Carpet tile for peeing at home?

Apparently there is such a thing as carpet tile, which is a piece of carpet that is glued to a floor (usually concrete). Would this make it super easy to pee in various rooms? You could pee on a single piece of carpet tile as much as you like and then replace just that piece by pulling it out. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Carpet tiles I have seen tend to be quite small, about 12 inches / 30cm square. I might not be that accurate lol

Looking at B&Q all they have is 50cm2 so you were not far off! But yeah, pretty small. My puddle would likely exceed that. 

I've used an off cut of carpet in the past. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Looking at B&Q all they have is 50cm2 so you were not far off! But yeah, pretty small. My puddle would likely exceed that. 

I've used an off cut of carpet in the past. 

I should have checked sizes! I have used a small bathmat, but carpet offcut should be available soon when we redecorate the lounge 🙂

57 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

They tend to use those in stores. 

It sounds like fun though! Carry it around and whenever you have to go just go! Although if it's too small you run the risk of dribbling over lol.

You could buy a couple big carpet tiles and pee on them when you’re home alone. Just hide them in a closet or something.

When I take up the old living room carpet, would anyone like a piece? I can cut them to order. There maybe some guinea pig wee in one corner already, but otherwise it would be virgin carpet for peeing on

• Love 1

I had a carpet tile I used for peeing and it worked quite effectively. The trick for ladies is not necessarily to squat ON the tile but to place the tile where your puddle will form. I think I'll look into this again as I'm a clean freak and as much as I love doing it, I'm reluctant to pee on my own carpet.

Edited by ukpeegirl86
  • Like 1

I think the concern would be what is underneath the tile. I think it would work well on a concrete floor. I have a large area rug in my basement that I piss on. I’ve also used bath mats, and small washable rugs. The plus side to those is that you can wash it when it starts to smell terrible. 

I've seen carpet tiles mainly used in offices - they have advantages for offices including the fact that you can change a small area if it becomes damaged or soiled, you can lift a small area if you need to get under the floor (e.g. raised floors for cabling) and if you move furniture and have to re-cut holes for cables etc., then you can make it good without replacing the whole carpet.   I would tend to agree with @gldenwetgoose that they are usually short pile and I wouldn't expect them to be very good for absorbency.

The other option to consider is carpet samples.   A lot of carpet shops that sell good quality carpets don't keep them all in stock but have square samples - also about 18" square.   These are often bound together to display different carpets.   When a line is stopped then they get rid of the samples, often either offering them for free or a very small price to be used as door mats.   The advantage they have is that they are usually the better quality carpets which are deep pile and absorbent.   The disadvantage is that they are usually treated with ScotchGuard or similar stain repellents, which tend to stop the fibres sucking up the pee, so it can just run off. 

Overall though I think the washable bathmat is the answer - you can keep it in your house without needing to think up a reason, you can pee on it on the bathroom floor - any leakage you just mop up with a towel, and you chuck it in the wash when you are done, ready to put it down again for next time.

Here are the samples that I'm thinking of.  They come in lots of different colours, but that all adds to the fun:

Photograph of a carpet samples

Of course you could always fit several samples together to make a larger area cover if you like - particularly if you are good with a needle  These ones look to have a nice deep pile as well. 

Carpet Sample Area Rug | Sample rugs, Diy rug, Area rugs diy

• Like 3
  • Love 1