A VERY Public Urinal

I was around Vauxhall Station in London yesterday and I found an extremely public urinal. It is on a public walkway, on a sort of island which is a triangle formed by three roads. There is a continuous passage of people right next to it and you can see over the top of the "walls" and directly in through the doorways (no actual doors). See below:

A closer view:

And a view from a distance showing people walking past on the pavement right next to it:

There are more traditional toilets over the road, which are open from 7am to 8pm and are accompanied by a notice which says that there is also a 24 hour urinal available across the road. It is intended that the urinal is used for people who have probably drunk too much in the later evening, but there is nothing that says you can't use it in the middle of the day.

It also doesn't say anything that limits it to male use, so presumably the ladies caught short could also use it - either by standing and peeing on the wall (if they are suitably skilled), or a high squat against the wall, or even a squat on the floor in front of the of the gutter so that the pee runs into the gutter. It did seem to be slightly inclined downwards towards the gutter.

When I was there, it was about 1:15pm, so broad daylight, middle of the day and lots of people about. I waited around for about 15 minutes and I didn't see anyone attempt to use it, but I couldn't resist. It took me a little bit to get up the courage, but I went in an unzipped and peed against the wall. Several people passed by whilst I was peeing and a group of three young ladies passed very close and I could hear them talking about what they were seeing. One of them said "Oh you've got to be kidding" as if she couldn't believe someone would use it in the day.

Certainly would be interesting to see how much use it gets in the evening and whether it is used by ladies as well. Unfortunately I am not often in London and unlikely to be there in the evening.

There are a couple of photos of it in use below as found on the internet (not me!).

London_club_ritateam_shenans-756162.jpeg2755610223_05de6167bc_m.jpg

IMG_20151111_132933670.jpg.1cdbcf9215a7504265cc889b8f417af6.jpg

IMG_20151111_132940430.jpg.d252c72ed8ecf02b7f970bf45750ec5e.jpg

IMG_20151111_133338062.jpg.f0408ffdd5209cc4539dff39f63e12e8.jpg

i'm a little surprised that with the walls being so low, nobody has been caught by the Police for ''public indecency''...also theres no facilities to wash hands so it may not be the most hygienic of places

If the authorities provide such a facility and the sign over the road states that it is a 24 hour urinal (i.e. not just a night time urinal), then I think you would have a fair case if police challenged it. There are little barred gates which can be closed, so if it wasn't meant to be used in the day, then the authorities who open the main toilets in the morning should close the gates on the urinal and then re-open the urinal at night before closing the main toilets.

A young boy peed in a urinal, and was walking out the door of the men's room when a grumpy old man asked him "Didn't your mother teach you to wash your hands after you use the bathroom?" The young boy looked at him and said, "She did better than that, she taught me not to piss on my hands"

Like it! I've always thought it strange that some people worry about washing hands after holding a penis to pee, but it is fine to engage in blow jobs in which circumstance the penis is in someone's mouth. If it is fine to put it in a mouth then presumably nobody is worrying about lethal germs at that stage, so why should it be a major problem to hold it in your hand?

Like it! I've always thought it strange that some people worry about washing hands after holding a penis to pee

Even stranger for women who, if they do not wipe, only have to touch their clothing when they sit down to pee. Yet we are conditioned that we should always wash our hands after using the toilet.

Like it! I've always thought it strange that some people worry about washing hands after holding a penis to pee, but it is fine to engage in blow jobs in which circumstance the penis is in someone's mouth. If it is fine to put it in a mouth then presumably nobody is worrying about lethal germs at that stage, so why should it be a major problem to hold it in your hand?

Sometimes your hands are dirtier than your penis. When you use a public restroom, your penis isn't touching the door handles or anything else that might be harboring germs, your hands are. Women have to contend with dirty toilet seats and stall handles. Then there's the faucet handles on the sink. Your hands might be clean when you shut it off, but what about when you turn it on. In hospitals, faucets have large handles you can turn off with your arm or elbow.

Sometimes your hands are dirtier than your penis. When you use a public restroom, your penis isn't touching the door handles or anything else that might be harboring germs, your hands are. Women have to contend with dirty toilet seats and stall handles. Then there's the faucet handles on the sink. Your hands might be clean when you shut it off, but what about when you turn it on. In hospitals, faucets have large handles you can turn off with your arm or elbow.
You mean the next time I open the door I should use my penis rather than a hand?

Not to spoil the mood but lest anyone consider handwashing an unnecessary ritual... :-) while a penis may look clean it's covered in intestinal bacteria as it's umm, hanging around that general area where fecal matter is present. It's that bacteria which spreads diseases and makes hand washing important. Of course if you can do it hands free, maybe that's a different story!!

While your partner may be fine with your penis, other people may not want your penis residue touching things they use. Just as most of use would love to engage in watersports with our SO, but might not appreciate getting pissed on by a random old man.

While your partner may be fine with your penis, other people may not want your penis residue touching things they use. Just as most of use would love to engage in watersports with our SO, but might not appreciate getting pissed on by a random old man.

Used that before and we'll be working down that way on Tuesday, but we always have wet wipes at hand ,!