Gunpowder club

spywareonya

2 minutes ago, Daniel_defo said:

It`s absolutely silent and has smooth recoil, which is ideal for target practice

To me, there's more

A silent a recoil-less weapon is some kind of elegant, spiritual tool, transforming killing from a necessity into an Art

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, fannywatcher said:

Stalingrad was when the Germans KNEW they would lose the war...serve them right dumb asses.

Oh yes… I cannot imagine what would be the world by now if they won… an Empire which considers a normal thing to murder millions of people

Edited by spywareonya
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, fannywatcher said:

Stalingrad was when the Germans KNEW they would lose the war...serve them right dumb asses.

Stalingrad battle was one of the toughest in history. I heard many stories from veterans of that combat at school in Russia.
BTW, operation "Uranus" was geniusly  planned by military commanders Marshal  Timoshenko and Rokossovsky

Edited by Daniel_defo
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, spywareonya said:

Holy shit this is out of my mind

To actually hear, listen from them… amazing

Incredible!

Well, their stories were really frightening. They were not about heroism of Red Army(which politicians usually tell), they were about the horrific tortures that the German soldiers had arranged. These stories were about the fear of death. People did not know if they would survive until tomorrow.
Once veteran told us that Germans captured his friend, while they were on night watch. And he spend the whole night, listening to the horrific cries of his friend. but he wasn`t able to save him. 

Edited by Daniel_defo
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Daniel_defo said:

Well, their stories were really frightening. They were not about heroism of Red Army, they were about the horrific tortures that the German soldiers had arranged. These stories were about the fear of death. People did not know if they would survive until tomorrow.
Once veteran told us that Germans captured his friend, while they were on night watch. And he spend the whole night, listening to the horrific cries of his friend. but he wasn`t able to save him. 

I cleared and started writing again up to 5, now 6 times

I have no words for this

Only respect

I suggest, everybody reading these lines, to take a second in his heart, for a wordless toast to the Fallen

• Love 2

Oh,and the onslaught of about 50,000 of these.T-34 tanks.By the near end of the war outnumbered the panzers by about 8 to 1.They could produce 10 of these for every 1 panzer made.

Even while the battles of Stalingrad,or Leningrad were raging,they were being made in the same city,unfinshed and driven to the front.

This is a 1943 model,with a 76mm gun,later version had a 85mm gun,more able to take on the more heavier but less effective,more cumbersome,panzers.

T34.jpg

• Hot 2
6 hours ago, fannywatcher said:

Oh,and the onslaught of about 50,000 of these.T-34 tanks.By the near end of the war outnumbered the panzers by about 8 to 1.They could produce 10 of these for every 1 panzer made.

Even while the battles of Stalingrad,or Leningrad were raging,they were being made in the same city,unfinshed and driven to the front.

This is a 1943 model,with a 76mm gun,later version had a 85mm gun,more able to take on the more heavier but less effective,more cumbersome,panzers.

T34.jpg

The Russians were the first to use sloped armour in their tank designs. The German panther tank was modeled after the Russian t 34

• Like 1
5 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

admire

Yes

Indeed

5 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

The Russians were the first to use sloped armour in their tank designs. The German panther tank was modeled after the Russian t 34

Often, war are won by people inventing something first

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, fannywatcher said:

I think in WW2 many innovations were copied quickly by the enemies.Like the German StG 44 rifle (Sturmgewehr)was the inspiration behind the AK47..

Yes, captured StG 44 were the basis for the first draft of the MikhTim, later to become AK 47, yet in the Kalasnikov case it's a marvellous story of crafting from very little of already existing

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The German Maschinegewehr 42(MG 42).Introduced around 1942-43 as the replacement for the previous MG34,infantry squad support,this weapon was made of stamped pressings,much simpler to produce.Also much more robust in the field,being less likely to be fouled by dirt and mud than its predecessor.

Used in infantry squads,1 per squad,of about 12 men in support.Probably very deadly when used in  defensive position.

It was infamous among Allied troops who called it "Hitlers buzzsaw",with its rate of fire up to 1200 rpm.This would require the barrel to be changed which could be done quite easily.Troops were trained to not fire in long ammunition wasting bursts,but shorter bursts.It could be used on a tripod,or its own bipod.Either loaded with a small round magazine,for A.A use,or belt fed,with a loader.

Weighing around 25ibs slightly lighter than the MG 34,about 4 1/2 feet in length.Calibre 7.92mm.

Photographs show a crew from the elite "Grossdeutschland" Panzer Division,on the Eastern Front,using the tripod.The shoulder straps have in gothic lettering the initials"GD",for Grossdeutschland,also on the right sleeve the title "Grossdeutschland",Waffen-SS divisions,such as the "Hohenstaufen",9th SS Pz-Div,wore a simliar title on the sleeve.It fought exclusively on the E.Front..Also,some Fallschirmjager,Paratroops,fighting at Monte Cassino in Italy.By this stage in 1943-44,the Fallschirmjager were really used as infantry,Hitler forbade large scale Airborne assaults after the battle of Crete in 1941,in which they suffered losses of about 25%,some small scale drops were done,such as an attempt to capture Marshal Tito in Yugoslavia,and during the opening of the Ardennes attack,which was abortive.

Mg42 (1).jpg

mg42.jpg

fall.jpg

Edited by fannywatcher
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, fannywatcher said:

The German Maschinegewehr 42(MG 42).Introduced around 1942-43 as the replacement for the previous MG34,infantry squad support,this weapon was made of stamped pressings,much simpler to produce.Also much more robust in the field,being less likely to be fouled by dirt and mud than its predecessor.

Used in infantry squads,1 per squad,of about 12 men in support.Probably very deadly when used in  defensive position.

It was infamous among Allied troops who called it "Hitlers buzzsaw",with its rate of fire up to 1200 rpm.This would require the barrel to be changed which could be done quite easily.Troops were trained to not fire in long ammunition wasting bursts,but shorter bursts.It could be used on a tripod,or its own bipod.Either loaded with a small round magazine,for A.A use,or belt fed,with a loader.

Weighing around 25ibs slightly lighter than the MG 34,about 4 1/2 feet in length.Calibre 7.92mm.

Photographs show a crew from the elite "Grossdeutschland" Panzer Division,on the Eastern Front,using the tripod.The shoulder straps have in gothic lettering the initials"GD",for Grossdeutschland,also on the right sleeve the title "Grossdeutschland",Waffen-SS divisions,such as the "Hohenstaufen",9th SS Pz-Div,wore a simliar title on the sleeve.It fought exclusively on the E.Front..Also,some Fallschirmjager,Paratroops,fighting at Monte Cassino in Italy.By this stage in 1943-44,the Fallschirmjager were really used as infantry,Hitler forbade large scale Airborne assaults after the battle of Crete in 1941,in which they suffered losses of about 25%,some small scale drops were done,such as an attempt to capture Marshal Tito in Yugoslavia,and during the opening of the Ardennes attack,which was abortive.

Mg42 (1).jpg

mg42.jpg

fall.jpg

The American m60 machine gun was based on the mg 42. There is a variant of the mg 42 that is still used today, its known as the mg3. Its rechambered in 7.62x51 instead of 7.92x57

• Like 3

@fannywatcher

@speedy3471

Yes, I knew the MG 42, as though I woudn't bet my life on that, I am quite sure I saw it in a museum about WW2 when I was at school

It's nick name, Hitler's Buzzsaw, was sadly well-deserved, as its utilizers were highly trained in fire short burts followed by aim-adjusting, keeping it deadly in both accuracy and power

Sad to admit, but it was a Majestic item

• Like 1
  • Love 2

It’s not mine, the one of my stepmother actually but I shot it some times, it looked so beautiful that i decided to take that picture then

its only a cute little cal. 22 so no recoil and not much damage, also very light 

you can see that it has engraving and is customised, a real story isn’t there I guess 

• Like 1
  • Love 1