Your dream job

Gotah

2 hours ago, Peefreak99 said:

Soldier i don't wanna sit at a desk all day or do any other "normal" work stuff i rather run around in the woods and do tactical shooting drills etc 

Office jobs are the worst! I've had a few of them, the routine that comes with them kills you internally after a while

• Agree 2
12 minutes ago, Gotah said:

Office jobs are the worst! I've had a few of them, the routine that comes with them kills you internally after a while

Yeah but it's pretty much the same with every "normal" job routines routines routines ugh😨😨😨 i don't understand how some can sit at a desk their entire life i would go crazy 

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

@speedy3471 what kind of farmer are you? 

Grain farmer. I grow Canadian western amber durum, it's used to make pasta. Italy buys alot of Canadian durum, canola which up until recently China bought alot of canola from Canada. We are in a dispute with them right now, the price has gone to hell lately, red lentils, India buys lots from us but a year ago they put tariffs on Canadian lentils so the market bottomed out, and finally feed barley. I sell this in the Canadian market for cattle feed

My dad raises cattle as well

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, speedy3471 said:

Grain farmer. I grow Canadian western amber durum, it's used to make pasta. Italy buys alot of Canadian durum, canola which up until recently China bought alot of canola from Canada. We are in a dispute with them right now, the price has gone to hell lately, red lentils, India buys lots from us but a year ago they put tariffs on Canadian lentils so the market bottomed out, and finally feed barley. I sell this in the Canadian market for cattle feed

Sounds like a nice but hard job 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:42 PM, Gotah said:

The title says it all. 

What is (or was) your dream job?

Mine is either photographer or movie director 😉

I am working 60 hours per week (and also use manipulation skills) to one day become a huge CEO which will decide the ethical guidelines of some transcontinental Holding

I am nothing unless I change the world, and to change the world you need ABSOLUTE POWER

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, Peefreak99 said:

Soldier i don't wanna sit at a desk all day or do any other "normal" work stuff i rather run around in the woods and do tactical shooting drills etc 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I KNEW YOU WERE A DRAGON!!!!!

19 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

It sure is, but it's a very nice lifestyle. Other than the stress lol

19 hours ago, Peefreak99 said:

Sounds like a nice but hard job 

Indeed it's AMAZING!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, speedy3471 said:

I have no doughts that you will change the world, you are already changing the world of the members here

Ex Umbris in Luce

I take things out of corners where they lurk

It's my nature!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

Not everyone's cup of tea this, but I'd love to earn a crust as a political columnist, using the eloquence of my own words and arguments to influence others. And to champion the forgotten and left behind millions.

I'd tell it as it really is from the bottom up, not preach downwards from amidst the cloistered elites as most do.

People like me who could speak for the ordinary people in opposition to the current media and political establishment is not what they want.

Getting the occasional letter printed in left-leaning national publications is the most I've ever achieved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, peeingone said:

Well it can be annoying a lot of regular people will also chase you a lot. But it is worth it being rich and famous is a great feeling. 

This too is embarassingly true

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, steve25805 said:

Not everyone's cup of tea this, but I'd love to earn a crust as a political columnist, using the eloquence of my own words and arguments to influence others. And to champion the forgotten and left behind millions.

I'd tell it as it really is from the bottom up, not preach downwards from amidst the cloistered elites as most do.

People like me who could speak for the ordinary people in opposition to the current media and political establishment is not what they want.

Getting the occasional letter printed in left-leaning national publications is the most I've ever achieved.

Ok my nomination for Forum best contributor 2019 after this post

and also my nomination for anything, these words enflame my heart

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I always wanted to work as a scientist or engineer. Luckily, I always had exciting jobs in science/research/development, but recently I ended up (pretty much) in the job that I was dreaming of when I was a little kid. 🙂

• Like 1
On 5/12/2019 at 1:12 PM, speedy3471 said:

I hate to be a downer, Speedy, but I think this is a trend.  This whole thing with Trump vs China will have spillover effects on Canada as well.  Just watch and see.  I do hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

If I had a chance to live my life over again, I'd like to be an anthropologist.  I love the field and never miss an episode on PBS that deals with that topic.  It's truly a wonderful area of study to me.  But, I'm not sure if I'd be smart enough.  LOL!  🤣

Perhaps I could teach anthropology.  Yes, that's it. 

Edited by 2prnot2p
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

I hate to be a downer, Speedy, but I think this is a trend.  This whole thing with Trump vs China will have spillover effects on Canada as well.  Just watch and see.  I do hope I'm wrong.

O for sure it is. Your Trumps trade war is affecting us big time

• Like 1
  • Agree 1