Pee Stories That Make The News

10 hours ago, Kupar said:

Yay! Go Isla! And ... WTF are the Spanish trying to do here?!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/morning-star-makes-gross-offer-33280329

Screenshot_20240719-202017-616.png

Definitely a case of wanting a free holiday.   It is a stupid law about being fined for peeing in the sea.   Even if you could suspect someone of peeing because they stood still waist deep or sat in the water next to the shore, how could it be proved?  

love that Isla offered to test the theory and told the nation she is happy to pee in the sea but unless she pees into the sea from above rather than submerged we would also only have her word that she did I it.   And even if she didn’t get detected in the act, would the police fine her on the grounds of her video evidence?

• Agree 4

I wonder where that law came from. Qualitatively, there's no reason to forbid it. Fishes do so and more, as anybody who's got an aquarium knows. Perhaps there's an issue with a large quantity of tourists doing so in a relatively small area, leading to high concentrations?

• Agree 1

Kind of off topic, but this kind of reminds me of how the show Last Week Tonight introduced the ocean as the only place you can urinate within full view of a family of four and not be branded a sex offender. I don't know if the clip is available in the UK yet, but VPNs exist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 7/27/2024 at 2:21 AM, Foobar said:

Of course the reporter has to put it across like it is a dirty secret and something that should be considered inappropriate!   It is no secret because all swimmers interviewed have openly said they pee in the pool.    It totally makes sense - when they train for hours they are not going to stop, get out and go to the toilet and then get back in again.   In a race situation they will pee whenever they get the chance.   And I know from my daughter that those skins that are worn for racing are not coming off to go to the toilet.  Once you are in them, you are staying in them until you are done.  They are a nightmare to get on when they are dry and I would say impossible when they are wet.

Edited by Alfresco
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2024 at 5:22 AM, CON2H4 said:

Kind of off topic, but this kind of reminds me of how the show Last Week Tonight introduced the ocean as the only place you can urinate within full view of a family of four and not be branded a sex offender. I don't know if the clip is available in the UK yet, but VPNs exist.

Good old John Oliver. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
20 hours ago, vivi54 said:

I don't get how anybody would find this scandalous? It was taken from his high school yearbook. It was a light-hearted joke in reference to those three girls taking over three spots on the student council previously held by boys. I guess he was on the council as well, which is why he's in the photo. It's one of those visual gags that implies "Oh no, the ladies are taking over."

"Unearthed a photo."

Attempting to make this corny ass joke a thing only makes the side who support women's rights look like uptight prudes. 

f they were actually peeing in those urinals with him watching...Now that would be a scandal!

9 hours ago, Hidengo said:

Given that Vance is part of a certain group that has an unnecessarily intense focus that on who meets certain criteria to use which bathrooms… the picture is rather ironic is all

That's right! Duh. I totally missed that part. I thought this was part of the Democrats "Weird" strategy. Where they're trying to make the case that he's creepy. It's an old GOP play. Just keep repeating the same phrases and accusations until voters believe it. 

Very harsh - not even like it was in a huge stadium either.  Although I guess you could argue it was very obvious what he was doing and there were probably all age groups including minors in the crowd so they had to be seen to do something - red card was a bit of overkill though.

• Agree 2
On 12/10/2023 at 10:35 PM, Alfresco said:

Elizabeth line had trains stranded for hours on Thursday due to overhead power line damage.   According to reports, the driver was letting people off the train to pee on the tracks, but some people peed on the train floor.   Rachel Riley and James Blunt were among the stranded passengers.  Would love to have seen if Rachel had to improvise.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trapped-passengers-urinate-train-elizabeth-line-delay-135139414.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMVmcYcnm4Ppa_KaIW614Nau0-KvhE5VVdXyWcxsTdX60OrSOmwLEHc70oUjq9h3WFrZCEjdikWMtRNWfVpvfj_FST6K7mUCblhjIwBfEKbU1SRM-QIbmNbmdWrPzu8jF_scH-dAsi3tOFCMUiLw8vWPIlNE_ikrpm74KKcE1yh7

the peeing even made it into the Guardian:

https://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/23976984.elizabeth-line-trapped-passengers-urinate-train/

on this Reddit thread it mentions people queuing up to use the loo, “and by loo I mean being let out of the cab to pee on the tracks”

it mentions that 

The thought of Rachel Riley squatting to piss in full public view is delicious. I'm sure she'd have carried it off with aplomb though.

• Agree 2