What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

To confirm my status as PF's least cool, most dinosaur-like and soppily romantic music fan.

I never really liked Genesis, and this, of course, is the beginning of the end for them as a giant prog-rock band, but somehow ... I really like this. There - I've said it.

• Like 1

And I have long believed that this is the most perfect pop song ever recorded. Three minutes 23 seconds of pure pop perfection: terrific guitar riff, magnificent sax solo, rock-solid drumming, sexy lead singer, even-sexier keys player, smooth production - unbeatable! No arguments.

Incidentally, the sexy keyboard player (Martha Ladly) is professor of design at Ontario College of Art & Design University.

Edited by Kupar
Clarification
  • Like 2
44 minutes ago, Psycho17 said:

Currently listening to La catedral — Agustín Barrios

A beautiful piece 🙂. I have heard it before (John Williams' recording I guess), but not for a long time - thank you for reminding me!

• Like 1

Witch Hunt by Rush ... I remember hearing this for the first time live.  Just stunning.  Great song but really shows its claws on stage.

RIP Neil Peart.  We may never see a stage band like Rush again (though Muse makes a good second option ... completely different and yet so similar).

Oops ... switched to Jammin' by Bob Marley.  Nice shuffle.  Love these stylistic transitions.  😁

On 6/3/2021 at 10:35 PM, Sophie said:

AWESOME song, and a very, very jiggly performance by one of the backing singers 😉

That's a killer cover.  May absolutely rips it up.  Thanks for the pointer.  Never heard this version before.

On the girls:  The girl on the right is nice a jiggly, but the girl on the left has better nipple action.  😎

In terms of human achievements, there's the Apollo moon landings, the pyramids ... and Clem Burke's drumming on this track. I particularly like the machine-gun riffs from about 1:30. Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
4 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Have I got you converted @Kupar - and did you know he also drummed for Lennox & Stewart...   Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This, Thorn In My Side as prime examples.

I have always loved his drumming with Blondie 🙂It's a close run thing whether 'Presence, Dear' or 'Dreaming' is my favourite track showcasing his work.  I think I do vaguely remember that he drummed with Eurythmics, but thanks for reminding me!

In the olden days, long before autotune and the (to my ears) bizarre, autotune-influenced, machine-like, nasal vocal delivery that many singers have these days, there was Dusty Springfield. Thinking of her this morning.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And for @gldenwetgoose - a drummer to give Clem Burke a run for his money. I give you the magnificent, the indefatigable Reni.  Yes, this is over 8 minutes long, but what an 8 minutes! 

If you want just one quick example of his extraordinary versatility in this two-part track, listen to the transition from the first to the second half, for at least a minute from about 3m20s. But ideally, listen to the whole thing, loud! John Squire's guitar playing isn't too shabby either 🙂 

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Set shuffle ... hit play ... and ... aaaaaaahhhh

I saw an article recently that said new artists were struggling to get heard because we're all listening to the classics ... maybe there's a reason for that.  Just sayin'

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sexismygod said:

Have to laugh ... this just popped up ... too funny

🙂 Always puts a smile on my face! From a happier time perhaps for the rather lovely Ms Spears. My heart goes out to her - she's suffered a lot.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:13 AM, Kupar said:

A beautiful piece 🙂. I have heard it before (John Williams' recording I guess), but not for a long time - thank you for reminding me!

Have a go at Cantaré Cantarás

The interpretation of La catedral i was listening to was by Manual Espinas

Edited by Psycho17
  • Like 1