Pubic Hair - Topic Becoming More Mainstream in Advertising

Kirby23

Has anyone else noticed that the topic of pubic hair management seems to be becoming more mainstream in advertising? 

I am seeing ads all the time, not just online, but even on TV. For example "Gilette razor for skin and pubic hair," "Nood laser hair removal," and (I don't remember the product) targeted at "manscaping."

These advertisements don't beat around the bush (pun intended) - they say things like "tired of shaving your vulva?", and "tame your balls," etc.

It doesn't offend me, I've just been surprised at how mainstream the topic has recently become. What do others think?

I'm happy to see products specifically designed for pubic hair, and I dont care how they have to advertise them. Shaving the hair on my legs or underarms is wildly different to the hair on my head (I am half white and half black, so hair texture is different all over my body) so I can't use just anything to shave. 

That being said, my husband has a manscaping electric trimmer that I use to shave everything, since along with having thicker, curly hair I also get razor bumps that get infected easily. The girl stuff doesn't work for me 🤣

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

I'm happy to see products specifically designed for pubic hair, and I dont care how they have to advertise them. Shaving the hair on my legs or underarms is wildly different to the hair on my head (I am half white and half black, so hair texture is different all over my body) so I can't use just anything to shave. 

That being said, my husband has a manscaping electric trimmer that I use to shave everything, since along with having thicker, curly hair I also get razor bumps that get infected easily. The girl stuff doesn't work for me 🤣

Just triim your bush short, don't shaving bare.  Not worth the irritation and bumps.  It is just as hot. Just my 2 cents.

• Agree 1
44 minutes ago, DoctorDoctor said:

Just triim your bush short, don't shaving bare.  Not worth the irritation and bumps.  It is just as hot. Just my 2 cents.

I have been two steps ahead of you for like 15 years lol. I haven't used a razor since I was in high school. 

• Love 1
  • Hot 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I rather like both, from slick smooth, to dense jungle.

Yes the public advertising thing has taken up an interest, what with body hair and all sorts of stuff to spray, anoint, apply, smear Etc...

They spent Millions of £$ etc on promotion to make y'all feel ?

I would advocate... Do what is good for you!  If it feels and looks good for you, then go for it.

Sort of a self trust - confidence thing.

Sooooo

Best be a first class original personal self, rather than a 3rd  class look alike. Ignore media & advertising thing

Just my...??

Euro xx

I have been doing some 'manscaping' for about 2 years.  I just use the same razor I use to shave my face, when the family jewels are getting a bit stubbly, a few quick strokes with the gillette takes care of it.

• Like 1

My wife said to me the other day that she was getting a bit hairy and it was probably time to go and get waxed.   Then she asked me what I thought.   I was totally honest that I actually like both ways and I like the fact that she lets it grow a bit before getting it waxed, but also like it when it is all smooth around her pubic area.   Later on, I was stimulating her with my tongue and I got a hair in my mouth that I had to stop to remove.  She commented "Well you don't get that problem when it is smooth".  We laughed and I carried on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...

I have been getting waxed for over 20 years now and I can tell that over the years how much more accepted it is.  When I first started going to my esthetician it seemed almost too taboo to talk about.  Guys would wait in their car and not in the waiting room, they were wearing hats and glasses trying not to be seen.  Now other guys seem to be more social just kinda hanging out and chatting in the waiting area.

Over the years I have experiemented with different looks from removing all hair up to belt line to different shapes (arrow, landing strip, etc). Now I have her just leave a nice short triangle and then waax the base, sack, shaft, butthole and buttcheeks.

Personally, when it comes to the girls I like a bit of pubic hair to be present. Seems more natural and less artificial to me. Though I prefer them not to be too hairy.  But that is just my personal preferences, it is actually not a big deal for me either way. So whatever each girl feels happy with is fine by me.

I definitely think guys with no pubes just look wrong though. But since I am a straight male there are no conceivable circumstances where that is ever going to be a deal breaker in the bedroom. There will never be a deal to start with. So again whatever the individual and his partner wants is fine by me.

• Like 1