What took the forum down for a week???

2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Hi bpb, I'm in the process of fully restoring the site - a full explanation and details of what's happening will be posted shortly. :) 

Many Thanks!

The site will be transferred to a new server tomorrow so there may be some further very brief downtime (nowhere near as extreme as last time). This should make everything run faster/smoother. I'll be restoring all the images too, and will post a full explanation of what's going on. 

Whilst there are clearly a few problems at the moment,@steve25805 you mentioned not even being able to post without getting errors, is this still happening, as posting seems fine for me? 

• Like 2

Short posts seem to work - albeit with a time delay - but longer posts not, I typed a longer post broadly outlining what has happened for those wondering about what has been going on...and error 403 message

This is what I get....

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If this is happening with longer posts it will make the posting of stories virtually impossible because my post....although longer...was nowhere near as long as a story, only about two paragraphs.

But maybe the new server plus full installation will resolve this. If it is the kind of problem that only affects longer posts, no one would notice until or unless they posted something a bit longer themselves.

If Admin is implementing the site on a new server, I expect there will be any number of teething problems.   I notice that we are no longer using encrypted connections for example,  and that avatar and thread pictures are not showing yet.

It may take weeks of work to resolve everything - I am very impressed that Admin has got a basic site back on the air in such a short time.   I hope people will be patient.

• Like 4

http://peefans.com/index.php?/topic/7387-were-back-please-read/

More details above, but to quickly summarise: the past administrator had to shut the site down for legal reasons, I (site founder) have re-taken over. I am currently in the process of getting everything running smoothly again, and there is now a new section at the top of the site where developments and issues can be posted. Pictures will return shortly, but it is fine to continue posting in the meantime - most other things should be running fine. Thanks a lot for your patience. :) 

• Like 2