The PeeFans Sports Club

1 hour ago, LovesToWet said:

@Kupar

I was think we could set ourself personal monthly targets to hit. Nothing stupid so that's its achievable and we can report in each week to say how it's going and to encourage and support other people's efforts. And at the end of the month we say whether we hit our goals or not. 

Also, each month can be a different goal as I know I won't be able to do more miles in January than July. We could even change events each month, so you can do walking 1 month and swimming another etc. 

Sounds good. I'll think about a January target for me.

• Like 1
On 12/2/2022 at 7:05 PM, Sophie said:

After a bit of a stressful week I went for a bike ride after work and overdid it a little... 

I drove straight home after work, out of my uniform and into some grey joggers and a hoody. I went out on my hybrid so I didn't have any technology to distract me, no stress or pressure, I could just ride. There's a big hill near my house and for some reason I decided to tackle it in a higher gear than usual, and without really warming up, I had ridden maybe two miles. That was a big mistake. 

If anyone saw an out of breath blonde woman throwing up in a bush in Lidl car park, I can only apologise! 

I did it again...

Not as bad this time (mostly dry heaving). I MUST calm down and take it steady at the start. Go a different rouite and warm up on the flats before tackling any hills. About two miles before the hill again but it was almost entirely downhill so I hadn't warmed up. Did it in an easier gear at least!

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

@Sophie@Sophie it's good to get out though isn't  it.

I also went for a ride this morning. Made the mistake of being under dressed. It felt fine when I took out the rubbish before going for a ride but when I got out and got out into the countryside, the roads turned white and my hands froze so I turned around. Only managed 15miles

• Hug 1
1 minute ago, LovesToWet said:

I also went for a ride this morning. Made the mistake of being under dressed. It felt fine when I took out the rubbish before going for a ride but when I got out and got out into the countryside, the roads turned white and my hands froze so I turned around. Only managed 15miles

It was really nice to get out, especially because the roads were fairly quiet. My hands were absolutely frozen! I did about 10 miles in total so you did a lot better than me. The cold air was hurting my throat and I have a slight headache which I think is also related to the cold, I've been home for only a few minutes so I'm still thawing out.

• Like 1
  • Hug 2
18 hours ago, Bacardi said:

Hey I'm joining the sports club again lol. 

I got a mini treadmill for Christmas! Because walking is my favorite thing to do and I've lost a significant amount of weight doing it in the past. I want to work up to running on it but right now my stamina isn't there and truthfully I've never been a runner (see: gigantic DD boobs). 

Just yesterday I managed to walk a mile in half an hour. At work I can walk between 3 and 5 miles, so my goal is to be able to supplement my work exersise when I'm at home. So at some point I'm hoping to be able to walk for a little while longer too. We will just have to see when we get there. 

For now its Christmas and my diet is not that great so I'm cutting myself some slack lol.

Start small and slowly increase and you'll soon get there. 

I certainly don't blame you for enjoying Christmas, it's too nice not to enjoy off the food and drink.

Hope you had a great time

On 12/27/2022 at 9:26 PM, LovesToWet said:

Reminds me of the time I was determined to go for a swim….I wore a wetsuit into my parents pool, and when I got out my parents told me my feet had turned blue, so, there goes that idea! I love swimming, but the water is always cold here! 

• Hug 1
On 12/27/2022 at 11:10 PM, Bacardi said:

Hey I'm joining the sports club again lol. 

I got a mini treadmill for Christmas! Because walking is my favorite thing to do and I've lost a significant amount of weight doing it in the past. I want to work up to running on it but right now my stamina isn't there and truthfully I've never been a runner (see: gigantic DD boobs). 

Just yesterday I managed to walk a mile in half an hour. At work I can walk between 3 and 5 miles, so my goal is to be able to supplement my work exersise when I'm at home. So at some point I'm hoping to be able to walk for a little while longer too. We will just have to see when we get there. 

For now its Christmas and my diet is not that great so I'm cutting myself some slack lol.

Walking is great, and I have lost weight just by walking. Have you tried those really tight fitting sports bras? I know it is hard being a girl.😔

5 hours ago, Kupar said:

OK. I have finally had a chance to think about this. Here's what I'll be aiming for to kick the year off, and I am asking for your help in pushing me to do it.

January

• Run twice a week
  • 35 miles run in the month in total
  • 2 x 30-minute strength / flexibility exercise sessions per week

February

• Run three time a week
  • 45 miles run in the month in total
  • 2 x 40-minute strength / flexibility exercise sessions per week

Let's see if I can do it. I have a spreadsheet 😉 

Do you have a timetable; do you plan to do these exercises at a regular time/day during the week or do you just fit them into your day the best you can? I always wonder whether morning or afternoon exercise is more beneficial. It is hard for me to fit exercise in as I get up stupidly early, spend 3 hours on the road each day commuting, and my work has no hills or stairs, it is all flat. I have exercise videos, but it is hard to access the TV with all the gamers in my house! I got “Let’s Get Fit” on the Nintendo Switch for Christmas so, if I can get access to a spare TV, maybe I can start with that! I have been successful in losing weight before just by running around my backyard right before bed. 😊 (it means my body can burn fat as I fall asleep and there is no chance of me snacking after exercise!)

Good luck with your routine and I know your spreadsheet will cheer you on! Do you have a specific goal or aim to motivate you? Mine is to fit into my clothes better. Previously my goal was to be fit enough to get around Japan and run for the trains. That was a more exciting goal! 😊 Travel always motivates me! 

38 minutes ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

Walking is great, and I have lost weight just by walking. Have you tried those really tight fitting sports bras? I know it is hard being a girl.😔

No that sounds uncomfortable tho! I'm not trying to be squeezed into oblivion while running lol. At least in the comfort of my own home my boobs can fly freely. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Kupar said:

OK. I have finally had a chance to think about this. Here's what I'll be aiming for to kick the year off, and I am asking for your help in pushing me to do it.

January

• Run twice a week
  • 35 miles run in the month in total
  • 2 x 30-minute strength / flexibility exercise sessions per week

February

• Run three time a week
  • 45 miles run in the month in total
  • 2 x 40-minute strength / flexibility exercise sessions per week

Let's see if I can do it. I have a spreadsheet 😉 

That looks great. Good luck and of course we'll help keep you motivated. 

I spreadsheet is a great idea to help keep frack of things, I've been using them for years for my riding. 

You've got this mate

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bacardi said:

No that sounds uncomfortable tho! I'm not trying to be squeezed into oblivion while running lol. At least in the comfort of my own home my boobs can fly freely. 

Wear whatever will be comfortable and whatever you feel comfortable in. You won't want to go out if you don't feel at easy. 

Good luck hun, you'll be fine

• Agree 2
6 hours ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

Do you have a timetable; do you plan to do these exercises at a regular time/day during the week or do you just fit them into your day the best you can? I always wonder whether morning or afternoon exercise is more beneficial. It is hard for me to fit exercise in as I get up stupidly early, spend 3 hours on the road each day commuting, and my work has no hills or stairs, it is all flat. I have exercise videos, but it is hard to access the TV with all the gamers in my house! I got “Let’s Get Fit” on the Nintendo Switch for Christmas so, if I can get access to a spare TV, maybe I can start with that! I have been successful in losing weight before just by running around my backyard right before bed. 😊 (it means my body can burn fat as I fall asleep and there is no chance of me snacking after exercise!)

Good luck with your routine and I know your spreadsheet will cheer you on! Do you have a specific goal or aim to motivate you? Mine is to fit into my clothes better. Previously my goal was to be fit enough to get around Japan and run for the trains. That was a more exciting goal! 😊 Travel always motivates me! 

My main goal has always been to ensure I am healthy as I get older. I want to make sure I don't drop dead of a heart problem, or shuffle around as a bent-over old man. Also, I am quite vain and I want to look as good as I can lol.

I prefer running in the morning, ideally between ten and lunchtime, but indoor strength/mobility work I can do at any time. 

Good luck with finding a way to use the Switch 🙂

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kupar said:

My main goal has always been to ensure I am healthy as I get older. I want to make sure I don't drop dead of a heart problem, or shuffle around as a bent-over old man. Also, I am quite vain and I want to look as good as I can lol.

I prefer running in the morning, ideally between ten and lunchtime, but indoor strength/mobility work I can do at any time. 

Good luck with finding a way to use the Switch 🙂

Kupar, you ain’t ever getting old and will continue to be gorgeous forevermore. I have waved my magic wand, so mote it be….there!

But yes, you’ll still need to exercise. 💚😊

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

Yep, well I look young so, must be some magic in me, so I would be very happy to help by providing my font of eternal youth! Very happy indeed!💚

As with scientific papers hoping red wine is good for health, a flimsy excuse to do what you wanted to do anyway, so *dives enthusiastically* mmm gimme that

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

Yep, well I look young so, must be some magic in me, so I would be very happy to help by providing my font of eternal youth! Very happy indeed!💚

<Slurps noisily>

• Agree 2
  • Love 1