Have you ever had to pee suddenly?

By that I mean, one moment you feel fine, then the next moment you are almost desperate?

I remember there was a short comedy film on YouTube called “Hold It!”, where a woman takes a pill to help her lose weight before a date, and the side effect is that it makes you have to pee. She takes the pill and there is a montage of her getting ready for the date, and while she is putting on makeup in front of the mirror, she suddenly has to pee badly. It’s a fiction film of course, but her acting and body language of her suddenly realizing she is desperate is incredibly hot.

So it makes me wonder if that has ever happened to anyone in real life. Usually the urge builds gradually. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, gg111 said:

By that I mean, one moment you feel fine, then the next moment you are almost desperate?

I remember there was a short comedy film on YouTube called “Hold It!”, where a woman takes a pill to help her lose weight before a date, and the side effect is that it makes you have to pee. She takes the pill and there is a montage of her getting ready for the date, and while she is putting on makeup in front of the mirror, she suddenly has to pee badly. It’s a fiction film of course, but her acting and body language of her suddenly realizing she is desperate is incredibly hot.

So it makes me wonder if that has ever happened to anyone in real life. Usually the urge builds gradually. 

Yes and when I finally got to a toilet, despite wetting my jeans a little.. I still had to piss, I usually don’t like to use restrooms in restaurants without not placing an order first but I definitely was ready to piss.

• Like 2

I've said before there's some artificial sweeteners (I think it's those anyway) that trigger me, along with coffee.   And of course alcohol.

So I can be fine one minute, then sense that 'I'll need to pee soon' when the soon turns out to be 10 minutes or so, pretty much on the dot.   Not so ideal for being out and about, or for wanting to have a long hold.  But the positive is that it can be easily managed - if I want to go on a car journey or other trip and not pee for a couple of hours then I just avoid those things.

(And of course as a bloke, where's the fun in just being able to pee...)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, gg111 said:

Yes, many times. I had a mysterious medical condition that would flare up a few times a year for about 3 to 5 days. When it was working its magic I would get sudden urgency from out of nowhere, sometimes as soon as 15 minutes from the last time I emptied my bladder. The sensation would go from empty to the feeling that I was about an hour past chugging a gallon of water. It was horribly unpleasant. When I would finally pee, it might be less than a shot glass. It took all the fun out of peeing.

1 hour ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I've said before there's some artificial sweeteners (I think it's those anyway) that trigger me, along with coffee.   And of course alcohol.

Well, it’s a bit early for a liqueur coffee

(And of course as a bloke, where's the fun in just being able to pee...)

Um. No. Nowhere at all, nothing fun about getting your dick out & spraying things 🙈

• Haha 2

Getting older, it happens more often than I would like... I mean, bladder about half full, not thinking the slightest about having a wee and going about my business and then - bang - being absolutely desperate and needing to drop anything to quickly take a break. Can be triggered by the simplest things like getting ready to leave the house or walking past a spot that served as an impromptu toilet before.

Fortunately, it usually happens when I'm not urgently doing something else. Would be embarrassing if it happened halfway through a meeting...

• Like 1

A number of years ago, I was undergoing radiation treatment for prostate cancer- I am in complete remission now.  A side effect of the treatment was what the termed 'urinary emergency', a polite way of saying I had to piss every 45 minutes.  One minute I would be fine, the next super urgent.  Lots of roadside pees, car park pees, and the like.

• Hug 2

Yeah, I think that happens to me...I have kind of dual issues of small bladder and diabetic bladder, so often one minute I'm fine and then sometimes I suddenly realize "oh man, my bladder is full!"

Happens to me semi regularly since I use a cup for my period. If it's not open fully it presses against my urethra and can make the smallest amount of pee feel like it's a waterfall rushing down at full force lol. And it never is. If it's anything it's just a few drops. 

One time tho I did actually have a holding competition, and by the time I was actually able to pee I peed for like 50 seconds. Went to go cook dinner and after ten minutes I was hit with another need to pee right away. I ran to the bathroom and peed for another 11 seconds I think it was, but it felt much more urgent.

• Like 1