue Ridge

Heywood Jablomi