Best rules for backyard pools

Best rules for backyard pools  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Imagine your friend has a backyard pool, as well as an outdoor shower (wood slats offer some privacy, but there is a gap below them, between the ground and the start of the fence). Your friend, as the host, posts a rule about where to pee. Which of the following versions of the rule would you find normal and culturally acceptable (select all that you would consider normal)

• If you need to pee, please go into the house and use the toilet
    • If you need to pee, please get out of the pool and pee in the grass
    • If you need to pee, please get out of the pool and pee on the ground in the outdoor shower area
    • If you need to pee, please pee on the ground of the outdoor shower area. If its an emergency and you can't get out of the pool, please pee next to the pool filter intake
    • If you need to pee, please pee in the pool, next to the filter intake
    • If you need to pee, please feel free to pee anywhere in the pool
    • If you need to pee, please pee in the pool instead of going into the house as you'll drip water everywhere
    • Post no specific rule about peeing
  2. 2. Of the above rules, which would you like the most?

• If you need to pee, please get out of the pool and pee on the ground in the outdoor shower area
    • If you need to pee, please pee on the ground of the outdoor shower area. If its an emergency and you can't get out of the pool, please pee next to the pool filter intake
    • If you need to pee, please pee in the pool instead of going into the house as you'll drip water everywhere
  3. 3. Of the above rules, which do you think would be most acceptable to the greatest majority of guests (try to imagine from the perspective of folks that don't have pee fetishes)

4. 4. If one of these rules was selected, would you follow it? (select the things you'd be willing to do)

• I'd be willing to get out of the pool and walk into the house for the toilet, if that was the rule
    • I'd be willing to swim over to the filter intake instead of going anywhere in the pool, if that was the rule
    • I'd be willing to get out of the pool and go to the outdoor shower to pee, if that was the rule
    • I'd be willing to get out of the pool and pee in the grass, if that was the rule, but only if I could be concealed from the other guests
    • I'd be willing to get out of the pool and pee in the grass, if that was the rule, even if everyone could see me peeing through my suit
  5. 5. If no rules were given by host, where would you pee?

• In the pool by intake filter
    • Anywhere in pool
    • Get out and go to outdoor shower
    • Get out and pee on grass
    • Get out and go inside to toilet
  6. 6. If no rules were given where do you think the average guest would pee (remember the majority of folks don't have pee fetishes)? [Select all the places an average guest would have peed at least once by the end of the party]

7. 7. Do you think the average guest would find it weird for there to be instructions about where to pee?

• Definitely would find it weird
    • Probably would find it weird
    • Indifferent
    • Probably would not find it weird
    • Definitely would not find it weird

I feel like if I had a backyard pool (or, more practically, a hot tub, given climate) I’d be curious to know how much piss had ended up in it. I’m not sure that can be done (distinguishing between piss and sweat and other general dirt). Some of the more, uh, scientific studies of this used artificial sweeteners as a marker, but that relies on your guests drinking Coke Zero or canderel in their tea/coffee or whatever.

Maybe underwater IR cameras looking for warm clouds…

Edited by oliver2
35 minutes ago, oliver2 said:

I feel like if I had a backyard pool (or, more practically, a hot tub, given climate) I’d be curious to know how much piss had ended up in it. I’m not sure that can be done (distinguishing between piss and sweat and other general dirt). Some of the more, uh, scientific studies of this used artificial sweeteners as a marker, but that relies on your guests drinking Coke Zero or canderel in their tea/coffee or whatever.

If I had a Hot Tub nobody is allowed to pee while they are in it but you know they can pee into it. Hotel hot tubs are great for this late at night, me and my buddy got drunk by the pool at a hotel once and both pissed into the hot tub repeatedly unfortunately there was nobody to see.

On 9/18/2023 at 11:28 AM, oliver2 said:

You actually need to look for cooler clouds.   If you have a hot tub and have the temperature set above body temperature, then the pee entering the water is actually cooler than the water.  I know from experience of feeling my own pee and that of my wife.

We do have a hot tub and I always say not to pee in the water - mainly because it is too discrete and I don't get to know when it is happening or see anything.   I prefer my wife to pee standing on the deck next to the tub and I have said that if she wants to pee in the water then she should at least sit on the side and open her legs so I can see her peeing into the water.   She does pee on the deck quite often but she has only sat on the side and peed into the tub once.   She does quite often get into the water and then say "oops, sorry" as she pees into the water regardless.   She says the water makes her feel the need to release.  Sometimes she lets me put my hand over her pussy whilst she does it, sometimes I see the yellow cloud appearing and sometimes she waits until after she has peed before announcing "Oops, sorry, I did a wee".

We rarely have guests in our hot tub, but when we did have one of my wife's female friends there I have said not to pee in the water.   I told her that she could pee on the grass and I enjoyed seeing her get out of the tub and go down the garden, knowing what she was doing, even if I couldn't see anything.  I asked her when she got back if she felt better and she said she did.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ChrisS said:

@PeeingPoshBoy How exactly did you (or others) phrase the request for guests to not pee in the pool?

The one I can remember was just someone getting out of the pool and saying "just going to the toilet, be back in a minute" and my friend went "actually, to keep the carpet  inside dry can you just go in the bushes?" And that was it!

• Love 1
  • Hot 1
  • 1 month later...

Since this topic has morphed somewhat from pools to hot tubs, here is a link to a similar topic I created (about hot tubs) that generated a lot of comments and activity:

https://peefans.com/topic/21280-hot-tub-pee-etiquette/

Based on the comments, it doesn't seem unusual, especially among friends, for a host to say something like "please don't pee in the hot tub, here are some other options instead (grass, bushes, etc.)"

• Like 1
21 hours ago, overcaffeinated said:

It's entertaining to me that the "polite" act in these circumstances is to pee somewhere in the yard.  Being polite myself, I use this to my advantage any time I'm spending time with friends who have a private pool or hot tub

I love this! Such an interesting / astute observation!

This reminds me of a situation my wife was in, of which I told in my discussion thread to which I linked above. But I'll retell it briefly here. 

Several years ago my wife attended a hot tub party at her friend's house. It was all women, and drinks were free-flowing. The host asked everyone to please not pee in the hot tub. She said they could go in the house, or in the grass, but just not in the tub. 

But the hot tub was in the way back yard, a bit of a hike from the house. My wife said she didn't really notice anyone get out and walk to the house. She said at various times people would sit on the edge of the tub to "cool off," but she suspected they were peeing. 

I asked her "What did you do when you needed to pee?" She said that she didn't want to be so obvious, and so she peed (down her legs) as she was walking to the cooler where the drinks were. I asked "Do you think anyone noticed?" And she said "No, it was dark out and I was wet anyway".

She said that as the night went on and everyone had more to drink that some people became more obvious, but no one cared or paid any attention. 

• Like 1