What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, PixieRyder said:

Go ahead laugh if you want to....I am thoroughly enjoying Popa Chubby's  (Ted Horowitz) cover of Six Days on the Road.

Feel-good music - how can you not like it?! Such *happy* guitar playing - thank you 🙂 

Icky weather, can't sleep, cat is acting strange and my last four choices on YT have been

Change It - SRV & Double Trouble Live at the Capitol Theater

Layla - Eric, Jeff, Jimmy and many others at ARMS Benefit

Rock and Roll - Foo Zep Live at Wembley

Simple Man - Warren Haynes and David Grohl 

• Love 4

Nightly - Twenty Something

With the following modifications:

• Tempo increased to 127 BPM from 99.9 BPM
  • EQ applied to first verse and first pre-chorus
  • Key signature changed from A major to B major
3 hours ago, dltq said:

Nightly - Twenty Something

With the following modifications:

• Tempo increased to 127 BPM from 99.9 BPM
  • EQ applied to first verse and first pre-chorus
  • Key signature changed from A major to B major

Wow! Has it improved it then? I'm interested in why you raised the pitch.

13 hours ago, Kupar said:

Wow! Has it improved it then? I'm interested in why you raised the pitch.

To me, yes. The original is way too slow, so I tried increasing the tempo. Initially my preference was 115 BPM, then it increased over time to 120 BPM, and now it hovers around the 125-128 BPM range. And I actually have six different versions of Twenty Something saved in my music folder (all with EQ and at 127 BPM) but in different key signatures:

• A♭ major (original)
  • A major (+1)
  • B♭ major (+2)
  • B major (+3)
  • C major (+4)
  • D♭ major (+5)

I pay a lot of attention to key signatures because I've noticed that you can make the same song sound almost completely different just by changing the key.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, dltq said:

pay a lot of attention to key signatures because I've noticed that you can make the same song sound almost completely different just by changing the key.

Interesting - thanks. You will be aware of course that concert pitch these days (A=440Hz) is quite a bit higher than baroque pitch, so 'authentic' performances of Bach, Handel etc sound completely different. And that's before we get into a discussion of equal temperament! I'm not sure that it's possible to associate different keys with different moods though.

Not intentionally linking the ukulele thing....

Walking through a busy city this afternoon enjoying the spring sunshine, and through the noise of the city traffic and bustle of shoppers, we walked past a busker absolutely nailing this song.  It's a firm favourite from the TV series 'Life On Mars', but they absolutely knocked it out of the park.

Slightly bizarrely as we walked into Lush, was my wife announcing that if she happened to pass away before me (very unlikely for various reasons) then this is the song to be played at her funeral.

Even more bizarrely was my wife then telling me she has my funeral planned - nobody is to wear formal somber suits, instead people are to wear T shirts expressing their connection with me, where they met me, how they know me, that sort of thing - so that'll be an interesting one for all you guys to explain why you've all got plain yellowish T shirts on...

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
  • Love 1
Guest ShyPeeMan
On 3/6/2022 at 10:35 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

Not intentionally linking the ukulele thing....

Amazing song, he did a great version where he mixes this and A Wonderful World. Brilliant.