What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

14 hours ago, Kupar said:

One of my favorite songs for it brings back beautiful memories: I was 16 years old, dancing to this song, and the very hot and sweet girl I was dancing with whispered in my ear: "Yes, K., you've got a friend..."  

Even today, almost 50 years later, I have a very vivid memory of that magic moment. Thank you, @Kupar!

• Love 1

I'm sure this must have been posted before...

Backstory to posting it now - last night, visiting son at university in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, we ended the evening in a cool underground bar.  One of those tiny places, with quirky shabby decor, sensibly priced drinks and a great atmosphere.  Just after we arrived the evening's band took to the stage, just three guys.

Now, you know when you get a really talented band who can nail any cover song in their own style, but will only ever be playing in pubs - last night's band were exactly that band, and in Dire Straits home town they covered this song.  A song about musicians who'll never make the big time, covered by a band who'll never make the big time - but appreciated nonetheless.

• Like 1
  • Love 3