Which would you prefer.

steve25805

There are two brand new state of the art devices available to you.

A teleportation device that allows you to travel absolutely anywhere in the universe instantaneously, space suit provided.

And a time machine that allows you to travel instantaneously to any time past or future, environmental protection suit provided if necessary.

But you are only allowed to take one of these two devices.

Which one would you choose and why?

• Like 1

I think I would go for the time machine.

Gambling on the survival of humanity, I could use it to travel far enough into the future to gain access to advanced technology like instantaneous teleportation anyway. Hopefully.

Though I might discover we've destroyed the planet and become extinct, so risky.

• Like 1

I would choose the time machine. There's so much I could experience, both past and future. Learning about history from books or videos is one thing, but actually being there to experience it first hand is unbeatable.

And if I had chosen the teleportation device I have a few options, I could travel anywhere on earth (Which I can do anyway with some patience), or I could visit other planets which for all I know, could all be barren and empty.

Definitely a time machine.

• Love 2

I would pick the time machine as well. I would love to travel back in time and actually experience how life was like and see the old European castles as they were being built. You can learn alot from books but seeing things up close and in person is something else.

Iam not sure how far I would travel into the future tho, curiosity would eventually get the better of me lol

• Like 2

I think definitely the time machine - there's the potential to travel back, make some 'wise' investments and earn the money to pay for the travel - so no need of the teleportation machine.

I do think though that time travel may be not all it's cracked up to be....  I mean, lots of people into the music scene would love to go to (for example) the sixties to see The Beatles before they were famous - they have this glorious idea that everything about that era was amazing...   Completely forgetting that deodorant hadn't been invented, many people didn't have indoor bathrooms, the food wasn't that great.  Could our fragile bodies cope with those conditions.  Let alone visiting King Arthur or the Pharoahs?

And if we visited the future, we'd be like tour Aunty Ethel who's got no idea what the internet is....   Technology would blow us away and we'd have no idea how to function.

Perhaps SEEING INTO the past or future first hand would be good, but actually being in it could have some issues.

• Like 2

Time travel, definitely. I've no particular desire to travel in space (it's got no atmosphere - boom, tish), and earth travel doesn't have the same barriers! 

I'm not sure that I'd want to change history. For all the evils we don't know what the alternatives would be - or even if changing histories would simply mean hopping to a parallel universe, with the suffering of the original universe still being there.

And I'd only travel in time if I could return to where and when I am now!

• Like 1

@steve25805

@Peefreak99

Time travel obviously

In the future some huge things are gonna happen, whose begin is currently starting to unfold, and we Witches are operating about it

See their completeness would be great ihihihi

Plus I would love to travel back in time and murder the first christians so they won't mess up Jesus' teachings

Everyting bad happened in the last 2 millennia came from repressed dualism between tenderness and aggressiveness, a dualism established by the Church, but Jesus was about wiseness, not repression

• Love 3

I have been thinking about this. And teleportation Device does have its Appeal appeal I could go visit my favorite people that I chat with every day.  And have a naughty pee with them when ever I wanted and then come back home.  I could even go pick them up and visit other or find a nice place to pee together 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sweets said:

I have been thinking about this. And teleportation Device does have its Appeal appeal I could go visit my favorite people that I chat with every day.  And have a naughty pee with them when ever I wanted and then come back home.  I could even go pick them up and visit other or find a nice place to pee together 

Good call lol. How fun would it be to be able to teleport to a friends place?

• Like 1
On 11/20/2019 at 4:44 PM, speedy3471 said:

Good call lol. How fun would it be to be able to teleport to a friends place?

I could pick up My friend  then you and the misses  and we could spend the day in Hawaii.  

Edited by Sweets
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2019 at 8:52 PM, steve25805 said:

A teleportation device that allows you to travel absolutely anywhere in the universe instantaneously, space suit provided.

And a time machine that allows you to travel instantaneously to any time past or future, environmental protection suit provided if necessary.

Surely the time machine includes the ability to travel elsewhere. Otherwise, you would be limited to seeing historical events only at your current location, which I assume isn't what you meant?

On 11/22/2019 at 5:43 PM, MrTickle said:

Surely the time machine includes the ability to travel elsewhere. Otherwise, you would be limited to seeing historical events only at your current location, which I assume isn't what you meant?

I suppose some limited short range travelling ability was assumed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
59 minutes ago, EastCoast1997 said:

A time machine. I would like to go back and do a few things differently. 

Me too. I wish though I could physically be back in 1981 - the year I left school - as my then 16 year old self, knowing all I know now. There are many things I would do differently.

• Like 1