What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

2 hours ago, Sophie said:

Wow - Gamazda went to a lot of trouble to carefully waterproof her keyboard ... and this is a very sexy video indeed - thank you 🙂 I am, I suspect, second in line to help her out of her wet clothes and warm her up 🙂 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Kupar said:

Wow - Gamazda went to a lot of trouble to carefully waterproof her keyboard ... and this is a very sexy video indeed - thank you 🙂 I am, I suspect, second in line to help her out of her wet clothes and warm her up 🙂 

That's one thing I really like about her, not only is she incredibly talented but she goes the extra mile to put on a show for us.

• Like 1

Just watched this scene again.  One of the most brilliant pieces of movie making I have ever seen.  Brilliantly captures the atmosphere of the audition,  and the sheer athletic energy of the dancers.  Plus, of course, George Benson's amazing performance of the song.

• Like 1
On 10/28/2023 at 7:41 AM, gldenwetgoose said:

Ok - so technically not a song but an album - one of the best selling of all time.   And I'm struggling to pick a single favourite song - maybe 'Time'.

If I had to lose all of my music except for one album,  this is the one I would keep.  Every track is a masterpiece,  and all linked to the common theme of insanity,  i.e. "the dark side of the moon."

Clare Torry's vocals on "great gig in the sky" can still bring tears to my eyes today.

I think "Brain Damage" resonated with me the most in my university days when I first listened to this album:

The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day, the paperboy brings more.

When studying for a science degree,  it's possible to reach a point where your critical thinking skills are sharpened enough that you suddenly realise that half the stuff that society does and believes in is utterly and completely insane. It's the loneliest feeling in the world,  but you can see that Pink Floyd understood.

And if the cloud bursts thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kupar said:

Just this

Try not to cry.

Listened to this one a few times already today, in fact they played it twice on the radio in the space of half an hour. It's quite surreal that there's a new Beatles song released in my lifetime despite being born 20 years after Lennon was killed and being only a few months old when Harrison died.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2023 at 12:45 AM, Overlord said:

This is the video that introduced me to a whole plethora of new music. 4 or 5 years ago it came up on my YouTube suggestions and when you see a video of a sad clown covering Blink 182 you just have to click it! From there I discovered Postmodern Jukebox and their incredibly talented singers, and Robyn Adele Anderson.

Puddles does great work but this is still my favourite.

• Agree 1
On 11/5/2023 at 2:13 PM, Sophie said:

This is the video that introduced me to a whole plethora of new music. 4 or 5 years ago it came up on my YouTube suggestions and when you see a video of a sad clown covering Blink 182 you just have to click it! From there I discovered Postmodern Jukebox and their incredibly talented singers, and Robyn Adele Anderson.

Puddles does great work but this is still my favourite.

Yeah, it seems like this video was a big breakthrough for the channel. I'm not 100% sure but I think this was also one of my first ever watched videos from the Postmodern.

I've came to Postmodern through Electro Swing. It has a lot in common.

Edited by Overlord