What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jfhchr said:

Lovely! Can't beat pretty German ladies showing a bit of cleavage in medieval maiden outfits and playing folkie music. Also nice to see a male harpist! (And is that the Sächsische Schweiz? Near the Bastei?)

Edited by Kupar
10 hours ago, Jfhchr said:

God bless the musical genius that is Mark Knopfler

And the beautiful voice of the wonderful James Taylor 🙂 This was new to me - thank you x

• Agree 1

And I love this version of Wichita Lineman - so good to see and hear Glen Campbell show off on the guitar a bit 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Hot 2
36 minutes ago, Jfhchr said:

You're welcome 🙂 that whole album is a musical goldmine imo. Mark Knopfler is definitely in my top 3 of favorite artists. It's impossible for me to choose a favorite song by Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits lol.

There are so many,  but this one is at the top of my list.

But just believe in me, baby, and I'll take you away
From out of this darkness and into the day
From these rivers of headlights, these rivers of rain
From the anger that lives on the streets with these names
'Cause I've run every red light on memory lane
I've seen desperation explode into flames
And I don't wanna see it again

From all of these signs saying, "Sorry, but we're closed"
All the way
Down the Telegraph Road

• Agree 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jfhchr said:

And for anyone listening to this who's still under the assumption that the German language is harsh sounding - nein ist es nicht lol.

Indeed. But then there is this:

2 hours ago, Jfhchr said:

I've never been to the Sächsische Schweiz

I've only been out there the once - a day trip out from Dresden / Pirna 🙂. It is right at one end of the country, so I'll let you off 😉 (I've never been to north west Scotland!)

• Haha 1

First heard this song in 1977 on a car stereo while crossing the River Murray at Mannum on a cable ferry.   More than 25 years later I saw it performed live by the Zep Boys with the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra.   Unforgettable.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, likesToLick said:

First heard this song in 1977 on a car stereo while crossing the River Murray at Mannum on a cable ferry.   More than 25 years later I saw it performed live by the Zep Boys with the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra.   Unforgettable.

Thanks - it's an absolute banger, as I believe the kids today might say, isn't it?

• Agree 2
  • Love 1