Post Funny Stuff Here...

10 hours ago, likesToLick said:

Yes,  I wouldn't have much confidence in anything that that customer was building/making. 

Glad to see 5 people got the joke.   The "warp and weft" pun above it was not so successful.

I thought they were both brilliant. And I have to agree that the Vernier Calliper one was a bit painful.

Edited by Alfresco
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, likesToLick said:

For those ladies who want to take a peek at men peeing,  Thailand has got you covered. 😉  

(Check out the big window at the lower left of the picture.)

20230816_211946.jpeg.5d5b041f06094f6335922da3b47c0aab.thumb.jpeg.78d1c561a9f7e627bfe52821558cbbbe.jpeg

I'd definitely pee there.  Now if we could also add some squat toilets for the ladies with a similar viewing window.......

• Like 1
15 hours ago, likesToLick said:

Yes,  I wouldn't have much confidence in anything that that customer was building/making. 

Glad to see 5 people got the joke.   The "warp and weft" pun above it was not so successful.

Have to admit I did not got that one either and was to lazy to ask and/or google.
Seems like my English is not quite as good as I make myself believe it is. ^^

7 hours ago, WantonLee said:

Have to admit I did not got that one either and was to lazy to ask and/or google.
Seems like my English is not quite as good as I make myself believe it is. ^^

It actually got me wondering if the name "Space Shuttle" is a direct derivation from the flying shuttles on a power loom.  I suspect it is,  given that we have intermediate examples like "shuttle bus" and also the "shuttlecock" used in the game of Badminton,   all being things that go back and forth.

P.S. Are you saying that English is not your birth language?   I would never have guessed that.  If so,  you speak it very well indeed.    I have tried to learn three other languages,  and I am terrible at all of them.  I'd certainly be hopeless at trying to understand subtle humour and puns.

13 hours ago, likesToLick said:

It actually got me wondering if the name "Space Shuttle" is a direct derivation from the flying shuttles on a power loom.  I suspect it is,  given that we have intermediate examples like "shuttle bus" and also the "shuttlecock" used in the game of Badminton,   all being things that go back and forth.

P.S. Are you saying that English is not your birth language?   I would never have guessed that.  If so,  you speak it very well indeed.    I have tried to learn three other languages,  and I am terrible at all of them.  I'd certainly be hopeless at trying to understand subtle humour and puns.

I have heard the same about the Shuttle, too.

As for my English:
I am learning it for... more then 35 years by now; I learned most of it from Video games and some TV-Series I watched first in German, and then in English (often at the same evening).
And without Firefox's autocorrect my written English would be far worse. ^^

But SOME pun's I do get:

1562627628_FencingbyBrockDavis.thumb.jpg.e34c285f7d91e8e3581ac10646b363f0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2