No Time to Get my Underwear Down

I am 67, and recently, over the last few months this has become an issue. I may feel a slight need to pee if at all. Suddenly I feel the need very urgently. Sometimes I don't make it. It is annoying. Sometimes I can hold on until the urge passes, but not for long.

I know about prostate issues, mine is slightly enlarged, which my Dr. says is normal for my age.

Other than that what causes urge incontinence.  I don't have a UTI.

On 11/9/2019 at 2:59 PM, Jayne78 said:

This happened only this morning. I had been into town with my mum while my dad looked after the boys. I had this outfit on.

t135.thumb.jpg.7cebe85609949db5015407c6ee190f73.jpg

Well as I have said recently I have started to have bouts of urge incontinence. The urge comes on very quickly and in less than 10 minutes I am desperate. Well you know how good my control is (not).

I parked the car on my mums drive and walked with my legs clamped together as fast as I could while trying to look natural. Totally ignoring my boys who were happy to see me I ran upstairs. I locked the bathroom door as the floodgates opened.

I yanked up my skirt and ran to the toilet and sat down, peeing through my tights and panties. There was nothing I could do to stop the flow I just had to accept the situation for what it was.

A silly 40 year old women weeing in her pants. I looked at the floor it was wet, but fortunately it was tilled.

It took me a good 15 minutes to clean up, I had my bag with me and as you know I always carry spares.

My mum asked if I was OK (she knows I have issues), I lied and said I was.

You might be 40 but your not silly this is outside of your control. The good thing is that your mum understands and you could clean up.  Urgency is difficult as one moment your fine then next moment you have pee wanting to rush past the lips. I know it wouldnt be a nice feeling for you as you would feel the pee around the lips if done in knickers and even without knickers you can feel it coming and there nothing you can do but hope no-one is about and maybe squat or keep dress/skirt clear as it leaves the lips.

Edited by jtcpee
  • Like 3

Jayne, You're not silly at all. You have a well known medical problem, which is not your fault. Love your outfit, as I always do. And of course, I love your incredibly beautiful legs, which your outfit shows, to great advantage. xx

• Agree 2
23 hours ago, Sweets said:

https://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/qa/can-foods-or-drinks-cause-bladder-spasms

read this it might help

i cut out caffeine and it helped a lot. My dr told me Mt dew is the absolute worst. It has a very high caffeine content and citrus acid. Both are a double wammy.  

That's a really good point @Sweets - I know I drink too much good coffee at work and know it has that effect on me - the zero to ten in a couple of minutes.  If I do hang on the urge will often subside and I'll have another half hour.  I do find as well some soft drinks, particularly cheap lemonade (British lemonade is a bit like sprite) - I assumed it was maybe a particular artificial sweetener, but could be citric acid I guess.

It's a good point @Jayne78 to discuss with your GP.  If you're not comfortable talking the issue with your personal doc, if your surgery is anything like ours you can try for an appointment with pretty much any of them.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:59 AM, Jayne78 said:

This happened only this morning. I had been into town with my mum while my dad looked after the boys. I had this outfit on.

t135.thumb.jpg.7cebe85609949db5015407c6ee190f73.jpg

Well as I have said recently I have started to have bouts of urge incontinence. The urge comes on very quickly and in less than 10 minutes I am desperate. Well you know how good my control is (not).

I parked the car on my mums drive and walked with my legs clamped together as fast as I could while trying to look natural. Totally ignoring my boys who were happy to see me I ran upstairs. I locked the bathroom door as the floodgates opened.

I yanked up my skirt and ran to the toilet and sat down, peeing through my tights and panties. There was nothing I could do to stop the flow I just had to accept the situation for what it was.

A silly 40 year old women weeing in her pants. I looked at the floor it was wet, but fortunately it was tilled.

It took me a good 15 minutes to clean up, I had my bag with me and as you know I always carry spares.

My mum asked if I was OK (she knows I have issues), I lied and said I was.

Don't be embarrassed you peed your pants at 40. All women should pee their pants just not every 10 minutes. I would have to wash alot of your panties if you peed your pants every 10 minutes you could damage them and leave stains in them. Normal woman pee every hour to 2 hours and could hold thier pee for an hour or more. I would let you pee your pants on my lap or anywhere you would like. It seems like something is wrong with your bladder it is not filling up properly. You should get it checked out possibly surgery. 

3 hours ago, Sweets said:

I don’t know about England but here with have gynecologists that special in the bladder. How specific to urinary issues.  Or seek out a urologist.  

@Sweets you dont need a doctor my lap is always open for you to pee your pants or panties. I would change you after.

4 minutes ago, Jerry911 said:

Don't be embarrassed you peed your pants at 40. All women should pee their pants just not every 10 minutes. I would have to wash alot of your panties if you peed your pants every 10 minutes you could damage them and leave stains in them. Normal woman pee every hour to 2 hours and could hold thier pee for an hour or more. I would let you pee your pants on my lap or anywhere you would like. It seems like something is wrong with your bladder it is not filling up properly. You should get it checked out possibly surgery. 

She needs to check out other options before jumping to surgery.  The doctor that did my surgery that fucked me up for five years jump right to the surgery instead of giving me other options.  I didn’t need the surgery as it turns out. For me physically therapy and changing some things in my diet fixed most of my problems.  And those 5 years where hell for me. My leaking got worse. It was damaging my kidneys. I was getting UTI all the time. It hurt to have sex. And my doctor told me nothing was wrong with me. Second opinion same thing. Finally found a doctor that listens and said I had a problem.  She reversed the surgery for me. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks for your kind words of sympathy and wisdom. Hope you all got some enjoyment also. You are the reason I love this forum.

I had a similar accident Friday lunchtime. If my hubbys camera was in position I will post some pics this week.

Edited by Jayne78
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Thanks as always for sharing with us Jayne - sympathy is always available and glad you find at least some of the advise to be wise.  Personally I have difficulty with gleaning 'enjoyment' from your distress - but clearly there are those on the forum who have perhaps followed less of the background since you joined, and yes they certainly seem to enjoy your posts.

So glad you love being a part of this family. 

• Agree 2
13 minutes ago, Jayne78 said:

I dont talk about my issues face to face I find it to embarrassing. This is why the forum helps me so much and hopefully I am able to give a little something in return.

I appreciate how open you are to sharing your issues. But do you have any idea what your maximum bladder capacity would be before you really had to pee?