The PeeFans Sports Club

I am not sure if this can be defined as sport exactly, but just got back from my daily walk before getting to ready for my work shift. I walked just a small trip today, maybe 5 or 6 km at the most.

I could have make it longer but as i know i will get a lot of exercise later on in my job which is quite physical, so i decided just do a shorter walk today. One good side on having a physical job is that i can save my money as i dont need to pay the gym😁. Always need to find the good sides about everything. Here is couple of pics for my walk today, winter has finally arrived here. Sorry about the quality though.

WP_20210107_11_29_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20210107_11_42_30_Pro.jpg

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Thanks for posting @willinglywet - great to see your walking route. Looks like it's hard work getting through that snow - and definitely a sporting effort 🙂

Actually the road is open for the snow, there is just quite a snow on the sides of this road. The pictura may lie about that. But anyways.

• Like 1
Just now, willinglywet said:

Actually the road is open for the snow, there is just quite a snow on the sides of this road. The pictura may lie about that. But anyways.

Nonetheless, almost any activity that exercises the body and freshens the mind is valid. It’s not about any competition- it’s about doing something- so great effort. 

• Agree 2
8 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Nonetheless, almost any activity that exercises the body and freshens the mind is valid. 

Well I walk to wherever the car is parked most days. Does that count? lol.

Seriously, most of my exercise I get at work in my supermarket job, when they put me outside pushing trolleys for several hours.

Can't really pretend it's a sport though, though it kind of could be. Dodging the idiot who walks in front of you? The sport of idiot-dodging with trains of trolleys? lol

• Haha 3
25 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

Well I walk to wherever the car is parked most days. Does that count? lol.

Seriously, most of my exercise I get at work in my supermarket job, when they put me outside pushing trolleys for several hours.

Can't really pretend it's a sport though, though it kind of could be. Dodging the idiot who walks in front of you? The sport of idiot-dodging with trains of trolleys? lol

Not to mention the shiny car drivers who imagine they can just drive across your path and your line of trolleys will be able to steer away...

• Like 1

After resting a sore calf for a few days it was good to get out again this morning for 10k (46:28) with no ill effects. I think I also benefited from some exercises I have been doing to increase hip mobility following a free online mobility assessment by two gorgeous ladies at a local sports injury / physiotherapy clinic (part of a local council virtual fitness festival thingy). If anyone wants a copy of the exercise plan for hip mobility let me know - though I am sure you are all capable of looking up such things yourself 🙂  (By the way, the pigeon stretch is bloody impossible - I always found it impossible when I was doing yoga - gives me cramp in places I didn't know I had.)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, Kupar said:

a free online mobility assessment by two gorgeous ladies

Almost worth getting an injury for!

I had a problem a couple of years ago with my shoulder that wouldn't move enough to let me put my hand behind my back.   I had physio with a gorgeous young lady and boy did she put me through pain - I'm sure she took great pleasure in it and I'm sure I only went because she had a great arse and I enjoyed following her up the stairs to the treatment room and enjoyed having her hands massaging me.  Has to be said though the treatment did work and full mobility returned.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

Almost worth getting an injury for!

I had a problem a couple of years ago with my shoulder that wouldn't move enough to let me put my hand behind my back.   I had physio with a gorgeous young lady and boy did she put me through pain - I'm sure she took great pleasure in it and I'm sure I only went because she had a great arse and I enjoyed following her up the stairs to the treatment room and enjoyed having her hands massaging me.  Has to be said though the treatment did work and full mobility returned.

Sounds excellent! I'm glad the lady in question was professional and effective as well as possessing a great backside.

I liked my free session - and the ladies - enough to book on to two of their (paid, but very good value) online classes, this Thursday and next, covering strength training for runners. Given by the lovely Nadine. I am very much looking forward to the first one 🙂 

• Like 1

I think I have rumbled the sports therapy clinic's business model: give a free online class that's easy, and entices the punter to sign up for a paid-for online class. Then at that online class, work the new punter so hard he does himself an injury requiring expensive rehabilitation. Actually, that's an exaggeration, but tonight's 'strength and skills for runners' class certainly woke up some muscles of mine that haven't been worked that hard for a long while, if ever. But while Nadine is giving the classes I think I'll keep doing them. I got a pleasurable hour-long session and felt I'd improved myself by the end. Worth a fiver of anyone's money 🙂 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Sophie said:

Who fancies attempting this?

That's some serious cycling there!   

9 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Maybe against @Alfresco would be feasible

Preserved railways in the UK usually have a line speed max of 25mph, plus a fairly leisurely acceleration and braking performance, so if you had a road parallel to a preserved railway, you would certainly have a good chance - especially over a short distance.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I am *not* a cyclist, but it was good to get out on the bike today for a 20 mile round trip into town, with a stop for a pint or two and some food with a friend. To give you an idea of how flat it is round here, and how slow I am on my 12kg flat-bar hybrid, it took me 1hr 35 mins to pootle in and back the 20 miles, and the total elevation was less than 100ft. But a lovely ride in beautiful spring sunshine, and the chance to visit the grave of Ludwig Wittgenstein too 🙂 

PHOTO_20210413_140036 (2).jpg

Edited by Kupar
Correction
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2021 at 4:55 PM, Sophie said:

Who fancies attempting this? I don't think I could do it.

I'd attempt this when and if I got myseld up to peak fitness. Sadly with my bulky football player body, that's a far fetched goal. I like cycling but I'm not very good at it.

Spring is really here! Warm sunshine! And a chance to go back to running on  rough tracks rather than tarmac, and see whether the ankle, calf and knee strength exercises over the winter have made a difference.

So two miles reasonably quick run over the fen, a wee (I'd had a cappuccino before setting out), then some upper body and core exercises at that point, and two miles run home. 

Cooling off naked in the garden now, topping up the vitamin D. All is good 😊

• 1 month later...

No pretty pictures or fancy stats I'm afraid... 

I went for a bike ride with my daughter today, about 20km in total at a rather leisurely pace along quiet roads and through parks and we stopped half way for some cake! My daughter came off her bike which I feel responsible for and a little guilty. I took my hands off the bars to wipe my sunglasses and she tried to copy me, but she didn't sit upright. No major injuries, just a graze but I do feel bad! The cake made everything better though. 

Had a wee together al fresco on the way back! You can't beat peeing in nature. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sophie said:

No pretty pictures or fancy stats I'm afraid... 

I went for a bike ride with my daughter today, about 20km in total at a rather leisurely pace along quiet roads and through parks and we stopped half way for some cake! My daughter came off her bike which I feel responsible for and a little guilty. I took my hands off the bars to wipe my sunglasses and she tried to copy me, but she didn't sit upright. No major injuries, just a graze but I do feel bad! The cake made everything better though. 

Had a wee together al fresco on the way back! You can't beat peeing in nature. 

I'm so pleased you got out for a ride Sophie! Hope R is feeling better - think of it as a lesson you've given: don't copy Mum! And a wee on the way home was the, err, icing on the cake 🍰 😊

Edited by Kupar
Extra stuff
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just entered myself into a sprint triathlon at the end of September. I hope I'm fit enough when the day comes!

400 metre pool swim (16 lengths) followed by a 20km road cycle and finishing with a 5km road run. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I've just entered myself into a sprint triathlon at the end of September. I hope I'm fit enough when the day comes!

400 metre pool swim (16 lengths) followed by a 20km road cycle and finishing with a 5km road run. 

Yay! It's always good to have an end goal. Good luck with the training - if you need encouragement, you'll get it from me 🙂 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just come in from my first run *of any kind* since May 19 (after which I picked up a knee niggle and gave blood and have generally been feeling sorry for myself and not motivated). A v gentle 2 miles out over the fen, watch some bees for three minutes, a few press-ups and stretches, then a v v gentle 2 miles home again. A half-marathon this summer seems an impossibility right now, but ... (a) it was something, and (b) the knee seems OK! (I had one of those neoprene / velcro things on it). Anyone want to say an encouraging thing at this point please?

Edited by Kupar
Repasting as plain text
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Just come in from my first run *of any kind* since May 19 (after which I picked up a knee niggle and gave blood and have generally been feeling sorry for myself and not motivated). A v gentle 2 miles out over the fen, watch some bees for three minutes, a few press-ups and stretches, then a v v gentle 2 miles home again. A half-marathon this summer seems an impossibility right now, but ... (a) it was something, and (b) the knee seems OK! (I had one of those neoprene / velcro things on it). Anyone want to say an encouraging thing at this point please?

Good for you! I haven't ridden a bike for a long tome, not sure I would even know how! Small doses at a time and I'm sure you'll be back to longer trips in no time. 

Keep up the good wotk!

• Thanks 1