View from the tractor cab

1 hour ago, Peefreak99 said:

What are those screens for in the first pic?

The screen to the left controls every function on the seeder, including mapping. It's a $30,000 monitor lol.

The screen to the right controls everything on the tractor. My tractor has GPS auto steer. It drives strait down the field by itself and turns around on the end of the field by its self 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Hot 1
15 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

The screen to the left controls every function on the seeder, including mapping. It's a $30,000 monitor lol.

The screen to the right controls everything on the tractor. My tractor has GPS auto steer. It drives strait down the field by itself and turns around on the end of the field by its self 

Holy fuck

AMAZING

And to think I was considering leaving this forum

You guys are impossibly great

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

Holy fuck

AMAZING

And to think I was considering leaving this forum

You guys are impossibly great

Thank you so much. You are wonderful yourself, thank you for staying

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

Technology is so cool now, I remember when tractors had buttons with a hare and a tortoise and pretty much nothing else. I done some broad acre spraying a while back, it was GPS controlled too. It even took the 45 meter boom into its calculation, and turned you around accordingly. Felt kind of embarrassed to be sitting in an air conditioned cab, doing nothing.

• Like 3

Thru GPS mapping the seeder knows where it's been and lifts out of the ground. I can set a field boundry and it will only seed within the boundry. I can drive out in the neighbors field and it will not drip and seed his field

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Yeah, the sprayer did the same, it overlapped the previous pass by 1 meter, and when you done the boundary limit, it would shut down some of the nozzles so it didn't go over the fence line. This wasn't a tractor trailer thing, it's a self contained, purpose built sprayer, weird looking thing, but it worked well.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

Yeah, the sprayer did the same, it overlapped the previous pass by 1 meter, and when you done the boundary limit, it would shut down some of the nozzles so it didn't go over the fence line. This wasn't a tractor trailer thing, it's a self contained, purpose built sprayer, weird looking thing, but it worked well.

A high clearance sprayer, we have one of those. Ours has 120 foot booms 36.5 meters. My brother runs it. It does the same, shuts off when overlapping

• Like 3
  • Hot 1
6 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Technology in agriculture equipment has come so far in 10 years, its crazy

Literally.  NO exaggeration here...I’ve run some farm equipment.  Nothing like that, but more than a lot of people.  I’m familiar with the stuff, so I’m serious when I say this.   I’ve literally flown airplanes less complex than the stuff you’re operating. The airplane I rent for fun cost far less brand new than any one of those units.  Farmers are a severely under appreciated and under paid resource on this planet.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Nice do you have any more cool stuff you can show?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1