Peeing While Boating?

The 4th of July is a huge holiday here in the US, and since it's in the middle of the summer, people celebrate outdoors, with cookouts and outdoor activities.

The area where I live is near a large lake, and in-between several other smaller lakes. As such, boating is a very common summertime activity, especially around the 4th of July holiday.

Many of the boaters drink heavily while boating/celebrating. They'll anchor the boat and spend the whole day on the boat partying and drinking beer. Most non-commercial / smaller boats that a family or individual would use do not have a bathroom. 

So I've always been curious how / where people pee while boating? The obvious answer would seem to be over the side. But what about when it's men and women partying together? Is it just umderstood/unspoken that people pee off the back of the boat? 

What about when there are hundreds of boats together, and the back of one boat is only a few feet from the next boat? Do people just see each other pee all the time?

Another potential answer is to jump in the water to swim when one needs to pee. But the lake water is pretty cold (about 60° F right now), so I don't imagine everyone does that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Kirby23 said:

So I've always been curious how / where people pee while boating? The obvious answer would seem to be over the side. But what about when it's men and women partying together? Is it just umderstood/unspoken that people pee off the back of the boat? 

The short answer is, yes. We boaters, both men and women, tend to pee over the side. Sometimes together 😁, but usually one at a time.

The more discreet often use a bucket and dump it when they are done. But, since the boating community is a pretty close one, most consider that a waste of effort and time.

• Like 2
  • Hot 1

@glad1 Thanks! So, given that, is it easy for someone to watch a member of the opposite sex pee if one wanted to? I'm imagining a small / personal boat doesn't afford much privacy. 

Do women usually pull their bottoms down, or just go through their swimsuits?

Any sightings / stories to share?

On a small open boat, you're almost never never more than a few feet from one. Often people who never knew each other when they stepped aboard become best friends by the time they get back ashore.

The general protocol among boaters is not to stare, but that doesn't mean we're always going to look away.

One memorable situation was when I shared a 20-foot boat with a male colleague and four post-college age women for a day. By the time we returned, all but one had peed over the side. I don't remember anybody going through their swimsuit either.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Kirby23 said:

@glad1 Thanks! So, given that, is it easy for someone to watch a member of the opposite sex pee if one wanted to? I'm imagining a small / personal boat doesn't afford much privacy. 

Do women usually pull their bottoms down, or just go through their swimsuits?

Any sightings / stories to share?

I have a boat and my wife and I use it often, depending who’s around she will either pee through her bikini bottoms or if it’s just her and I she will either pull them down or reach under and pull it to the side 

Just now, Pinguy94 said:

I have a boat and my wife and I use it often, depending who’s around she will either pee through her bikini bottoms or if it’s just her and I she will either pull them down or reach under and pull it to the side 

We have friends who frequently come on the boat with use the women generally just sit on the edge and go but it really depends if there swimming right away or not weather they pull it to the side or not

In the 1990s, I did a lot of sailing (both inshore and offshore), and us guys would often just pee off the stern - making sure we held on to something securely.  I can't swear to the veracity of this, but at one stage the US Coast Guard reported that over 50% of drowned males they recovered had their flies undone, and their penis hanging out.  So, either, before they died they decided to have one last wank, or fell overboard peeing.

12 minutes ago, Maclir said:

In the 1990s, I did a lot of sailing (both inshore and offshore), and us guys would often just pee off the stern - making sure we held on to something securely.  I can't swear to the veracity of this, but at one stage the US Coast Guard reported that over 50% of drowned males they recovered had their flies undone, and their penis hanging out.  So, either, before they died they decided to have one last wank, or fell overboard peeing.

As a sailor, I've done my share of standing and the stern and checking the wake. (No, the photo isn't me. I have much better equipment and a longer trajectory.)

sailboatpee_94865.jpg

@Kirby23  This thread shows a lot of pictures demonstrating various techniques that are used.   They vary from discretely sitting on the rail and peeing through bikini through hanging over the side with or without bikini removed to blatantly exposing everything and spraying out over the side.

• Like 1
  • Love 1