Question for all the writers out there

Sweets

I love sharing my naughty fantasies but as u can tell from most of my posts I have awful spelling and grammar.   I have 2 different learning disability that make writing hard for me.  When I was 6 months old I got chicken pox.  I had them so bad I even had them in my ears and I have scar tissue on my ear drums that make it hard from me to hear words like a normal person.  All the vowels Sound the same to me.  And I am tab bit ADD. My mind moves a million times a minute and my fingers don’t so I have a tendency to leave out small words. Most people can understand what I’m say. I know I drive the grammar nazis crazy 😜.  And then autocorrect hates me and makes me look even more stupid.

So here is my question where do u write your stories at so u can go back and proof read them.  I find when writing on here now like this it’s hard for me to pick up all my errors.  I don’t want to use my desk top.  I don’t want my husband to find them. So I have my phone or iPad.   
second question. Once I find a place to write some would anyone be willing to let me send them to them to proof over before I post the final copy.  
I have a vivid imagination and I have a lot of fantasies I have enjoyed sharing with a few people.  And I would like to post more here. 

I would like to thank everyone for going along with my bad grammar and not make fun of me and be rude. Some of my the people closes to me make fun of me about it and it can be hurtful at times.  It not something I can really help and I try to do my best.  ❤️❤️❤️

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Sunshine108 said:

What is a chicken pox?

A highly contagious viral infection causing an itchy, blister-like rash on the skin.
Chickenpox is highly contagious to those who haven't had the disease or been vaccinated against it.
  • Agree 2

The Apple Notes app on iphone or iPad will let you save, search, edit and you can lock notes with a password so that’s the easy answer. I’ve heard good things about an app called Scrivener, but this might be more appropriate for writing a book. (Disclaimer: I’m not a writer)

Message me any time for proofreads, but from what you’ve posted before I may only be editing with one hand 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Sweets,

You do extremely well, when telling your stories and fantasies, here. I would never have thought that you have any disabilities, from your writing. You certainly get your points and your imagery across, very effectively. I love reading your posts.

As you might imagine, from my age, I do my writing in a very old fashioned way, so my advice may not be of much help to you. I think oliver2 may have some very good advice for you, but I have no knowledge of, or experience with the apps he recommends.

For the record, I use an ascii text editor, "Textpad," from the UK, which I recommend very highly, to write, edit, save, and rewrite. It has a good spell checker, built in, and there is no limitation on file size, as there is with MS Notepad, for example. I write exclusively on a desktop, with a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard, and a huge Kensington trackball. I am the only person using this computer, so privacy is not a problem.

I would be honored to help you with proofreads, any time. Just message me.

Dr.P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Dr.P said:

@Sweets,

You do extremely well, when telling your stories and fantasies, here. I would never have thought that you have any disabilities, from your writing. You certainly get your points and your imagery across, very effectively. I love reading your posts.

As you might imagine, from my age, I do my writing in a very old fashioned way, so my advice may not be of much help to you. I think oliver2 may have some very good advice for you, but I have no knowledge of, or experience with the apps he recommends.

For the record, I use an ascii text editor, "Textpad," from the UK, which I recommend very highly, to write, edit, save, and rewrite. It has a good spell checker, built in, and there is no limitation on file size, as there is with MS Notepad, for example. I write exclusively on a desktop, with a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard, and a huge Kensington trackball. I am the only person using this computer, so privacy is not a problem.

I would be honored to help you with proofreads, any time. Just message me.

Dr.P

I like using the desk top but it is my husbands. I do type much better with a key board.  I can type 55 words a minute using it and I do have less typos.  And those programs don’t change your text like the iPhone.   But I’m stuck with the phone or iPad.  Thanks for your advice. Hammerheadpoilet suggested I hid my notepad too. Other people have access to my phone sometimes and I don’t what the wrong person reading my stories.  They will be just for here with people who understand and no judgement 😘

• Love 3

Hi @Sweets - - happy nearly New Year...

I've written a few stories in the past and like Oli has suggested I've used the word processor app on my desktop computer - and set a simple password on the saved file.  I use a Mac and the autocorrect / autocomplete sometimes works well, at other times is a complete chocolate teapot.

Add to that I've saved the file onto a removable hard drive / USB stick which isn't accessible on the computer all the time.  In my case, I've also used my file explorer to set the file's properties to 'hidden' so that it is invisible to a casual browse of the drive.  That's getting a bit more geeky though.

Finally - I'm more than happy to proofread for you and gently edit....  I might have to take a few relief breaks though.... 😉

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

Unfortunately, as far as editing goes, you might just have to find a fellow writer (or editor), willing and able to edit your stories, given that you're stuck with the two least-recommended devices I can think of for writing.

Normally, I would recommend using OpenOffice Writer with the LanguageTool add-on installed, as that would check not only your spelling, but also your grammar. But to my knowledge, you have to have to a computer for the setup, because there isn't an app for LanguageTool that I've seen, and OpenOffice is a whole suite of tools; it's basically an open-source/free alternative to microsoft office.

It should be noted that you can save OpenOffice Writer files with a password (when you go to save, check the box that says something like 'save with password' and it will prompt you to enter one).

If scrivener has an app, as indicated, then I'd go with that as a first step, because a lot of writers use scrivener for pc.

Edited by PissFanOmega
  • Thanks 1

@gldenwetgoose,

Thanks for mentioning the USB stick, which I use exclusively, for storing my erotic writings and back-ups. I always disconnect these from the computer, and put them away, in a safe location, when I am not on my computer.

PissFanOmega has some very good suggestions, also.

If I write something on the desk top and save it on the usb stick. You can’t see what was written in the computer.  I try to stay away from the desk top my husband knows computers much better than me and can track things really well so I stay off it except to pay bills.  I know how to hid my tracks on my phone. 

• Like 1
Guest UnabashedUser

For writing I use Sophocles for scene scripting and Verse Perfect for stories and songs. Usually finalize for pub with Open Office at the end of the writing.

These prgs are for desktop though, so not much help for you. Frankly I'd be stumped having to do anything serious on a 'phone. Need a keyboard for serious work.

Be glad to help you proof your work though. Just buzz me on the DM. 

Sweets, the only thing I would say is don't let any of your shortcomings stand in the way of your posting, please. We love what you write so much and it inspires us all; no-one here would be critical of any mistake, or even notice them, you write so passionately and thats what we all love about you, truly....

• Agree 2
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2019 at 7:13 PM, Sweets said:

I can type 55 words a minute using it and I do have less typos.  And those programs don’t change your text like the iPhone.   But I’m stuck with the phone or iPad.

Just a thought. Can you get a bluetooth keyboard to use with your phone or tablet?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, Sweets said:

I could try that I’ll look into it 

i was going to suggest the same! but someone beat me to it. 

you write very well sweets, i’d not have known this was a concern of yours. i’d be happy to proofread anything. not to toot my horn, but i have a bit of a fetish for grammar. lol. though, i kinda get busy with life, so time is not always a luxury of mine

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/29/2019 at 11:25 PM, Sweets said:

Later on in life as we get older we can get shingles from having chicken pox.  

Shingles are worse lol. My dad didnt get chicken box as a kid but he came got shingles about 3 years ago. Very painful. 

1 hour ago, speedy3471 said:

Shingles are worse lol. My dad didnt get chicken box as a kid but he came got shingles about 3 years ago. Very painful. 

I have not had shingles but my mother did and I another relative.  They were worried out it getting in there eyes I guess it can make u blind.  I know my mom was hurting for about a week and we al had to stay away from her.  My kids never had them.  I think they got the shot. They didn’t have the vaccine when I was a kid. But I was to young to get it anyway.  It’s very unusual for a 6 month old to get them.  I was a very sick baby. My mom said she felt lick that she went home to my grandmas house my dad was out to sea.  My cousin is a doctor came to the house to treat me and check up on me. They don’t want to see you at the doctor office or hospital because they are contagious.  In the 70’s doctors still did house calls 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

I had chicken pox as a kid. I think kids are vaccinated against it today, but back then it was considered normal. It was even considered desirable to catch it as a kid cos then you'd be immune to it again for life and also immune to the adult variant called Shingles, which amongst other things was known to be a cause of impotence.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Sweets said:

In the 70’s doctors still did house calls 

House calls are a thing of the past hey? My dad said he hurt like hell when he had shingles, but he didn't have chicken pox when he was a kid

• Like 2
On 12/30/2019 at 4:56 AM, Sweets said:

I love sharing my naughty fantasies but as u can tell from most of my posts I have awful spelling and grammar.   I have 2 different learning disability that make writing hard for me.  When I was 6 months old I got chicken pox.  I had them so bad I even had them in my ears and I have scar tissue on my ear drums that make it hard from me to hear words like a normal person.  All the vowels Sound the same to me.  And I am tab bit ADD. My mind moves a million times a minute and my fingers don’t so I have a tendency to leave out small words. Most people can understand what I’m say. I know I drive the grammar nazis crazy 😜.  And then autocorrect hates me and makes me look even more stupid.

So here is my question where do u write your stories at so u can go back and proof read them.  I find when writing on here now like this it’s hard for me to pick up all my errors.  I don’t want to use my desk top.  I don’t want my husband to find them. So I have my phone or iPad.   
second question. Once I find a place to write some would anyone be willing to let me send them to them to proof over before I post the final copy.  
I have a vivid imagination and I have a lot of fantasies I have enjoyed sharing with a few people.  And I would like to post more here. 

I would like to thank everyone for going along with my bad grammar and not make fun of me and be rude. Some of my the people closes to me make fun of me about it and it can be hurtful at times.  It not something I can really help and I try to do my best.  ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks for sharing that, Sweets.  However good or bad our English is, we all make typos and mistakes, sometimes unintentionally missing words out.  I can proof check a piece of my own work four times and still not see all the errors.  For that reason I think it's important to have another pair of eyes do it.  I'd be very happy to proof read and correct any stories you write.  Please PM me if you'd like me to do that.   

• Like 1