Tattoos.

F.W

Nowadays,it seems to me,that about 80% of people sport a tattoo.Now,im not against this as such,i can see how the odd discreet one that has a personal meaning,i can understand.

However,i cannot imagine,why the hell,many people have basically inked their arms in blue.Or legs,or even face and head,ewwww.But its just meaningless scrawl.With really no meaning.

To me,i think its hideous.Thats just my aesthetic opinion,if people want to spend their hard earned on it,then good for them.But i have to say,it looks vile.Sorry.I have a few female friends that have small one or two on the shoulder etc,and they look nice,decorative.

I think idiots like Beckham,with more money than brains,started this silly craze.I cant help wondering if in 30 years,when these guys will be in their 60s,70s,they will wonder"what was i thinking".

• Like 1
Guest UnabashedUser

Although I have no tatts, I saw many of them when I was in the Navy.  Best one: Guy has a squirrel running up his left leg. On his right leg, running down, is a squirrel with two nuts in its mouth. 

Quite agree, i have no tattoos myself, and i never will. i cant stand people who are covered head to toe in tats, even all over their head.

Even worse when its mixed with body piercings and those in-ear stretching plastic earrings. 

Don't get me started on the ones who put subdermal implants in to give themselves ridges and lumps. Eurgh. All in the name of "personal identity"....sure if you're personal identity is a complete freak.

images (1).jpg

450c989d5975b8b663951ec67f82a5c6.jpg

images.jpg

too-many-tattoos-are-stupid_o_311443.jpg

worst tattoos and piercings.JPG

1 hour ago, Cuckoo42 said:

Quite agree, i have no tattoos myself, and i never will. i cant stand people who are covered head to toe in tats, even all over their head.

Even worse when its mixed with body piercings and those in-ear stretching plastic earrings. 

Don't get me started on the ones who put subdermal implants in to give themselves ridges and lumps. Eurgh. All in the name of "personal identity"....sure if you're personal identity is a complete freak.

images (1).jpg

450c989d5975b8b663951ec67f82a5c6.jpg

images.jpg

too-many-tattoos-are-stupid_o_311443.jpg

worst tattoos and piercings.JPG

Sorry,but....🤢

I wonder how they will look in 40 years?

25 minutes ago, F.W said:

Sorry,but....🤢

I wonder how they will look in 40 years?

I have a few, some big some small but all coverable if I choose (i.e. no hands/neck/face/lower arms). Often hear the argument about what will they look like in 40 years, well if i'm in my 80s and the the only thing I can find to worry about is the state of my tattoos then I will be happy to consider my life to have been stress free.

• Agree 1

I have a few tattoo 5 in all. I can also cover mine if need be.  All of mine have special meaning to me.  To me thats what it should be about. They all say something about me personally.  Your right the ones pictures above are hideous to me.  Pooh and tigger are my children with my kids name on them. I have a matching tat with my sister.  The Double rose is my love of roses and purple.  My brama bull is my obsession with The Rock.  And the unicorn was my first.  I love magical mystic things and again he is purple i have a few more in mind. But they have to wait other things take  priority financial 

917A735E-9BA5-47D4-8EE2-2A684D82FC1C.jpeg

35AEF620-52CC-49BA-9A9D-131981876598.jpeg

42A084C2-3AD4-4C7C-B6B7-A884C755B632.jpeg

2015580A-1AA7-478A-9135-657BD5BB1899.jpeg

3BEDA8A1-AC2E-4256-A77F-31665E8F53C0.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a tattoo on my back which I absolutely love and think is bad ass. I don't think tattoos have to have a meaning, I see it the same way as someone choosing to wear a particular item of clothing.. because they like the way it looks. I've never understood when people say it's going to look bad when I'm old, because we are all going to look wrinkly and old so why does it matter what a tattoo will look like? haha

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
5 hours ago, owlman76 said:

I always wanted a tattoo, not a girlfriends name or anything because you're stuck with it long after she has become history, so thinking carefully I decided to go for a German Shepherd on my upper arm, I've always liked the breed and being a dog handler at times, I thought it was appropriate, until that is I heard what happened to a friend of mine, and it changed my mind.

At the time of the incident he was serving in the army, he was in camp waiting for a posting and because it was a dispersal camp with several thousand soldiers in it, they only allowed certain groups out on certain days to avoid causing chaos in the local town. Anyway, on this particular night he'd gone into town with several of his mates drinking, it was all fine until some local yob decided to pick a fight with him, he thought he was a good fighter and he'd make a name for himself by beating up one of the soldiers from the local camp!

Unfortunately, although he may have been a handy lad, he was nowhere near as good as a trained British soldier, and my mate gave him a proper hiding! The following day his group, along with one other, were ordered to report to the parade ground, this guy had made a complaint, even though he'd started the fight, and the army were going to make an example of the squaddie in question.

The yob, sporting a black eye amongst other injuries, walked along the ranks of soldiers, no, he couldn't identify his assailant, he didn't really remember much, except that he'd had a large devil tattoo on his upper arm. The order was given to remove shirts and once more he walked along the line, and there it was, a devil tattoo!

Now the senior officers knew that only the assembled group had been allowed out the previous night, it was also obvious that there was only one person with a devil tattoo, my mate. They did make an example of him, quite wrongly in my opinion, and he got two years in the military prison!

To this day he swears that if it wasn't for the tattoo, he'd have got off with it, and that is what put me off having one in the end, if anything happens, even if it isn't your fault, you can always argue about your height, or hair colour, or any part of a description, but if someone says "it was a bloke of medium build, about five foot ten, with short hair, oh and he had a tattoo of a German Shepherd on his upper arm, well there's no arguing is there!

I don't know if you were did any training here in Canada at CFB Suffield but I've seen a few fights between British soldiers and the local cowboys lol

• Like 1