Gunpowder club

spywareonya

2 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

One of my favorite rifle calibers is the 7.62x54R. It was designed in Russia in 1891 and is still in use today. Recoil is very manageable in my svt40 and mosin nagant 91/30. When I shoot my m44 carbine produces some stout recoil lol

I am in love with CAL50

I have a psychological thing for effectiveness

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, bpb said:

When I was in the service with the US Army I learned to fire the Garand M1, and fired it on a rifle range.
I had to learn to fire it left handed as my right eye was not good enough to be used.

I did not mention one of the interesting aspects of firing an M1 left  handed.
When the shell casing is ejected it make an arc up over and slightly back on the right hand side of the weapon.
When firing left handed my head was somewhere in that arc.
Of course being in the army I would be wearing a helmet liner.  I also had to make very sure that my collar was well tucked up under my helmet liner so that no errant spent shell could find its way inside my collar.  Oh! that would have hurt!

• Haha 1

The 9mm parabellum and the 7.92x57mm rounds were used by both the allies and axis powers during the second world war. The 9mm was used in both German and British pistols and smgs. While the 7.92 was used in machine guns in British and German armies 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
13 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

The 9mm parabellum and the 7.92x57mm rounds were used by both the allies and axis powers during the second world war. The 9mm was used in both German and British pistols and smgs. While the 7.92 was used in machine guns in British and German armies 

Machine guns are an item I particularly love

I am fascinated by big cartridges, but indeed the shower of rounds delivered by rapid-fire weapons is effective and paramount

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

Machine guns are an item I particularly love

I am fascinated by big cartridges, but indeed the shower of rounds delivered by rapid-fire weapons is effective and paramount

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the German mg42 was the king of rapid fire. And accurate as well. 3 to 5 round bursts from a mg is very effective against advancing infantry

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

And naughty boys lol

Aahahahaha you can definitely say that!!!

I have to admit I never fingered with a CAL 50, but it could be an interesting experience… it also got the perfect shape!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, UnabashedUser said:

Between 4 and 6 dollars PER ROUND and  used in a $3500 Barrett, you got to be filthy rich to  participate.

These are the numbers…?

WOW… shit… I usually am against stuff for riches-only… but CAL 50 is something I love too much… like jewels ahahaha they are both expensive… where would the world end up, if we women weren't a bit of a whore?🤣

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

The ammo is about $10 to $12 per round here. Hand loading is the way to go with this caliber. 

Hell a decent rifle and optics can cost upward of $9000.00 here

Holy shit.

Where I live it's much cheaper (not divulging too much, sorry)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

These are the numbers…?

WOW… shit… I usually am against stuff for riches-only… but CAL 50 is something I love too much… like jewels ahahaha they are both expensive… where would the world end up, if we women weren't a bit of a whore?🤣

The world would be a boring place hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, spywareonya said:

Holy shit.

Where I live it's much cheaper (not divulging too much, sorry)

No worries. Things are EXPENSIVE here. We are taxed to death, seems our PM gives us a new tax every year. He is bringing in a carbon tax now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1