Peeing after Ultrasound

1 minute ago, Kelly2699 said:

The relief afterwards is the most amazing feeling after holding a very full bladder and the doctor pressing on your bladder.

Oh my god yes! Luckily there was a bathroom just outside! Makes me want another child just to relive that experience 😊

• Cheeky 1
On 3/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, Mamabear93 said:

It is very uncomfortable for sure! They tell you to drink a crazy amount of water and a lot of times your appointment is running late, so you're holding your pee foreverrrr. Then they put cold jelly on your abdomen and press a little wand HARD onto your bladder while you struggle not to pee yourself. One OB clinic I went to actually had a disclaimer on their website saying not to be embarrassed if you wet yourself, because "it is common". Luckily I never did, but I saw another woman do it. I had just got done with my ultrasound and raced to the bathroom for the longest pee of my life... I opened the stall door afterwards just as a panicked woman clamored in, undoing a drawstring on her pants with one hand and holding herself with the other. I heard her practically pissing a hole through the toilet as I stood at the sink, but when she came out she went to the front desk with pants wet to the knees, so she obviously didn't quite make it. They made her reschedule because she hadn't even been seen yet and a full bladder was required. 

That would suck.

1 minute ago, Chrissy89 said:

Oh my god yes! Luckily there was a bathroom just outside! Makes me want another child just to relive that experience 😊

I have had lots of ultrasounds before and I thought it was hard to hold it then, if I was pregnant I wouldn't have been able to hold it and would probably pee on the table.

• Hug 1
1 minute ago, Kelly2699 said:

I have had lots of ultrasounds before and I thought it was hard to hold it then, if I was pregnant I wouldn't have been able to hold it and would probably pee on the table.

As my pregnancy went on, holding it became harder and harder. Leakage was quite common

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
7 minutes ago, Chrissy89 said:

As my pregnancy went on, holding it became harder and harder. Leakage was quite common

I bet it would. At my local ultrasound clinic pregnant women only have to drink 700 mililitres of water 30 minutes before, women (not pregnant) have to drink 1 liter of water 1 hour before and men have to drink 1.5 liters 2 hours before.

• 5 months later...

I haven’t had to worry about it, but I went to an ultrasound with my ex wife for our firstborn. She was very legalistic about following instructions. She drank the recommended amount of fluids before hand. But since doctors aren’t trained to keep appointments in med school, hers ran late. She had to beg the receptionist to let a little bit out. Then, when she was called back, her bladder was too full so she had to let more out. 

She didn’t share my fascination, so that’s all I have to go on. 

On 6/4/2023 at 4:51 AM, Wetbedfan said:

So first post for me as I am a lurker!

I had IVF for all of my children. This included 4 embryo transfers over a period of 6 years. 
For this you need a full bladder, they then keep you waiting forever while they’re running late. 
You go into the room, undress, get on the bed and your legs go up on the stirrups. They then put a speculum in, press hard down on your bladder to check they can see. Then while they are pressing the probe on your bladder, they pass a catheter containing your embryo through your cervix to transplant the embryo onto your uterus lining. 
This is all done with a full bladder, legs apart and up in stirrups with a speculum in and pressure on the bladder. 
The toilet was right outside but you have to get dressed and walk into the waiting room to get to the toilets. 
Luckily I always made it but not everyone did. It was crazy. 
Anyway. That’s all for my first post!!

I wonder why it's done with a full bladder--is it because it gives something solid to push against to help spread your cervix?

I'm not a medical expert,  but my understanding is that the ultrasound works by sensor creating very high frequency vibrations which travel from the probe through the body's tissue, reflecting back as they hit different parts of the body.

Those vibrations don't travel too well through free air space, so the technician puts the gel on the skin to create a better conduction path.  And in the same way having a full bladder will help full form a good path for the vibrations to travel through until they reach tissue and bone to reflect them back, as well as taking up free space in the abdomen which otherwise wouldn't conduct so well.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I'm not a medical expert,  but my understanding is that the ultrasound works by sensor creating very high frequency vibrations which travel from the probe through the body's tissue, reflecting back as they hit different parts of the body.

Those vibrations don't travel too well through free air space, so the technician puts the gel on the skin to create a better conduction path.  And in the same way having a full bladder will help full form a good path for the vibrations to travel through until they reach tissue and bone to reflect them back, as well as taking up free space in the abdomen which otherwise wouldn't conduct so well.

That explains why it's needed for ultrasound, but not for IVF. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 7:51 AM, Wetbedfan said:

So first post for me as I am a lurker!

I had IVF for all of my children. This included 4 embryo transfers over a period of 6 years. 
For this you need a full bladder, they then keep you waiting forever while they’re running late. 
You go into the room, undress, get on the bed and your legs go up on the stirrups. They then put a speculum in, press hard down on your bladder to check they can see. Then while they are pressing the probe on your bladder, they pass a catheter containing your embryo through your cervix to transplant the embryo onto your uterus lining. 
This is all done with a full bladder, legs apart and up in stirrups with a speculum in and pressure on the bladder. 
The toilet was right outside but you have to get dressed and walk into the waiting room to get to the toilets. 
Luckily I always made it but not everyone did. It was crazy. 
Anyway. That’s all for my first post!!

I'm not sure how you were able to hold it, that's some bladder control.

• Agree 1
22 hours ago, weequeen said:

when I was younger I had to have an ultrasound for my pelvic (not pregnancy) and I had to drink a ton of water beforehand. I remember having to wait and the pressure on my bladder was a lot. At that time I was already into desperation so it wasn't the first time I had held my pee for long time, but not in the context that if I leaked it would be in a doctor office lol. I had undone my jeans button to relieve some of the pressure. By the time I changed into the gown they give, I had to carefully get on the table or a spurt would have escaped. I was determined to not pee on that table (both because not the time and place for me, but also I didn't want to have to wait again for the ultrasound). The tech pressed low on my abdomen with both her hands and the wand thing and oh man I had to piss so bad. I wasn't thinking of anything other than needing to pee, one of most desperate I've ever had. I remember lightly trickling some in my underwear and I was minutes from bursting beyond my control. When it was finally over the tech left me to dress and said how the bathroom was connected to the test room. I swung my legs over the side and I did let out a bit of pee then, just a small wet spot on the paper on the exam table. I clenched my hand over my pussy and went over to the bathroom, moved my underwear down and I sat to have one of the most bursting pees in my life! It had to go on for over a minute. The relief after felt AMAZING.

Thank you for sharing!

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 12:04 AM, UltrasoundGirlRebecca said:

I overestimated my ability to hold it for one of my many ultrasounds, I was extremely desperate in the waiting room and I leaked like crazy while the doctor pushed on my bladder. I drank almost 2 liters of water.

Same here, thankfully the nurses were very kind and comforting and encouraged me to hold it throughout the procedure

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Hot 2
  • 1 month later...

Do you think there is a chance that some dr may do it on purpose especially knowing there is a chance you could leak or show how desperate you are and it is a turn on for them. I’m sure they have seen lots of pee dances and wet spots 

• Hot 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/5/2023 at 6:04 AM, UltrasoundGirlRebecca said:

I overestimated my ability to hold it for one of my many ultrasounds, I was extremely desperate in the waiting room and I leaked like crazy while the doctor pushed on my bladder. I drank almost 2 liters of water.

This is super hot tbh ..! In which state did you reach the toilet after your your ultrasound was done..? 😉

7 hours ago, UltrasoundGirlRebecca said:

I had a really noticeable wet spot on my crotch and my red leggings didn't help. I was BURSTING by the time I reached the toilet.

I am sure that felt amazing to let it out after such a procedure. I hope they gave you a good toilet and privacy so you could relax and just let it all go.