Peeing on the job 👷‍♂️

I have a long commute from work, and normally I just listen to music on Spotify. I have recently discovered a podcast on there called “Stuff You Should Know” and they did one on How Cranes Work. (Tower cranes on building construction sites.)

It was quite interesting. They mentioned that the cab the crane operator sits in has no toilet, so he obviously has to pee in a bottle (and do any No. 2 in a bag). Because if he had to climb down that thing, the whole site would have to shut down and wait for him.

It made me wonder what other jobs require workers to pee somewhere other than a toilet?

On my drive home I thought of these. Can you think of others? Are there particular jobs out there where you have ever wondered “how the hell do they take a pee doing that?!”….

* Formula 1 racing car drivers. Do they pee in their suits? 

* Jet fighter pilots on long missions.

* Musicians who play long sets on stage.

* People who climb mountains. Do they pee mid-air while hanging from their ropes on the side of a cliff? 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ILove2piss said:

Some racing drivers do pee in their suits. I think there’s a thread about that on here.

fighter pilots use “relief bags” a shaped bag filled with diaper powder, we sell them at my work.

Very interesting. 

7 minutes ago, DoctorDoctor said:

Construction workers (where portapotties aren't provided).

Landscaping and grass cutting workers that move from site to site

News reports that report long periods in remote or war/storm damaged locations.

Yeah they must all just find a bush, tree or building I guess. I often wonder about it. 

33 minutes ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

I have a long commute from work, and normally I just listen to music on Spotify. I have recently discovered a podcast on there called “Stuff You Should Know” and they did one on How Cranes Work. (Tower cranes on building construction sites.)

It was quite interesting. They mentioned that the cab the crane operator sits in has no toilet, so he obviously has to pee in a bottle (and do any No. 2 in a bag). Because if he had to climb down that thing, the whole site would have to shut down and wait for him.

It made me wonder what other jobs require workers to pee somewhere other than a toilet?

On my drive home I thought of these. Can you think of others? Are there particular jobs out there where you have ever wondered “how the hell do they take a pee doing that?!”….

* Formula 1 racing car drivers. Do they pee in their suits? 

Almost a certainty, unless they can hold for the entire race. Those pit stops aren't going to give them enough time to get out of the car, never mind drop trou.

* Jet fighter pilots on long missions.

As a previous poster mentioned, there are such things as relief bags. And, did you know the first astronauts were actually told to wet themselves?

* Musicians who play long sets on stage.

For sure. I think we've all head about famous performers who have their own toilet just off-stage. 

* People who climb mountains. Do they pee mid-air while hanging from their ropes on the side of a cliff? 

Again, yes. I've heard a few interesting stories from women climbers who've told me all the steps involved.

One more occupation I would add are foresters. I know at least one woman who has confessed to me that her favorite part of the job was getting paid to pee in some very scenic locations.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, glad1 said:

Almost a certainty, unless they can hold for the entire race. Those pit stops aren't going to give them enough time to get out of the car, never mind drop trou.

As a previous poster mentioned, there are such things as relief bags. And, did you know the first astronauts were actually told to wet themselves?

For sure. I think we've all head about famous performers who have their own toilet just off-stage. 

Again, yes. I've heard a few interesting stories from women climbers who've told me all the steps involved.

One more occupation I would add are foresters. I know at least one woman who has confessed to me that her favorite part of the job was getting paid to pee in some very scenic locations.

Wow, re astronauts. 
Wonderful, re peeing in scenic locations. Very lucky. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

Wonderful, re peeing in scenic locations. Very lucky. 

Don't you try to do that as much as you can, too? You do know I enjoy hiking for more than just the exercise?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, glad1 said:

Foresters definitely would pee in the outdoors during work.  (I'd love to get paid to pee in scenic locations too!)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Truck drivers, we have to pee in bottles when where stuck somewhere or pee next to our trucks at the side of the road. 

Pro cyclists can pee whilst riding otherwise they get dropped from the peleton. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Usually not true, at least at the major events where's there's a "sanitary break." Of course, not every rider wants to pee with a bunch of guys.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, glad1 said:

Usually not true, at least at the major events where's there's a "sanitary break." Of course, not every rider wants to pee with a bunch of guys.

They used to do that but not so much now. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

They used to do that but not so much now. 

I guess that's why I'm no longer competing.

I'm finding it much more enjoyable now introducing woman to long distance cycling.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, glad1 said:

I guess that's why I'm no longer competing.

I'm finding it much more enjoyable now introducing woman to long distance cycling.

Nice. 

I was never faster enough to race, just do it for pleasure. 

Peter Sega said the new younger riders ignore the old unwritten rules of cycling and don't always follow tradition. They have teams mates push them along while they pee instead of stopping. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LovesToWet said:

Nice. 

I was never faster enough to race, just do it for pleasure. 

Peter Sega said the new younger riders ignore the old unwritten rules of cycling and don't always follow tradition. They have teams mates push them along while they pee instead of stopping. 

I won't say I was ever a follower of tradition, but I always felt much more comfortable pulling over to the side. The thought of riding in wet shorts did nothing for me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

Truck drivers, we have to pee in bottles when where stuck somewhere or pee next to our trucks at the side of the road. 

Yes, of course. Wow, interesting re pro cyclists. Wonder if anyone notices? 

Formula 1 drivers do occasionally but apparently not that often these days, they can normally be seen heading off the grid for the loo during the build up to lights out. Also most of the time it's pretty hot in the cars so dehydration is more of a worry, and the longest a race can last is two hours which I guess isn't that long for fit young men to hold. 🙂

Edited by mickymoist
  • Love 1

I work with musicians on stage. Never seen them gone to pee while on stage, even during 1 hour+ sets. Some festivals have had portapottys at the stage, some more behind the stage and some fairly close to the stage, in case they need to. Sometimes once musicians get drunk there is a lot of peeing outdoors for convenience. Also on long drives, I have seen some pee on the grass or on a tree rather than to walk over to public toilets at rest stops.

Also just at music events in general, once people have a lot of alcohol, they are more likely to pee somewhere else. Once overheard venue staff saying some people might try and pee where they are to save their spot in the crowd.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

Mmmm peeing during a bushwalk/hike is always a pleasure. 

Next time I go to the nudist resort, I will have to make sure I have to pee before I start my hike. Forgot about that last time and barely had anything come out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1